The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=212)
-   -   Project Patina Azul (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=467668)

Flint70step 12-24-2012 10:26 AM

Re: Project Patina Azul

Still looking for original medium blue front sheet metal.Y'all keep your eyes peeled pls.Merry Christmas:chevy:

Flint70step 07-06-2013 06:48 PM

Still looking,keep your eyes open pls:bowtie:

bondo510 07-18-2013 06:34 PM

I really like your suburban . It has helped me get going on working on mine! Did you ever figure out the mpg? Bummer it got wrecked. I am glad to see you fixing it! Also greyhound freight is a great way to ship fenders.

1994Sierra350 07-18-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint70step (Post 6159878)
Still looking,keep your eyes open pls:bowtie:

It's a shame that I just now came across this thread. A few months ago, my local junk yard had a Chevrolet pickup that was the same color as your Burb that that was mostly complete. It was gone when I went in there about a month ago. I'm in Texas too, so that would've cut down on shipping a little bit.

Ol Blue K20 08-19-2013 07:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just ran across this thread and am subscribed. I feel your pain, only difference is I did it myself....

Flint70step 08-20-2013 10:36 PM

Ouch man!
I have found several sets of med blue fenders that have the belt line trim for trucks.Thats good for you but I have not found them without the belt trim like I need for my Burb.

I am getting a 72 Cheyenne Super this October.It is a running driving truck so I can get serious on the Burb.I have a frame at a friends house he gave me,just need to take the rusty Burb body off it and then get it to my house.

I've let the Burb sit too long and its getting to me.I want to drive it again.Really miss the way it feels

In the mean time,EVERYBODY KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN FOR MED BLUES FENDERS lol:chevy:

Ol Blue K20 08-21-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint70step (Post 6231186)
Ouch man!
I have found several sets of med blue fenders that have the belt line trim for trucks.Thats good for you but I have not found them without the belt trim like I need for my Burb.

I am getting a 72 Cheyenne Super this October.It is a running driving truck so I can get serious on the Burb.I have a frame at a friends house he gave me,just need to take the rusty Burb body off it and then get it to my house.

I've let the Burb sit too long and its getting to me.I want to drive it again.Really miss the way it feels

In the mean time,EVERYBODY KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN FOR MED BLUES FENDERS lol:chevy:

I've just got used to the idea that I knocked the patina off. I'm just going to paint it, hopefully it's off to the frame machine soon. The trans is at the tranny shop to put my guts in a different case. I'll keep my eyes open for fenders..:chevy:

Flint70step 08-31-2013 04:57 PM

FENDERS!!!!!!

Randy "TEEITUP" is parting a truck that has the perfect match for my patina!The long wait is over,now I need a nice med blue hood.As soon as I get home from Kentucky with my Super I will start the frame R&R and get the Burb back on the road.I may end up driving to Kansas to pick up the fenders and some other goodies:chevy:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...1&d=1377356271

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...1&d=1377356289

Average Joe 09-20-2013 08:57 PM

Glad to see you found some fenders. Hope you find a matching hood soon.

Flint70step 09-22-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Average Joe (Post 6278661)
Glad to see you found some fenders. Hope you find a matching hood soon.

Thanks Joe,hood are usually not a problem.I'll have one soon:chevy:

justaguy 04-04-2014 12:24 PM

Will be doing a very similar EFI install in my '68 burb soon! I have a donor '97 Express Van with a Vortec 350 and 4l80E (CL $500 STEAL). My fuel tank is different, runs along the driver side of the van so I am still looking for options. Plan to use the wiring harness out of it. The PO already lowered the burb by cutting the coils, but it sits level with no engine or trans, so I am thinking I am going to have to re-do the front coils. We live about 5 blocks from a Drive-In (movies, not food) so I REALLY want to get it on the road before the summer movie season is over!! Might even have to start a build thread....

Was almost sick when I saw your post about getting hit!! (just found your thread) MAN, they must have been MOOOVING to do that much damage to the burb!! Glad you came out OK. How has it been going dealing with the Insurance Company? (tell them to watch an episode of Counting Cars and see just how much it costs to have a "Professional" do the work. Then tell them you'll take 15 Grand for parts and your labor, or they can pay a shop 3 times as much!) Glad you found your fenders, hope you find a hood you like.

Best of luck,

Andrew

Average Joe 09-04-2014 12:09 AM

Updates?

67ChevNut 07-05-2015 11:13 AM

Hey Flint, let me know whenever you want to get rid of the burb, if you ever. You know I am not too far. Did you ever sold the stepside?