The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   show us your interior (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=594598)

nvrdone 10-03-2013 10:49 AM

Re: show us your interior

All of these interiors look fantastic. Makes me want to get moving on mine.
Hey Speedbump - love the center console. Did you make it or is it aftermarket ?

Dan in Pasadena 10-03-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedbumpauto (Post 6297595)
Thanks all. Some ideas were mine, but many of the ideas, the construction, and the attention to detail belong to Adam Reed, my upholstery guy here in Tucson.

Allow me to add my "thumbs-up" to the crowd praising your interior. So nicely done. Thank you for the ideas. Many of which I will keep in mind and happily STEAL when my interior gets done...someday.:lol:

What is the name of Adam Reed's shop in Tucson? I'd like to add it to my list of contacts. Tucson is a long way from SoCal but not THAT far for a one time visit to have my interior done THAT nicely. May I inquire what he charges for an interior like that and how much of he did versus what you did in preparation?
I totally understand if you'd rather not answer that. Just ignore if so.

Thanks again.
Posted via Mobile Device

Speedbumpauto 10-03-2013 12:52 PM

The console is actually out of a 2000's Ford Windstar van but it fits so good it almost seems factory.
Ideas are the beauty of a forum and I've copped some from here and it's good to pay back. In terms of what I did, I found the seats/console and fabricated my brackets for both and did all my seat belt brackets although 2 were relocated and laid all the fat mat and lizzard skin. I also had all the shifters installed with provisions for boots and had the accelerator pedal installed where it would fit.
My interior started at about $7K with + or - for changes we agreed upon. I had to add about $2K for the sound system. It's all done in european leather and special carpet and there are NO sheetmetal screws in this entire assembly. It's all precisely located clips or nutserts and EVERY back panel is made of aluminum. Everything is removable, including the carpet in one piece. Included was sun visor install, door seal install, a push button/key fob actuated door lock system for that STINKING bearclaw conversion that eliminates locks and a complete glovebox install with romote MP3 and USB. It also included the install and wiring of the Retrosound radio, Rockford Fosgate speakers and amp.
This may seem like a lot to many people and kind of stunned me at first but I go by the adage that a cheap price feels good for only a day or two but quality work makes you smile every time you look at it.

tobins 52 gmc 11-21-2013 09:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
like to keep thread going cause I just dropped my frame off for final assembly ,heres a pic of my cab

vht 11-21-2013 10:48 PM

That looks good.

gale 11-21-2013 10:56 PM

What color is that? In 1970 I painted a '54 a real close match to that. It was a current model Cadillac color called Byzantine Gold. I drove all over Phoenix, Tucson, and Mesa looking for factory packed quarts, pints, or whatever I could find to get enough to paint it inside and out. The only pics I have of that truck are old snapshots.

tobins 52 gmc 11-22-2013 09:56 AM

2010 Camaro green

gale 11-22-2013 10:18 AM

I should know better by now not to comment on colors. I've been colorblind all my life. I see colors just fine but we can never agree on what to call them.

When UPS came out with their slogan a few years ago, "What can Brown do for you?" I turned to my wife and asked, "This must mean those trucks are brown?"

I had thought they were green for 30 years.

That is still a beautiful color on your truck.

58-GMC 11-22-2013 12:04 PM

Some really cool interiors. Looking forward to getting to that point with my truck.

@tobins 52 - great color on your truck - would love to see more on your build!

57chevyman 11-22-2013 09:33 PM

http://www.planetgrooveonline.com/images/interior.jpg

wibas 11-23-2013 06:52 PM

What are all you guys using for seats? I was going to recover my stock 1952 GMC seat but I think the stereo would sound better with unblocked speakers. What is everybody using for seat belts?:gmc2:

gale 11-23-2013 07:17 PM

That thread was up just recently and I really liked the seats one poster had from a Buick Century with the folding console.

Another option that looked good was the middle seat from a van. Hopefully the posters will come back with pictures.

Either option has its own belts.

brikar 11-24-2013 10:28 AM

1998 Buick Century, first page on this thread

gale 11-24-2013 10:34 AM

Thanks again. I need to troll a few salvage yards now. I assume you had them re-upholstered?

av8tr33337 11-24-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brikar (Post 6385676)
1998 Buick Century, first page on this thread

Thanks for posting the pics brikar. Did you have to modify the center section to get them to fit?? I like that set up.

brikar 11-24-2013 12:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by av8tr33337 (Post 6385728)
Thanks for posting the pics brikar. Did you have to modify the center section to get them to fit?? I like that set up.

They are a 60/40 split seat that are 51 1/2 inches wide,when i reupholstered them i cut out some foam on the drivers seat to make them look more like buckets,the last picture are the supports i made for them.

DransportGarage 11-24-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brikar (Post 6385876)
They are a 60/40 split seat that are 51 1/2 inches wide,when i reupholstered them i cut out some foam on the drivers seat to make them look more like buckets,the last picture are the supports i made for them.

Excellent job!

tobins 52 gmc 11-25-2013 09:34 PM

gale 11-25-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brikar (Post 6385876)

One more question: what thickness sheet metal did you use for your floor pan?

I plan to replace the floor in both of my trucks and I like using flat sheet metal over buying a stamped pan.

solidaxel 11-26-2013 09:56 AM

Briker, thanks for the tips on the Buick seat

brikar 11-27-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gale (Post 6388633)
One more question: what thickness sheet metal did you use for your floor pan?

I plan to replace the floor in both of my trucks and I like using flat sheet metal over buying a stamped pan.

that was a long time ago,1992 when i replaced the firewall and added the flat foor,lucky for me a kept all my receipts.I used 11awg for firewall and 10awg for floor.

gale 11-27-2013 09:46 AM

Thanks. That's a lot thicker than I planned. Are pictures of your firewall posted?

brikar 11-27-2013 09:57 AM

No,I guess i should start a after the build, build thread ?

Denee007 11-29-2013 10:15 PM

My 59 Apache

Hi, dne' here,

Obviously this first picture is before~Gee it was horrible!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...psf59e36ba.jpg

Then after a crazy amount of work, I painted the dash and engine compartment at the same time this color to tie into the metallic red/green(which ever (pearl additive)way you look at it in the sun).
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...psd4e10ac7.jpg

I got this seat out of an '02 second row Tahoe. It's a bit wide, but I love it! It's super comfortable. The extra wideness allows for a child seat in the middle since our 5 y/o grand-daughter rides with us on occasion. So there is a seat belt for her as well. Welded in a radio patch panel and installed a double din DVD, now our grand-daughter can watch her favorite DVD's when we go to local car shows.;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ps68f79c2f.jpg

Here, using My Little Mule, I'm able to move the seat in effortlessly!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...pscc9cab1c.jpg

The center console is wonderful!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ps60e3b097.jpg

In the future, I'd like a different steering wheel, but it's OK for now. I love my truck:metal:

A great thanks to all the wonderful people here that offered advice, inspiration and stuck with me on my build!;)
dne'

lv2tri2 11-30-2013 11:26 PM

I like your interior, tell me about the door handles and the arm rests. I'm putting a 49-54 together and looking for ideas. Did you build the console?