The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

Rickysnickers 03-09-2022 07:40 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

"Another trip to the DMV. More disappointments. Left aggravated, again.

I bought the 91 and registered it last Nov and never received a title. I asked DMV about it and was told to call the state office. First thing in the morning I called and was on hold for almost 20 minutes, gave up and tried their website and did a title status check. It shows my title was printed Dec 9th, so where is it? Today I went to the local office and showed them what I found. She called the state office and was also on hold for over 10 minutes, finally someone answered and she said my new title had been returned undeliverable. Great! I have been having mail delivery issues for a good while now. That's a whole other problem with the postal service.
The state will not mail the title again by certified or other. I have to go there to pick it up personally.
So while I was there.
We bought the 69 pkup through a friend in 1995 and pitched the title envelope in a drawer to register it once road ready. Well all these many years have gone by. It's still not road ready but I want to at least get the title in our name now so if I expire before the wife she won't have any issue selling it, like this. We have the title but the DMV also wants a Bill of Sale that we don't have and the old woman owner has long since passed.
Now what?"

I can't speak to your state, but if you have the title in hand, then you are the de facto owner. Did the lady sign the back of the title, or is there a place for her to sign? If she signed it, then it should be a non issue. I'd go back and see what the clerk says. Tell them exactly what you stated here. If they give you grief, then ask for a supervisor. It was my experience, in CA, that most of the clerks knew very little of what the Vehicle Code actually stated.

special-K 03-09-2022 08:22 PM

It's not unscrupulous, just a way, maybe the only way, to get around the BS. Forge the title. When it comes right down to it, first of all you did not steal anything, they just need to see a signature in the right place. Just do it. The deceased can not complain.

I bought my '72 K2500 in May '01. I kept it titled in California until '11 in case I ever sold it. I got it's own registration in MD in '11 and that's when I noticed the title also needed to be signed on the front! This made me really nervous since the actually signature was on the back for comparison. But I signed the front and got my title...after a heap of worry. Just do it. It's your truck!

FleetsidePaul 03-09-2022 08:29 PM

Double post Tim strikes again. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

special-K 03-09-2022 08:52 PM

I guess I need to check back on all the long threads for self-duplicating posts.

Boog 03-09-2022 09:06 PM

Rickey, K. Unfortunately a bill of sale IS required in Ark. I don't know when that became so. I can remember buying without one as long as we had a good title. It has been a good while back though.
The reg says a b. o. s. just confirms the sale is legit. Waaat? That's why buyer and seller both sign the back of the titles!
The woman did sign the title as seller and I signed as the buyer. It's legit. Still a BOS is necessary.
You are right. I have the released title and the truck so it is mine legally, BUT, I cannot do anything with it. I'll not put any more money into it until this is resolved.

special-K 03-09-2022 09:16 PM

A bill of sale is just a hand written paper.

Steeveedee 03-09-2022 09:44 PM

I'm making a new chest to hold some of my carving tools. I discovered that I had made it 1/2" too wide. Not a big deal, just make the drawer fronts and backs longer. But I have another small chest that I want to stack this one on. I managed to cut 1/2" off of the new and rescued the side plate. It's glued on now, so life is good. I used to design tooling, and things had to fit within thousandths, for tolerancing purposes. I missed by 1/2"?! Crazy.

Getter-Done 03-10-2022 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9049462)
I'm making a new chest to hold some of my carving tools. I discovered that I had made it 1/2" too wide. Not a big deal, just make the drawer fronts and backs longer. But I have another small chest that I want to stack this one on. I managed to cut 1/2" off of the new and rescued the side plate. It's glued on now, so life is good. I used to design tooling, and things had to fit within thousandths, for tolerancing purposes. I missed by 1/2"?! Crazy.

I can understand this.;)

I have jobs with plus 0.005 and - 0.000 .

Then If someone gives me an Inch:lol:

I will Take a mile.

I always (Smooth) it in just like you did:metal:

Boog 03-10-2022 12:17 AM

Well if you're going to cut it wrong, cut it on the long side. ;)

special-K 03-10-2022 07:57 AM

I'm starting to think accuracy get's worse with experience. I sure was careful when I didn't know chit.

Dieselwrencher 03-10-2022 08:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I worked on cleaning up more junk laying around to take in. I'm trying to get the big stuff gone before spring rains. I use the GMC when it's cold. It warms up faster than my orange truck. The orange truck whips the gmc's butt in fuel mileage though. :lol:

Rich84 03-10-2022 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9049600)
I'm starting to think accuracy get's worse with experience. I sure was careful when I didn't know chit.

