The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   FL parting out 1968 C-30 Custom Camper 28K original miles fact AC, speed minder, cruise (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=377516)

my67chevytruck 12-30-2009 01:25 AM

Re: parting out 1968 C-30 Custom Camper 28K original miles fact AC, speed minder, cru

interested in :

mics. parts lot, lug handle, two front 67-68 blinkers, center grill support, hood latch, e-brake cover $30 plus shipping

are you willing to sell the ebrake cover seperately? Please shoot me a pm so i can keep track of this.

Thanks!

jaros44sr 12-30-2009 01:48 AM

Re: parting out 1968 C-30 Custom Camper 28K original miles fact AC, speed minder, cru

Quote:

Originally Posted by seacrow (Post 3699352)
71GMC Shorty and Jaros44sr,

I would like you both to accept my apology, i made and honest mistake, TWICE, if you reread the thread, "Thealien" has first dibs on the cruise lever, then 71GMC, then Jaros would have been next.

I'll be the first to admit the mix up and I am an idiot for not thoroughly double checking the order before I made any deals.

As it stand now, I am emailing more detailed pics of the lever only to thealien and if he wants the cruise lever it's his for $50 and the rest of the system will be available for my original price of $300 to 71 GMC shorty, if thealien passes on the lever, then the entire system will be offered to 71 GMC shorty.

Jaros, no hard feelings, it was an honest mistake and the last thing I wanted ot do was offend anyone.

to everyone else and their parts requests, I have completed the dismantling of the truck and I will be actively sending out shipping quotes beginning tomorrow. Please continue your patience and understand that it's not easy tearing one of these trucks down in a week, cleaning and taking pics and keeping track of this thread. I've tried to offer these parts at reasonable prices since I'm only a hobbyist and I love to see good stuff back on the street. I want everyone to be satisfied so they can enjoy their truck as I do mine.

with that said, I have the entire truck torn down to cab and rolling chassis with the excpetion of a few AC parts. Pics to follow.

No hard feelings here, you handled the situation correctly! You had a herculian task in front of you with the Holidays and Family coming in to visit. Just sorry I couldn't have given you the money, but You and GMC Shorty are taken care of. Don't worry about me, we will meet again, and thanks for taking the time to explain the situation...Happy Holidays to you and your family

msgross 12-30-2009 08:09 AM

Seacrow, keep up the good work... all of us start drooling over parts faster than you guys can keep up sometimes... That's why we start everything in the thread and not PM's... add that to the fact that most of us northerners are starting to get cabin fever and voila, you get trampled on like a black Friday sale! :lol:

When you get around to it I'd be interested in the grille still... You might want to post a lineup of parts/buyers on the first page and keep that one updated, you should be able to edit your own posts...

seacrow 12-30-2009 09:11 AM

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL "ORDER" POST

I will be updating this throughout the day and it's taken from the beginning of the thread. Some have passed already and I will indicate that. Some of the parts haven't been pulled yet so you guys that want the shift linkage, chrome trim, etc. Once it's ready and pics are posted, I'll update this again.

CRUISE CONTROL AND OR LEVER
71blksuper4x4 passed
TheAlien passed on the lever
71GMC Shorty SOLD
jaros44sr is out
1969stepside is out

SPEED WARNING DASH SOLD
sold to msgross

ROLLING CHASSIS
386customs passed
Special K (cab)

GRILL HOOPS (SOLD) HEADLIGHT BEZELS (STILL AVAILABLE)
wancosc356 passed
budnikguy SOLD HOOpS ONLY
Reddon05 is next for headlight bezels
jmedero is next for headlight bezels

STEERING WHEEL/COLUMN
wancosc356 passed
scottH passed

DASH PAD
wancosc356 passed
oleblue60@aol passed
astevens is OUT
uno67 is up
1970greenC-10 is OUT
John Pasinski is OUT

SEATS
wancosc356 passed
sammy passed
budnikguy passed
cobra_eyes did not respond to PM
jay-shy is up

