The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What did you do to your Blazer/Jimmy today? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=624544)

1972 Banana 12-29-2014 04:28 PM

Re: What did you do to your Blazer/Jimmy today?

Everyone is way ahead of me, finally found time to pull the Battery out and charge it to see if it is any good, bought my 16 year old daughter a 93 Blazer for Christmas so I guess mine will go farther on the back burner! Hope to get the Rocker panels ordered and start the install on those this year. Anybody have a good link to a how to thread on those?

Rocketman72 12-29-2014 04:47 PM

This one is pretty straight forward......

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=271066

Slick67 12-30-2014 03:22 AM

Purchased one......:metal:

amashal 01-04-2015 04:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Was holding out for some original buckets but got a good deal on some Tahoe buckets. Got them installed yesterday.

Chulisohombre 01-04-2015 04:27 PM

Looks pretty nice. I think I'll be getting the same when I get to
My interior resto.

Senorx 01-04-2015 04:51 PM

Bought a new battery. Hopefully this cures the latest dead battery issue.

asolde 01-04-2015 08:19 PM

I put my NOS USA-1 plate on my 72 today. Didn't take a picture though.

DeadheadNM 01-19-2015 05:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Got some parts back from coating: zinc plated, turned out excellent. They look new. You can read the date code etc. on the clamps.

Hat's off to members 72K5CSTDarkOlive and Ironcanine for calling my attention to this process, which restores the original finish. Thank you!

Senorx 01-20-2015 12:18 AM

Wow! I didn't know about this. My struts could use this treatment. Point me in the right direction, Pete.

PDXk5 01-20-2015 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadheadNM (Post 7010318)
Got some parts back from coating: zinc plated, turned out excellent. They look new. You can read the date code etc. on the clamps.

Hat's off to members 72K5CSTDarkOlive and Ironcanine for calling my attention to this process, which restores the original finish. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senorx (Post 7010987)
Wow! I didn't know about this. My struts could use this treatment. Point me in the right direction, Pete.

Wow is right, that looks awesome. I was thinking about the possibility of having the struts re-zinc plated. I was thinking it would be too costly. What process did you have them use? Cold dipped, hot dipped? Anything special needing to be done before dropping off? There are some springs within the struts, I found out the hard way, when I gave them a rust removing acid bath (springs are destroyed but the struts seem to still work). Give us some direction, we would love to have this done!

DeadheadNM 01-20-2015 10:40 AM

The parts looks even better in person! Those little springs in the struts look great. I dropped off a pile of greasy parts (struts, riser, hatch strikers, clamps, bolts) that I did not prep or clean in any way to Kaehr Coatings in Albuquerque on a recent visit: http://www.kaehr.com/index.cfm

They have a minimum charge of $135 IIRC, which is what I paid plus return shipping cost. This is a great way to go. Kaehr also does phosphate coating (Parkerizing) for door strikersm body bolts, hinges, etc., which also return looking new.

IronCanine 01-20-2015 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadheadNM (Post 7011389)
The parts looks even better in person! Those little springs in the struts look great. I dropped off a pile of greasy parts (struts, riser, hatch strikers, clamps, bolts) that I did not prep or clean in any way to Kaehr Coatings in Albuquerque on a recent visit: http://www.kaehr.com/index.cfm

They have a minimum charge of $135 IIRC, which is what I paid plus return shipping cost. This is a great way to go. Kaehr also does phosphate coating (Parkerizing) for door strikersm body bolts, hinges, etc., which also return looking new.

It is an amazing finish. I couldn't believe it myself. The best stuff was the moveables/assemblies. I didn't take my hood release apart, nor did they, but the spring/hinges/handle everything just looked fantastic. Ron and those guys were fast and reasonable. Can't recommend them enough...Your stuff looks great Pete.

Senorx 01-21-2015 02:17 PM

Sweet. I also wanted to get my tow hooks parkerised as well. Looks like a one stop shop. I'll be contacting them as soon as I'm ready.

Senorx 02-06-2015 04:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The PO installed aftermarket clear marker lenses. I found some really nice OEM Amber marker lenses and OEM screws on this forum. I love this place! Looks way better. Like it should. The little things that make us happy. Lol.

On it's way is an OEM blue Bowtie grill emblem. Mine has faded to clear.

Rocketman72 02-06-2015 09:01 PM

I sold it....... Nice project but the new owner will enjoy it as much as I did,

chad75 02-06-2015 09:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Put on some 35's, and new brake pads and rotors.

Senorx 02-06-2015 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad75 (Post 7037226)

Oh my! She is drop dead SEXY!

DeadheadNM 02-07-2015 10:49 AM

Nice upgrades guys.

Rocketman72 - any next project in the works?

72BlazerFC 02-07-2015 02:52 PM

I'm putting in a new ignition switch. The wire that comes from the Voltage Regulator then goes into the back of the fuse panel connects to the switch but I can't find where it comes out of fuse panel.
Anyone know what color wire it is. I have a brown/white stripe wire that is one small silver wire that isn't connected to anything and looks like it was connected to old ignition switch.
My new ignition switch plug has pink wire, double red wires, purple wire, double green wires, double brown wires. Have all but alternator wire figured out. Any help is greatly appreciated.

72BlazerFC 02-07-2015 03:32 PM

Nice Jimmy Chad. I'm in Kingman, just down the road, lol.

72BlazerFC 02-07-2015 03:53 PM

I'm putting in a new ignition switch. The wire that comes from the Voltage Regulator then goes into the back of the fuse panel connects to the switch but I can't find where it comes out of fuse panel.
Anyone know what color wire it is. I have a brown/white stripe wire that is one small silver wire that isn't connected to anything and looks like it was connected to old ignition switch.
My new ignition switch plug has pink wire, double red wires, purple wire, double green wires, double brown wires. Have all but alternator wire figured out. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jlo1986 02-07-2015 04:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I primed and painted some old Rally Wheels and put them on some new tires. I just need to put on the rings.

Minnz 02-07-2015 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad75 (Post 7037226)

Nice Jimmy, Chad75! I'm spending some time down here in the Yuma Foothills getting away from Minnesota. Just spent a good part of the day driving around in area looking at all the old Chevy trucks baking in the sun. No rust!

Jlo1986 02-08-2015 05:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rear bench was finished today.:chevy:

amashal 02-08-2015 11:20 PM

Worked all weekend trying to finish up my Accuair Elevel install. All that's left is powering compressors and the rocker switch to hook up. Should be done with it in the next couple of days. I hate electrical so I called it a night.