The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   For Sale: Billet Aluminum Dash Panels (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=252902)

passthebuck 08-12-2008 05:43 PM

Re: For Sale: Billet Aluminum Dash Panels

1 Attachment(s)
Here's where I'm at with mine right now. I've got more to do though...

Ryan Hubbard 08-12-2008 05:58 PM

Nice Job on the dash panel. If you run into any issues, please don't hesitate to contact me.

As far as a website goes, I am working with another company that makes gauges and we will be putting the dash boards on his website. We are also going to have a set of custom gauges made just for the dash. The website is www.thomaskirkham.com . I have not been able to put up a website of my own because I have doubled the size of my engineering company and hired new employees and am moving into a new building in September. So between training new employees, designing a new building and buying new equipment I have not had any spare time to do a website. I hope to have the dash panels on the website in a couple weeks.

Shane 08-12-2008 06:52 PM

did you ever do any design work to allow for the gages to be mounted BEHIND the dash panel?

NWD02 08-12-2008 11:21 PM

Awesome! Nice job with the panel and glove box door. What's the price on a set?

Ryan Hubbard 08-13-2008 01:17 AM

I have updated the first post and other posts in here to reflect current pricing. I sell the dash panel for $275.00 and the Glove Box Door for $175.00. This includes UPS ground shipping. You can either contact me at ryan.hubbard@aspencontrols.com or call me at 562-595-7545.

mahanian 08-13-2008 01:25 AM

Hey Ryan,
I sent you payment about an hour ago, thanks again for a great product!

Riveted1 08-13-2008 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane (Post 2846176)
did you ever do any design work to allow for the gages to be mounted BEHIND the dash panel?

Good question!

Ryan Hubbard 08-13-2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane (Post 2846176)

No, I have not worked on that. As far as I have seen the aftermarket gauges mount from the front. Also right now I do not have any time to work on that. I would need a set of gauges also to know how to mount them.

SCOTI 11-18-2008 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Hubbard (Post 2847169)
As far as I have seen the aftermarket gauges mount from the front.

Is there a way to recess them more??

Ryan Hubbard 11-20-2008 12:48 AM

I would have to change my tooling and buy thicker billets to make the gauges more recessed. I just went with gauges that did not have the thick rims like the auto meters have. I went with VDO gauges. I am also getting some custom gauges made to sell with the panels. These gauges are only 1 inch in depth all electronic units.

m6z 11-21-2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Hubbard (Post 2982606)
I would have to change my tooling and buy thicker billets to make the gauges more recessed. I just went with gauges that did not have the thick rims like the auto meters have. I went with VDO gauges. I am also getting some custom gauges made to sell with the panels. These gauges are only 1 inch in depth all electronic units.

Any way to get some matching air pressure gauges for the bagged guys. Trying to keep the interior as clean as possible.

ctrow 11-21-2008 01:41 PM

I just ordered mine yesterday from Ryan and spoke with him on the phone. I should get them next week. Maybe within the next decade I'll actually get them put in. :)

I agree that a couple of air guages would be nice for the bagged crowd but I'm sure Ryan doesn't want to have 100 different custom programs for every single request. This based on previous posts and with talking to Ryan on the phone.

Dakota Digital has a single guage that controls all 4 bags I believe. I can't remember the size of it though. Granted it might not match the existing guages but I think it might fit in the center between the Tach/Speedo guages.

Posted a link:

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.c...rod/prd386.htm

SCOTI 11-21-2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctrow (Post 2985003)
Dakota Digital has a single guage that controls all 4 bags I believe. I can't remember the size of it though. Granted it might not match the existing guages but I think it might fit in the center between the Tach/Speedo guages.

No sense spending the bucks if it's not going to match.

m6z 11-21-2008 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctrow (Post 2985003)
I just ordered mine yesterday from Ryan and spoke with him on the phone. I should get them next week. Maybe within the next decade I'll actually get them put in. :)

I agree that a couple of air guages would be nice for the bagged crowd but I'm sure Ryan doesn't want to have 100 different custom programs for every single request. This based on previous posts and with talking to Ryan on the phone.

Not looking for any changes to the dash panels. You have your 2 big holes for spedo/tach and then you have your 5 other holes. Temp, oil, fuel, air press & air press.

Just looking for matching gauges.

XXL 11-21-2008 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Hubbard (Post 2982606)
These gauges are only 1 inch in depth all electronic units.

Since you can park an 18-wheeler behind the dash, what's the value-add of having shallow gauges?

ctrow 11-21-2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XXL (Post 2985653)
Since you can park an 18-wheeler behind the dash, what's the value-add of having shallow gauges?

Shallow guages might come in handy if you wanted to mount a 90 degree master cylinder like Kugel components produces under the dash.

XXL 11-21-2008 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctrow (Post 2985676)
Shallow guages might come in handy if you wanted to mount a 90 degree master cylinder like Kugel components produces under the dash.

I have precisely that under my dash... as well as an 18-wheeler, 3 cases of Crest, and a goat. Plenty of room.

hounddogs! 11-21-2008 11:18 PM

Subscribed so Santa can find it.....

2wd73blazer 11-22-2008 11:46 AM

Excellent work. I will be ordering one.

Dieselwrencher 11-27-2008 12:28 AM

Does anyone have any pictures of these in a truck that are polished? These look awesome. Once I get my truck close to being fit for these I will be getting a set.

2wd73blazer 12-21-2008 06:08 PM

Anybody got one they want to sell? 2-5" and 5-2 1/16" holes

Ryan Hubbard 12-22-2008 12:41 PM

I still have them in stock and ready to go.

Deuce 01-19-2009 12:17 AM

Subscribing...........and I sent you a e-mail.

1nice67chevy 01-25-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Hubbard (Post 2377479)
Here are the final products

wow very nice love em !!!

IvelDesigns 01-25-2009 04:36 PM

these look bad ass. I'm also with the group looking for a way to get air bag/tank gauges on there too.

If someone were to find a set of gauges, and gave you the dimensions, what kind of time/cost would you be looking at to move holes around and/or add new ones?