SEAT BELTS
wancosc356 passed
astevens is OUT
glimmertwin01 is next

VENT WINDOWS
71 super passed
CPNE is next
bigdon70blazer is next

RADIO (SOLD)
49mercpapo passed
budnikguy SOLD
ScottH is out

DOOR PANELS WITH ARMREST AND CHROME TRIM (THE DOOR AND WINDOW HANDLES WERE SHOT) (SOLD)
budnikguy SOLD
astevens is out
1970greenC10 is out
glimmertwin01 is out

HEADLIGHT BUCKETS AND MOUNTING RINGS
67C10 is up first

PASS INNER FENDER
short-t is first
John Pasinski is next

FENDERS
Special K

ENGINE (casting number is 14010207 80-85 chevy 350, not orig. engine)
Special K
Brewski is out

DOOR EDGE GUARDS
jay_shy is first

HOOD HINGES
CPNE is first

GRILL
msgross SOLD

DOOR GLASS
msgross SOLD

RADIATOR
astevens is OUT

MISC. PARTS LOT
my67chevytruck SOLD

seacrow 12-30-2009 10:57 AM

some of the items that some requested did not survive the tear down process.

I had to cut the door and window handles off, the little retaining pins would not budge
the defrost vents crumbled in to a thousand little pieces.
One custom camper emblem is missing
some of the chrome trim is pretty rough

I'll have updated pics of some stuff later.

ScottH 12-30-2009 12:04 PM

Gonna pass on the column and wheel, I think 49mercpapo expressed interest in the wheel.

Still very much interested in the radio (price?).

Thanks.

CPNE 12-30-2009 12:14 PM

PM sent re: wing vents and hinges

John Pasinski 12-30-2009 06:08 PM

If it gets to me, I will buy the lug nut wrench. I'm interested in the inner fenders as they are better than mine. Is that $20.00 for both? I may consider driving down if the other parts get to me. Thanks Jason.

67-C10 12-30-2009 11:32 PM

I'll be taking the lights but any info on the A/C heat componets. Also will you sell that linkage off of the tranny? Could also use the tranny dipstick tube.

seacrow 12-30-2009 11:48 PM

John, the price on the inner fenders is $20 each, the lug wrench is still available. You can have it for free if you want the inner fenders, I can even meet you halfway, Plant city or Lakeland area.

67C-10, I haven't gotten the duct boxes out yet, they look to be in excellent shape but i hate to quote prices before they are pulled. I will sell the linkage provided no one is in front of you and the dipstick tube should stay with the tranny. Once I pull the boxes, I'll post pics and prices.

67-C10 12-31-2009 12:20 AM

Sounds good, no problem.

jmedero 12-31-2009 01:16 AM

Hey dude no worries. We all know what the holidays are like. I also wanted to get inline for the headlight buckets and trim. Thanks.

1969stepside 12-31-2009 02:11 AM

let me know on the cruise set up if it gets to me how much for it?

John Pasinski 12-31-2009 03:29 AM

If it gets to me, I'll buy the lug wrench. So I'm waiting for to see if I get the green dash pad, & lug wrench. The inner fenders look to be in better condition than mine so I'm interested in them. I can drive down and pick up everything if the dash pad & wrench get to me. Thanks..............

John Pasinski 12-31-2009 04:01 AM

That sounds good Jason. Which ever is more convenient for you. My problem is it has to be on a weekend. I work during the weekdays. Also, I'm looking for the horns (high/low), the jack crank handle, and how's the steering wheel look, is it available?

olblue60@aol.com 12-31-2009 10:41 AM

Please let me know when you have a total for the dash pad shipped. My zip is 20901. Could I get a pic of the brown spots that you mentioned? thanks!

John

OOps,
Just found your PM. Thats a deal, SOLD. Could I still get a pic of the brownish areas? Will they simply wash off? thanks.

John

Brewski* 12-31-2009 10:53 AM

Hey Seacrow You can drop me off the motor list> I was looking for a 68 GmC 327. Hens teeth~!

seacrow 12-31-2009 12:08 PM

oleblue, the spots are too light to pic up with the camera. they are old mildew stains and I'm not the best at cleaning these parts up. I suspect a good cleaning with a mild bleach water will remove them no problem. This dash pad is in awesome shape for a 41 year old part.