Experience make you too comfortable. I find that most of the injuries in my company happen to the people with the most experience.

davischevy 03-10-2022 12:23 PM

Boog, did you show her where it says "Bill if Sale" right on the back of the title?

I never heard of having to have both.

davischevy 03-10-2022 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stocker (Post 9049320)
Today I wrapped up our taxes and E-filed both Federal and State. Done until next year! :)

And then someone mentioned taxes and ruined my day. :lol::lol:

Boog 03-10-2022 01:03 PM

Larry I checked the Ar DMV website and find this info:

What You Need
What you need for Registration and Title:
Primary Document (Arkansas Title, Bill of Sale, Manufacturer Statement of Origin, Out of State Title)
Insurance Card
Federal Odometer Statement
You may need:
Personal Property Tax Number (PPAN) assigned from your county assessor
Lien Contract/Security Agreement
Current Year County Tax Assessment
Proof of paid tax receipt
Please make sure you have your primary documents and insurance card ready before starting this process. There will be information from these documents you will need to complete this process. If you are transferring a plate, registration must be current.

It appears to me they require either a cert of title or bill of sale or MSO but not all 3.
None the less two different ladies at the same office asked for a bos.
Could it be they actually just need the federal odometer statement part of a bos?
Which is required now.

FleetsidePaul 03-10-2022 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 9049718)
And then someone mentioned taxes and ruined my day. :lol::lol:

I hope that you did better than me Larry. I got nailed between property taxes. Federal, and State. Don't these people realize that I don't even have a job? :lol:

FleetsidePaul 03-10-2022 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9049736)
Larry I checked the Ar DMV website and find this info:

What You Need
What you need for Registration and Title:
Primary Document (Arkansas Title, Bill of Sale, Manufacturer Statement of Origin, Out of State Title)
Insurance Card
Federal Odometer Statement
You may need:
Personal Property Tax Number (PPAN) assigned from your county assessor
Lien Contract/Security Agreement
Current Year County Tax Assessment
Proof of paid tax receipt
Please make sure you have your primary documents and insurance card ready before starting this process. There will be information from these documents you will need to complete this process. If you are transferring a plate, registration must be current.

It appears to me they require either a cert of title or bill of sale or MSO but not all 3.
None the less two different ladies at the same office asked for a bos.
Could it be they actually just need the federal odometer statement part of a bos?
Which is required now.

Don't forget a stool sample. They're going to need that.

Steeveedee 03-10-2022 01:38 PM

^ Nope, they're already giving him that. :D

FleetsidePaul 03-11-2022 01:32 AM

I had the guy fix my HVAC. $1,100. My blower motor was wasted. Not too bad. I was quoted more. The motor was destroyed.

Then I had to take my 911 in for the dreaded smog check :( I was sure it would fail. I've barely driven it for 3 months. But I took it in anyway. WTH.
The chick at the counter asks me when was the last time I disconnected the battery. :confused:

I disconnect it all the time so the battery doesn't die. The car sits for long periods of time.

She says that would mess up some codes or something. :dohh: But they will check it. So I sit there for an hour and what do you know. It passed!:)

I pay them and leave happy....Get in my car. Turn the key...Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

They say they will jump start it. But there is one big problem. The battery is in the trunk and it is opened by a electrical switch. No power and it won't open. So much for German engineering. My dead battery is locked in the trunk.

So we jump it off the fuse box and pop the trunk. It turns out the battery cable was looser than my ex girlfriend after a few Margarita's. So we tighten it back up and I'm on my way.

It was a long day. :waah:

Dieselwrencher 03-11-2022 09:54 AM

At least it passed! I laughed at your old GF joke. :lol:

LT7A 03-11-2022 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9049754)
^ Nope, they're already giving him that. :D

:lol:

LT7A 03-11-2022 12:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9049743)
Don't forget a stool sample. They're going to need that.

??

1slo64 03-11-2022 02:54 PM

Listed my bronco for sale this morning and within a hour it looks like it is sold. Once the new owner comes and gets it I can finally move my GMC into the garage.

72c20customcamper 03-11-2022 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1slo64 (Post 9050108)
Listed my bronco for sale this morning and within a hour it looks like it is sold. Once the new owner comes and gets it I can finally move my GMC into the garage.

They sell quick . I've been looking but they are usually pretty pricey . I used to plow with my uncles . Real fun no ps and three on the tree .

72c20customcamper 03-11-2022 04:57 PM

Oh and what I did today. I Put the plow back on the Dodge and had to move my Envoy . The PS started growling and i got out to the front of it and PS fluid all over the gravel . Thought a line went but apon closer inspection the cooler on the bottom of the rad support was spewing out from the center . Got a GM one coming 186 bucks my cost and I'll bet it's made on the same line in China as the 89 dollar one .