The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Project Grande Slam: Coley's Hot Rod Shop (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=510160)

Bennett68C10 06-21-2013 06:55 PM

Re: Project Grande Slam: Coley's Hot Rod Shop

Congrats on the sale Chad, any updates on the Big Block 68 yet :lol: :lol: :lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

VA72C10 06-21-2013 07:04 PM

Congrats! :gmc2:

Rusbuilt 06-21-2013 07:56 PM

Congrats buddy! I like the video!

Zoomin 06-21-2013 08:47 PM

Watched the video and I was thinking to myself, he is gonna be kicking himself a few years from now for letting it go.

Great job, guys!
Posted via Mobile Device

CC69Rat 06-21-2013 10:27 PM

Yeah.. Its going to a great guy, he and I have been talking all day. I'll be putting the money into helping us start a family and finish up some house stuff..

I have been talking to Travis too. Accuair, PB ext,.. :metal:

It will all work out. I'm not sure what the new owners plans are for this one bit he has a sweet 72 Sierra Grande too.. so this one will be in the garage with his little brother!

I won't spoil it for the new owner but I'm thinking he will post some stuff on it. You'll see it again soon.

The ole BB truck is going to be finished and kept. That's my Coleys Garage tribute to my old man. Not going anywhere.
Posted via Mobile Device

Low Elco 06-22-2013 07:20 AM

Well, that didn't take long. Congrats on the sale!

shawno72 06-22-2013 07:41 AM

Congrats guys
Posted via Mobile Device

SuperC10Tex 06-22-2013 02:04 PM

Well......time to step forward....feel like I just won the Lotto!! Chad and Pop's have done a great job on this sweeeet 70' GMC SWB....I could not pass it up. I am a GMC fan from way back, and have always wanted a SWB. I had seen a couple of pics from time to time of Chad's ride, but did not follow his build thread. Long story short, I did some fast reading....did not take long to make my mind up, blink and it could be gone!!! ;)

Chad has been nothing but great to work with....we have just about got all our i dotted and t crossed. Getting a transport lined up now (anybody has a good suggestion for a enclosed transport carrier/service, door-to-door service..let me know). I will post pictures of this sweet GMC SWB 70' next our father/son project 72' GMC SG LWB when it gets here.

Can't wait to go forward with what Chad & Pop's have started/done with "Grande Slam" :gmc:

72' "Hugger" is ready for a stall mate!!
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...ps4667f59b.jpg

lolife99 06-22-2013 02:07 PM

Congrats on selling it Chad.
Sounds like you found the perfect home for it.
Posted via Mobile Device

67cheby 06-22-2013 02:44 PM

Congratulations on a nice purchase !

CC69Rat 06-22-2013 02:49 PM

Nice shop! Glad to see you get it brother. I will continue to help you and watch for the new thread... or you can have this one if you want?

Either way.. we'll get her to her new home safely. I have the em brake cable coming in the morning, .. it should take care of it.
Posted via Mobile Device

big_al_71 06-22-2013 03:56 PM

I told you it would sell right of way....

Congrats!!!

knomadd 06-23-2013 12:43 AM

Congrats SuperC10Tex! What part of Texas are you in? Wondering if I'll be able to see this gem in person.
Posted via Mobile Device

SuperC10Tex 06-23-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knomadd (Post 6137639)
Congrats SuperC10Tex! What part of Texas are you in? Wondering if I'll be able to see this gem in person.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks! I feel very lucky to be getting it......DRY West Texas!!! ;)

SuperC10Tex 06-23-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC69Rat (Post 6136775)
Nice shop! Glad to see you get it brother. I will continue to help you and watch for the new thread... or you can have this one if you want?

Either way.. we'll get her to her new home safely. I have the em brake cable coming in the morning, .. it should take care of it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for all your help Chad in making this happen!!! I know how it is to get attached to these projects....Pop's and yourself put lots of hours in this one. The truck will be gone soon, but those memories will be there forever. I would like to keep posting on the "Project Grande Slam" thread for all past and future followers.

As I told you..."I know you got my back, Southern Trust" ;)

CC69Rat 06-23-2013 12:45 PM

** Help us out fellas **

Specifically our TX brothers. Are there any issues with state inspection if the truck is C-notched?

Keith? (N2Billet). Do these trucks with bags/ notched frames have any problems with state inspection?
Posted via Mobile Device

knomadd 06-23-2013 02:28 PM

I've never heard anyone having any problems with inspection with a modified frame. I don't have mine notched...yet... so I don't know for sure though.

Zoomin 06-23-2013 02:45 PM

I know some people that have run into problems if the VIN on the frame doesn't match. I doubt a notch would be a problem.

Congrats on the purchase!

Have you formulated any plans yet?
Posted via Mobile Device

nlped 06-23-2013 02:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I sold a 1987 GMC truck to a guy in Sherman Tx and it had a c-notch and he had no problem getting an inspection sticker and the tag. It's been about 3 years ago, so I'd assume that things are still the same.

CC69Rat 06-23-2013 03:02 PM

Terry I really think you will be fine. .. I just wanted to give you a heads up.
Posted via Mobile Device

CC69Rat 06-23-2013 03:07 PM

Ed, did you get your emergency brake working? I may have the solution.
Posted via Mobile Device

nlped 06-23-2013 03:10 PM

No I haven't Chad... What did you come up with?

SuperC10Tex 06-23-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC69Rat (Post 6138369)
Terry I really think you will be fine. .. I just wanted to give you a heads up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for thinking about it Chad!!!

CC69Rat 06-23-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlped (Post 6138375)
No I haven't Chad... What did you come up with?

The stock swb intermediate cable is 94 7/8" long. When I tried to connect this one it was about 12" too short .. using the McGaughys rear disk kit.

So, I did some research late Friday night. (Rock auto.com). I found that the 72 Buick riviera is 106.5" long. Absolutely perfect. ACDelco part #18P5.

I have one in hand right now. I will install it tomorrow afternoon (just can't make it to Pops today) but I am 99% sure it will be perfect. I will let you know for sure.
Posted via Mobile Device

superflysteiny 06-24-2013 04:02 PM

Congrats