Brewski, you are off the list sorry, I was disappointed too. I would've bet it was an original engine.

1969 stepside, you are after 71 GMC shorty on the cruise, the entire system with the lever is $350, I am giving 71 a few days to get the payment to me.

more updates and shipping quotes to those next in line later today.

thanks a lot guys.

Jason

8door 12-31-2009 12:09 PM

SEACROW You said shifter pointer is damaged how bad is it? Got a picture?
Happy New Year

8door 12-31-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8door (Post 3702067)
SEACROW You said shifter pointer is damaged how bad is it? Got a picture?
Happy New Year

I see it.... I went back and you did post a picture on the 28th.
sent a PM

1971 GMC SHORTY 12-31-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seacrow (Post 3702063)
oleblue, the spots are too light to pic up with the camera. they are old mildew stains and I'm not the best at cleaning these parts up. I suspect a good cleaning with a mild bleach water will remove them no problem. This dash pad is in awesome shape for a 41 year old part.

Brewski, you are off the list sorry, I was disappointed too. I would've bet it was an original engine.

1969 stepside, you are after 71 GMC shorty on the cruise, the entire system with the lever is $350, I am giving 71 a few days to get the payment to me.

more updates and shipping quotes to those next in line later today.

thanks a lot guys.

Jason

Well I dont Understand.... You did't Follow Board Rules Buy POSTING PRICES..
Your Selling An Incomplete Cruise System Then Black Mail For a Nother 50 Bucks.. I Stated I WANTED IT...You Never Sent Me No INFO ON Total Were to send the MONEY ORDER PAYPAL?.. Theres NADA on This POST WERE TO SEND THE MONEY THEN YOU GIVE ME A COUPLE DAYS TO PAY I TOLD YOU I WAS OUT OF TOWN SO I STILL DONT No WERE TO SEND THE MONEY LET ALONE HOW MUST THATS I WILL SEND IT WHEN I FIGURE OUT WERE TO MAIL IT TO YOU AND HAVE A GOOD NEW YEAR.......

seacrow 12-31-2009 05:55 PM

71 GMC shorty, I didn't black mail anyone, I posted prices as I pulled and or verified condition of the parts. The reason that I excluded the lever in the original price was because the first interested party wanted it without the lever. So I priced it without the lever, then with. You told me in a PM that I should let you know so "you could get the money together" implying that you needed to get the money together to buy it period. In another post I let everyone know about how I charge for shipping. Common sense should tell you that this is not a large or heavy item to ship, I couldn't imagine it costing more than 30-40, not only that, "thealien" just passed on the lever yesterday. Common sense should also tell you that no one in their right mind would tear a truck to pieces in a week, during a holiday, and spend hours on a computer to "black mail" another person out of $50. I am doing this to offer some good stuff to fellow enthusiasts at a decent price in lieu of seeing this truck get junked. I HAVE NO PROBLEM THORWING THE CRUISE CONTROL SYSTEM IN THE TRASH, to avoid dealing with bad attitudes. I made a mistake in the order of this item as it was, I acknowledged it, I apologized.
BTW, the cruise control was one of the first items I priced.

I tell ya what Shorty, I'll ship it to you for $350, I'll PM you payment instructions for either paypal or to send me a money order. There I just black mailed myself out of the shipping costs. Is that against the board rules???

With that said, I have recieved payments from msgross, budnikguy, 67chevytruck, your parts will be shipped tomorrow (pending the hours of who I ship with) and I'll PM tracking numbers.

jaros44sr 12-31-2009 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seacrow (Post 3702655)
71 GMC shorty, I didn't black mail anyone, I HAVE NO PROBLEM THORWING THE CRUISE CONTROL SYSTEM IN THE TRASH, to avoid dealing with bad attitudes. I made a mistake in the order of this item as it was, I acknowledged it, I apologized.

Throw it in the trash:sumo:

msgross 01-01-2010 01:22 AM

Seacrow, I appreciate all of the hard work that you have done within this threAd over the holiday season. It's way more effort than most would do. It's your call on how to handle the shipping,

astevens 01-01-2010 10:34 AM

I'm going to pass on everything. Thanks

Aaron