The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Goldfinger nachos big brother (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=605662)

502ms 12-24-2014 08:26 AM

Re: Goldfinger nachos big brother

In! As for the wheels, I like those all cream steelies. +2 on the transports. There's a guy on facebook with 30 sets. I think he is in 67-72 Chevy Truck on FB.

ortegamotor 12-26-2014 10:40 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Happy Holidays to you all!!! I was able to sneak out of the house on christmas while the his played with their new toys and my wife was napping... I have to be honest with you , I actually had prepped for some time in the shop on Christmas by getting what ever I would need days before. hahahahaaa...

here we go so I pulled the rear end out and set it up on stands for service, after i finish the frame work. Now I'm laying out the location for the c notches. I've never installed this type of notch. It appears that some rivets need to be removed for a cleaner install on this style. I'm at the point where i'll get those in and bolted. I think I may re-enforce the trailing arms with welds just to be on the safe side. New trailing arm bushings as well. should be able to get the rear done by Saturday with more updates. Keep in mind a lot of these parts that Eric and I have collected are from over projects or Craig's List finds. ECT..

Guys as you know there are a ton of parts out there on the used market that can be had for a sweet deal. you just have to look. I all way look for people that are in the middle of a project and have lost steam to complete them. That is when you alway get the best deal on their stuff. So as we build this truck we'll keep track of the $$ to show that this a totally realistic build on a budget. Thanks for hanging in there with us. We're moving right along. As for the wheels , guys feel free to post ideas on this thread. Thank you . Happy Holidays....

trac209 12-26-2014 01:12 PM

Cool buil,nice to see some long beds get done without being shortend down for once.

C/10 King 12-26-2014 09:14 PM

Cut it down!!!! Cut it down!!!!! Cut it down!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Just kidding!
I couldn't resist that.

jkeating1 12-26-2014 09:56 PM

Love the concept! I'm watchin'

ortegamotor 12-27-2014 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C/10 King (Post 6972479)
Cut it down!!!! Cut it down!!!!! Cut it down!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Just kidding!
I couldn't resist that.

Hey Rene,

You should see the next one that Eric and I are going to build, you'll get your wish..... Fresh off of the farm, ready to be reborn into a whole new enchilada!!! Goldfinger gets done first then you'll get the big cut down... hahahaaaaa.

C/10 King 12-27-2014 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ortegamotor (Post 6972885)
Hey Rene,

You should see the next one that Eric and I are going to build, you'll get your wish..... Fresh off of the farm, ready to be reborn into a whole new enchilada!!! Goldfinger gets done first then you'll get the big cut down... hahahaaaaa.

Cool!!! See you in Turlock at the end of the month??? :uhmk:

KevsClassics 12-28-2014 03:59 AM

Nice can't wait to see the finished product.

C10agent 12-28-2014 11:37 AM

Subscribed! Sweet looking truck and excited to see how it turns out.

ortegamotor 12-28-2014 11:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by C/10 King (Post 6973078)
Cool!!! See you in Turlock at the end of the month??? :uhmk:

Heck yeah Brother... I promise to have a nice bottle of tequila for you.... and a Michalada.....

ortegamotor 12-28-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevsClassics (Post 6974104)
Nice can't wait to see the finished product.

Hey Kev,
I'm looking for an affordable auto/tilt to install on Goldfinger. Do you have any suggestions. If you could PM with your thoughts that would be cool. I'm trying to keep this build on a reasonable budget . Thank you for any help. Let me know if you're looking for any thing as well. I may have it. Thanks buddy.
Tony

C/10 King 12-28-2014 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ortegamotor (Post 6974304)
Heck yeah Brother... I promise to have a nice bottle of tequila for you.... and a Michalada.....

:hot: Yummy!!!

aggie91 12-28-2014 08:47 PM

Well its Sunday night, what did you get done on Goldfinger this weekend? Well, its only 4:45pm out where you guys are...

ortegamotor 12-29-2014 10:07 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Update: got the notches in and just about ready to clean and paint the back half of the frame. Its coming along. I want to make sure that everything is done just right so I won't have to go back and redo anything. More updates later this week. Tony

SierraMtns 01-09-2015 12:37 AM

Hey Tony,

Whats going on with the truck?

5150.4.67 01-09-2015 02:15 AM

I'm in. Scribed.......

ortegamotor 01-09-2015 09:49 AM

I'll have some update photos this weekend, I was a little busy on another Project that Eric and I have started..... You guys are about to see some crazy Sh*t go down. two builds at the same time. I know what you're thinking .............what??? well all I can say is the stars are lining up and its about to get nutty up in here.........

aggie91 01-09-2015 10:18 AM

OK, I'm waiting...

superflysteiny 01-19-2015 12:43 PM

I am starting the build thread today. Look for it in the 67-72 build threads. The name of the truck is Cheep Trick

aggie91 01-19-2015 06:09 PM

I'm in for Cheap Trick. But what's up with this one?

ortegamotor 01-20-2015 01:16 AM

Aggie, sorry for the delay on the pictures. I've been busy working on GF , just forgot to post pictures..... Now you're going to get more bang for the buck with Goldfinger and Cheap Trick, both being built at the same time.... I don't want to post pictures till i have more progress to share. no filler pictures here.

Ortegamotor

ortegamotor 01-20-2015 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 502ms (Post 6969811)
In! As for the wheels, I like those all cream steelies. +2 on the transports. There's a guy on facebook with 30 sets. I think he is in 67-72 Chevy Truck on FB.

502 MS, Thanks for the tip on the transport wheels, i'll track him down for a set.....

ortegamotor 01-25-2015 05:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK we got some stuff done this week. The frame is clean and the trailing arms and coils are in place, the rear end is getting finished today for install this afternoon. we should be sitting a lot lower here in a few hours.....

superflysteiny 01-25-2015 05:36 PM

Nice looks great.

JHT67 01-25-2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ortegamotor (Post 6971813)
I think I may re-enforce the trailing arms with welds just to be on the safe side.

Where would you be welding to re-enforce the trailing arms?