The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Walter DeWayne...Walt for short (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=636095)

Advanced Design 01-21-2019 11:13 PM

Re: Walter DeWayne...Walt for short

Looking good Carter. You are moving right along!

slowcpe 01-22-2019 11:56 AM

Oh man, that looks killer! :metal:

I'm still waiting on my wheels so I can have that moment seeing it aired out on the ground.

Edit: You need more pics since its a new page.

nlped 01-22-2019 12:00 PM

I ordered a set of Slosh Tubz this morning from Mike. I’m going to get home tonight, pull the body back off, remove the inner fenders and reassemble. Then I can see how Walt will sit all the way down...if the tires clear the fender inner structure.

I’ll snap a few pics of that ;)

knomadd 01-22-2019 03:26 PM

Does Mike make an inner fender for the 67-72 that works with the stock hood hinges? I thought his current stuff all required the fenders to be cut and the hinges to be relocated. Looks good, by the way!

nlped 01-22-2019 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knomadd (Post 8448485)
Does Mike make an inner fender for the 67-72 that works with the stock hood hinges? I thought his current stuff all required the fenders to be cut and the hinges to be relocated. Looks good, by the way!

I’m going to try “something”... if that doesn’t work, I’ll order hinges.

nlped 01-22-2019 09:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Took the Body back off the frame tonight. Got 17 of the 22 inner fender bolts out but had to soak the other 5...after I smooshed my thumb.

HillBilly dictionary... Smooshed= Smashed+Squished.

I also just sat the Sniper on the intake for the OOOH picture.

nlped 01-22-2019 11:01 PM

And... I heard from Nate and he’s expecting to have my new stands finished and heading my way by Monday. That’ll be a huge relief...if I got the height right. :lol:

nlped 01-23-2019 08:45 PM

So, I’ll be ordering the PB hood hinges :(

Guess I’ll have a pretty set of black billet hood hinges for sale.

Advanced Design 01-23-2019 11:29 PM

Too bad about the hinges though it is good Nate got back with you finally.

nlped 01-24-2019 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Advanced Design (Post 8449550)
Too bad about the hinges though it is good Nate got back with you finally.

Yeah Doug,

I hate the pretty hinges aren’t going to fly, but you’re right about the correspondence from Nate... just means he’ll get some more of my money.

nlped 01-24-2019 09:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Just for the sake of some pictures. Here is (1st pic) about how it’ll sit at normal ride height, (2nd pic) how the Tire is in the inner fender when trying to air out, (3rd pic) how far apart the frame & body ‘separates’ when the suspension is aired all the way down...

nlped 01-24-2019 09:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And, just for kicks and giggles... here’s how much clearance I have in the front at 80 psi... That’s 5-1/2” above the tire, 8-1/2+ of total lift with a big block.... Not bad :D

6t9camaro 01-27-2019 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlped (Post 8446634)
I also finalized my EFI decision today and ordered the Holley Sniper 550-511 system.

Oh I like your EFI decision! :metal:

nlped 01-30-2019 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6t9camaro (Post 8452531)
Oh I like your EFI decision! :metal:

Thanks man!

nlped 01-30-2019 08:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got home to find these...

TA_C10 01-30-2019 11:16 PM

Nice!! Brown truck rocks... :metal:

nlped 02-07-2019 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TA_C10 (Post 8455179)
Nice!! Brown truck rocks... :metal:

No! They came in a GIANT box and had to come truck freight to a business address. But they sure are purty.

nlped 02-07-2019 12:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I also got a package from Porterbuilt and the new 1” higher mounts seem to have remedied the exhaust maladies. I still need to put the body back on to check fitment, but I know I’ll have to cut the floorpan for a high hump. I have that in my stash of parts so I get that fitted this weekend. The driver side BBC Chevelle header fits like a champ, but the passenger side will require some “redirection” of #2 & 4 to clear the rearmost lower control arm mount.

nlped 02-10-2019 09:05 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I’ve spent this weekend getting the body stripped of the original equipment items that won’t be reused. i.e. gas tank, wiring harness, etc. I did find rust that I didn’t know was there, but I’m not surprised.

Advanced Design 02-11-2019 12:19 AM

Up here in the rust belt, that is cherry.

nlped 02-11-2019 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Advanced Design (Post 8463355)
Up here in the rust belt, that is cherry.

Hahahaha. I suppose that’s true. I wasn’t to hurt to have only found that. The cab supports and everything underneath appear solid. I’ll know more when I remove the fenders and blast the bottom, firewall and interior...that tends to expose the bad stuff. I’ve got a friend that does the dustless blasting and he said he’d do it for some work in exchange. I’ve got to finish getting the interior and firewall stripped...& remove the doors, fenders & glass

nlped 08-19-2019 07:36 PM

About to get back on WD. Stay tuned

nlped 10-03-2019 09:35 PM

I have tentatively sold my 87 today. Once Martha is back running & driving, I’m going to get Walter back up front. I think I’m going to sell the PB chassis though and just do a clean static drop chassis.

SCOTI 10-04-2019 11:39 AM

I've been following all of your builds (here & there). Hoping things go well on your exhaust expedition. I have an early PBDM (the rare, vintage, C4DM variant) that was built for an intended BBC. I'm fully expecting to have to re-work the MM towers based on what you've posted.

nlped 10-05-2019 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTI (Post 8603784)
I've been following all of your builds (here & there). Hoping things go well on your exhaust expedition. I have an early PBDM (the rare, vintage, C4DM variant) that was built for an intended BBC. I'm fully expecting to have to re-work the MM towers based on what you've posted.

Yeah, the MM’s vs header routing are still a bit of an issue, but I have a few welders and a plasma cutter :lol: I’ll get it to work unless I actually do decide to sell off the PorterBuilt chassis and just go static. Then I think all would be fine.

But before I get back on Walter, I’m going to concentrate on Martha for awhile. I’m really hoping to have the first iteration of the Falcon completed by the end of the month #fingerscrossed#