The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   My Pro Street '56 GMC Pick'em Up (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=432758)

Kim57 08-14-2011 02:22 AM

Re: My Pro Street '56 GMC Pick'em Up

Looking good BC.
Kim

BC Toy chest 08-14-2011 02:48 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim57 (Post 4843989)
Looking good BC.
Kim

Thanks Kim, still trying to get you and Kabwe's level hahaha. Well I can keep hope a live. OHHH MAN YOU GOTTA SEE THIS IT MADE ME SICK TO MY STOMACH.
It's just an inanimate object , I know, I know. We came into this world naked and we can't take anything with us when we leave. But I see these pictures a friend recently sent me of an accident at a cruise night and think to myself, we spend all this time making our rydes better and it just takes a few seconds for a nut holding the wheel to destroy it. If that were my Pontiac, I probably would cry. I want to know how did she manage to do this in a parking lot. How fast was she traveling to even do this. When I got the e-mail it said , " PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS PHOTOSHOPPED"

BC Toy chest 08-14-2011 02:51 AM

5 Attachment(s)
It's just an inanimate object , I know, I know. We came into this world naked and we can't take anything with us when we leave. But I see these pictures a friend recently sent me of an accident at a cruise night and think to myself, we spend all this time making our rydes better and it just takes a few seconds for a nut holding the wheel to destroy it. If that were my Pontiac, I probably would cry. I want to know how did she manage to do this in a parking lot. How fast was she traveling to even do this. When I got the e-mail it said , " PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS PHOTOSHOPPED"

BC Toy chest 08-14-2011 02:57 AM

4 Attachment(s)
More of the cruise nite accident

Layedoutsonoma91 08-14-2011 01:26 PM

OMG that would make me absolutely sick!! How does anyone manage that??? Good thing is was a woman, if it were a guy the wreck probably wouldn't be the worst of the drivers injuries. That body is totally destroyed.

hotrodrookie 08-14-2011 01:57 PM

That just made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. Your right about just being objects. At least the owner of that Pontiac wasn't inside of it, let alone any of his family or buddies in the passenger seat. One thing about these old cars is that there aint no airbags and high tech safety features like that Lexus that bagged em. I’m not even going to mention any of the stereotypical remarks about the driver...

Kabwe 08-14-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotrodrookie (Post 4844492)
I’m not even going to mention any of the stereotypical remarks about the driver...

Yeah please don't, I hate stereotypes. I had a lady hit me while I was in a turn lane waiting for my arrow. She was in turn lane directly across the street from me and kept going straight. I was beeping my horn and notice when I look at her she was not conscience. It turns out she was on meds.

VWBeamer 08-14-2011 03:25 PM

bad, wait until her insurance offers him $1500 dollars.

hotrod1 08-14-2011 04:39 PM

That is enough to make you sick, especially if it was your car that you put your heart and soul into.

1Bad62Pro/Street 08-15-2011 02:58 PM

Those pictures......
I can't look at them anymore.....
This is the Big One!
"I'm Coming Home To Join You, Elizabeth!"

http://sitelife.runnersworld.com/ver...aed.Medium.jpg

BC Toy chest 08-15-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Bad62Pro/Street (Post 4846509)
Those pictures......
I can't look at them anymore.....
This is the Big One!

I think we all feel a little like Fred when we see stuff like that.

entourageguy 08-15-2011 03:47 PM

no air bag?

Wheelie 08-15-2011 03:55 PM

Well the picture of the driver explains it all. I think that person in the reflection is the owner cause they look hysterical. Nice Le Mans but at least it wasn't a GTO!?

candyx 08-15-2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotrodrookie (Post 4844492)
That just made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. Your right about just being objects. At least the owner of that Pontiac wasn't inside of it, let alone any of his family or buddies in the passenger seat. One thing about these old cars is that there aint no airbags and high tech safety features like that Lexus that bagged em. I’m not even going to mention any of the stereotypical remarks about the driver...

Doesn't look like any of the air bags in the lexus gone off either from the photos.Looks like all the hedges in the Lemans must of buffered the hit.

1Bad62Pro/Street 08-15-2011 04:20 PM

Cuff 'Em n' Stuff 'Em!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Jj--y7nzkj...s400/rosco.jpg
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...1&d=1313304463
What did they do the driver? Issue a Ticket? What was the cause?

hotrodsbyray 08-21-2011 05:02 PM

Can a Pontiac get whiplash?

Green 1959 09-12-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabwe (Post 4844586)
Yeah please don't, I hate stereotypes. I had a lady hit me while I was in a turn lane waiting for my arrow. She was in turn lane directly across the street from me and kept going straight. I was beeping my horn and notice when I look at her she was not conscience. It turns out she was on meds.

Its nice to know that people are out there on medds driving. :bsf:

BC Toy chest 09-14-2011 08:03 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Just a continuation of the last pic. of all the bondo being removed and bad metal being cut out from the front fender, gona make a patch and weld up that hole. And some other stuff I'm doing.

BC Toy chest 09-14-2011 08:13 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Fender repair kitty hair filler then sanded most of that away then body filler then stripped it down , epoxy and polyester primer and other stuff cut up cut and repaired.

BC Toy chest 09-14-2011 10:52 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Moving at snails pace. Bed to come off and rear cab corners soon to be cut off.

Rods57 09-14-2011 11:06 PM

Looks good, I am doing bodywork right now and looking at some parts of yours that are finished makes me think that mine may have an end, thanks.

BC Toy chest 09-14-2011 11:31 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rods57 (Post 4900128)
Looks good, I am doing bodywork right now and looking at some parts of yours that are finished makes me think that mine may have an end, thanks.

I know what you mean. Sometimes I go out into the garage and see it all apart and wonder if I am ever going to see this thing finished:lol: I wish I could work on it every day but that aint gonna happen. Sometimes it's the $$ that slows me down. The family and the house come first so this project has to take the back seat everytime.

Kim57 09-15-2011 12:39 AM

Looking good BC. Sometimes it seems like it will never end but your getting there.
Kim

BC Toy chest 09-15-2011 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim57 (Post 4900289)
Looking good BC. Sometimes it seems like it will never end but your getting there.
Kim

Thanks for the encouagement. Yeah I try to keep hope alive:lol:

BC Toy chest 09-15-2011 12:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't know why but for some reason the rear cross sill was welded on to the side bed panels. I thought it was suppose to be like that coz before I just moved the bed around as one unit, But now that I am breaking everything down that is not convenient. So from here on out it will be like every other truck a bolt on piece. So I just cut and popped the welds.