The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Project Grande Slam: Coley's Hot Rod Shop (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=510160)

clemsonteg 06-14-2013 11:45 PM

Re: Project Grande Slam: Coley's Hot Rod Shop

Just finished reading your thread. Amazing stuff you and Pops have done. I'd be half tempted to ask what you are asking and sell my truck to buy yours. Guess that takes away from building my own. Excellent truck, and after all of this know that you will be in my prayers.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

CC69Rat 06-18-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemsonteg (Post 6124149)
Just finished reading your thread. Amazing stuff you and Pops have done. I'd be half tempted to ask what you are asking and sell my truck to buy yours. Guess that takes away from building my own. Excellent truck, and after all of this know that you will be in my prayers.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank you brother, I will need all the help I can get.

I have priced this truck to a couple people for $18,500. Someone standing in front of me with cash might do a little better but not much. If the rain holds off I am planning to take some pictures on Sunday and post it on eBay.

The only thing I can think of that the truck needs is a professional alignment which I am planning to have done before it's sold. I adjusted it to where it's very close now but it needs to be put on a rack to be sure.

CC69Rat 06-18-2013 12:45 PM

It's official .. sniff.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/c...slam-27&cat=12

I'll post a link to the eBay auction too once I get it put together. Just so we can watch it go. :buh:

cericd 06-18-2013 01:03 PM

Hey Chad. Hate to see it listed but I hope it goes quickly. Like pullin' a band-aid off fast but with a bunch'a cash at the end.

Bennett68C10 06-18-2013 01:18 PM

Good luck with the sale Chad, hopefully you get what you want for it
Posted via Mobile Device

NewType72 06-18-2013 01:39 PM

Wish you the best in the sale she's a keeper to someone for the right price man
Posted via Mobile Device

c10Dream'n 06-18-2013 03:31 PM

Best of luck.

Ol Blue K20 06-18-2013 03:35 PM

Good Luck on the sale, wish I had the dough, thats one fine truck!!!!

CC69Rat 06-18-2013 03:36 PM

Thanks fellas .. More interior shots and videos coming as soon as the weather gives me a chance.

If for some odd reason the person who might be interested has a good SWB fleet bed (?) I would take the bed as partial payment. (Just sayin ..:) )

CC69Rat 06-18-2013 04:57 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Just some interior shots, the finished bed, and under the front suspension. The whole front end was gone through, new upper and lower Moog balljoints, McGaughys stuff throughout, Hellwig front sway bar... of course the Hotchkis touches.. etc.

This truck is on rails now, I cant imagine a full Hotchkis TVS kit.

CC69Rat 06-18-2013 04:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Front end ..

CC69Rat 06-18-2013 05:00 PM

Just to mention now that the pics are up, the Under dash A/C DOES work.. I am just looking for some R-12 to throw in it and see if it will hold / blow cold. It's ~cool~ now, but not super cold.

Rusbuilt 06-18-2013 10:54 PM

Chad I have a can of R-12 PM me your address and I'll send it to you!

thelonerife 06-18-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusbuilt (Post 6130644)
Chad I have a can of R-12 PM me your address and I'll send it to you!

not sure you can send it in the mail Rus

thelonerife 06-18-2013 10:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wonder if you need an 05 Silverado? 58k mi.

Rusbuilt 06-18-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelonerife (Post 6130648)
not sure you can send it in the mail Rus

Good point! I'll find out a way to get it to you Chad. If you were coming to the workday this weekend I could just hand it over!! haha:devil:

nlped 06-18-2013 11:01 PM

I've gotten r-12 by mail before.
Posted via Mobile Device

CC69Rat 06-19-2013 08:26 AM

Hey Chuckie, that's a good looking truck man and if I were in any other situation I'd probably talk to you about it but I'm just selling the GMC to pay for some baby doctor stuff. I really can't trade, but thanks for your interest.

I'll try to catch you guys on the next work day, and even drive the GMC if I still have it.

Rus -- Thank you for the gesture but I think my brother in law has some in his basement (he's an HVAC guy) so lemme see how that plays out. That stuff is like $29/lb now right?

original-71 06-19-2013 09:39 AM

interior looks nice, gonna be a neat truck for somebody

Rusbuilt 06-19-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC69Rat (Post 6131004)
Rus -- Thank you for the gesture but I think my brother in law has some in his basement (he's an HVAC guy) so lemme see how that plays out. That stuff is like $29/lb now right?

Yeah that sounds about right, if you can find it!

VA72C10 06-19-2013 10:23 AM

Truck came out amazing. And you thought I was joking when I said what it could be worth ;) You put more into it than you originally discussed but it came out GREAT! Someone is going to LOVE this truck!

NoNeck 06-19-2013 02:17 PM

Hey, Jonathan -

I would like to thank you for all your help and encouragement on this build. It's experts like you that make this hobby thrive. I hope your new job doesn't keep you out of these trucks completely. You gotta' have something to relieve all that stress. ;)

67cheby 06-19-2013 02:26 PM

WOW....I have missed a-lot ....of updates ! The inside of the bed is astonishing compared to before ! The rest of the truck looks amazing also !

CC69Rat 06-19-2013 02:34 PM

Thanks fellas.. I wish the rest of the truck looked like the bed. :D

This truck has so much character man. You'd just have to drive it. The 3ott really adds a vintage feel to ittoo. I hate to see iit go but I need to sell it.

I'm just going to turn some of the $ back into my other truck. .. maybe get it in the paint booth, fuel injection for the BBC, PB drop stuff, .. ahem.. Billets.. :D. :lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

VA72C10 06-19-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoNeck (Post 6131629)
Hey, Jonathan -

I would like to thank you for all your help and encouragement on this build. It's experts like you that make this hobby thrive. I hope your new job doesn't keep you out of these trucks completely. You gotta' have something to relieve all that stress. ;)

Thanks for the more than kind words. I did very little to help but definitely have been cheering you two on and love the fact that you have spent that father/son time together doing something you both love. I definitely will pick up something for myself to tinker with once I get settled down a bit (or if an amazing deal pops up...you know I can't refuse those :lol::chevy:) let me know if you guys run across something really cool down that way for similar to what you picked this one or your last one up for....we don't have many deals like that in my area ;)