The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay) (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Well guys I can finally say I am Pro Street (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=313884)

Garagedude 11-09-2008 08:42 PM

Well guys I can finally say I am Pro Street

I finally got a set of rims and tires today. As you might have read in other posts I bought Greg Weld Racing wheels for the front, of the truck and Mickey Thompson sportsman tires. I hadn't order the back yet, I wanted to get my new rear in and make sure I measured right. Well I call, Summit Racing and they didn't have the size I need in stock. So I call Greg Weld and it ends up they are back ordered for 2 months. So I ended up buying a set of Centerlines Pro Convos 15x15 with hooser tires 31x18.5. Eventually when Greg Weld rims come back in stock I am going to buy the rims, and put the Centerlines on something else. But the tires look sick under the truck its awesome.

So would I be considered Pro Street
I have a narrowed Posi rear
31x18.5 tires
7 inch wide tires in the front
Small block 350 bored and some tricks
Soon to come roll cage.

What exactly would the definition of pro street be? I don't want to call myself something I am not.

LuckyHenriksen 11-10-2008 01:17 AM

Re: Well guys I can finally say I am Pro Street

Post up some pictures of your new wheels/tires
I think your prostreet if you have huge rear tires, skinny front tires, loud exhaust, tubs, roll cage, lots of rake, huge tach, etc.... and cruise around like Joe Cool on Friday night. But you need to have some power to back it up. Do you?

djracer 11-10-2008 08:39 AM

Sounds pro street to me!

Garagedude 11-10-2008 08:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of the back, I have to get some more, pictures this weekend when I push the truck out of the garage. The pictures make those 18.5s look small.
I think I have enough power to back it up for right now.

Moostifer 11-12-2008 03:40 PM

if you can pass a track inspection easier than a state inspection, then I would say you have a pro street:lol:

Garagedude 11-13-2008 12:03 AM

Well considering my local drag strip doesn't even have an inspection, no joke, which is kinda scary, the track is really getto, and SC doesn't have state car inspections, which is also scary.

drag_72 11-20-2008 11:03 AM

u got any new pics? wats the truck look like? u havent posted any of the whole truck

Garagedude 11-20-2008 01:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Yeah here is a couple more pics. I still have allot of stuff to do you I have to put the other tub in, finish welding brackets on the rearend. Right now the wheels and tires I have on the back the offset isn't right the tires bulge about 2 inches but as soon as the Greg Welds come back in stock I will be able to get the right offset and fix that. I am going to probably do coil over suspension in the back to get the truck lower. I still have the put the fuel cell and pump in. Still have alot of work to do. But I have a month off of college for December through January so I will be really cracking down on it.

Garagedude 11-20-2008 01:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The motor is pretty much done the only thing I am going to change is I have a Holley carb and a 2inch spacer to go on it. But thats it I just put the blower style belt pulley system on it. I have been waiting to put the new rims on the front so they don't get scratched up.

scotts62 11-20-2008 07:50 PM

Cool man looking good :metal:

Garagedude 11-21-2008 08:33 AM

Thanks, I have been building this truck for about a year now December will be the year. In that year I have never driven it, so I am to the point that all I want to do is drive it.

djracer 11-21-2008 09:00 AM

Lookin good!

ton*loc 11-23-2008 04:35 PM

yea that picture from the back is sweet

Garagedude 11-23-2008 06:34 PM

Thanks guys. I can't wait to drive it, I am hoping it will draw some attention, it should be fun driving it. I have never driven anything like it.

hotrod 80 11-23-2008 07:53 PM

Yup , man you are livin' the pro street high life . :smoke:

drag_72 11-24-2008 10:09 AM

yah thays kinda where im at right now. all i want to do is drive the damn thing! lol how much is ur rearend narrowed? but see ur a couple steps ahead of me cuz i dont have paint, wheels or nuthin! lol man really does look good tho!

Garagedude 11-24-2008 01:56 PM

I want to say that this rear is about 4 inches narrower then a stock rear, but I am not positive I can't remember off the top of my head I will measure it when I get a chance. But with the 15x14 wheels with the 7 inch offset the tires will be tucked. Yeah I hear you I go out in the garage and start that small block up sometimes and all I want to do is drive it but as everybody knows here it takes alot of time and money to build these trucks.

Does anybody here have hot rod insurance? I have been looking into for the truck and for a good plan it was only like $230 for the year but you can't drive it more then 3000 miles, which I won't anyway. I am paying $1500 for the year little 99 hyundia, which is stupid. Sometimes this car insurance stuff really pisses me off the people at the place have no idea what they are talking about, I got a qoute from the same place the elentra is insured at and they want like $1300 to insure the truck.

Garagedude 11-24-2008 02:03 PM

Ow thats something I forgot to ask you guys. I am thinking about caging the truck this winter, and putting lexan windows in I have the lexan already cut for the backwindow. But my question is what is the best way to go about building the cage, buy one which I am having a hard time finding, or bending the tubing and making my own, when it comes to fabrication I am good at that I am in school for welding and have all the welding equipment at home, But my concern is making all of the notches in the pipe really clean and tight, I hate when you see cages, and they have filled a quater inch of weld in there, to me thats not really safe or professional looking. Also have any of you guys TIG welded your cages?

drag_72 11-24-2008 03:48 PM

yah man i here ya idk bout the insurance deal? its not that bad here? but good luck and it looks bada$$

Garagedude 11-24-2008 04:29 PM

Thanks man. Don't get me wrong insurance is a great thing to have, and I don't really mind paying it but what gets me mad is the reason my insurance is so high is because alot of people in SC don't have car insurance, if somebody hits me and they don't have car insurance they have another thing coming for them, you don't scr-w me. But hopefully nothing ever happens like that, and if it does I have a good lawyer at work so there won't be a problem.

ProStreet83C10 11-24-2008 07:46 PM

whats all done to the motor....

Garagedude 11-25-2008 12:00 AM

Its bored over .040, flat top pistons, it has a comp cam in it about .486 gross lift, 110 lobe separation, it is a pretty nasty street cam, I have a holley street dominator intake on it with right now an eldebrock carb but I have a 650 holley to go on it. The heads are really holding the motor back right now, they are 76cc heads, I have a friend that is buying a set of dart pro 1 and selling his old aluminum heads so I am going to buy them off him and put a set of roller rockers on them, I have started to collect part to build the 383 that I really want but that probably won't happen until summer.

drag_72 11-25-2008 11:53 AM

yah i hate ppl that dont have insurance! and yah i hear ya on the lawyer deal meeee too! lol well man good luck! keep me updated...how old are you again?

ProStreet83C10 11-25-2008 01:00 PM

he said at one point he was in college Codi....so id say 18-20

Garagedude 11-25-2008 10:24 PM

I am about to turn 17, yes I am in a community college, I am in still in high school but I am taking all my classes at college and getting credit for both, I have enough credits to graduate a year early but I am just going to take Auto cad and advanced stick welding, and tig welding, next year. It is a pretty busy schedule, I go to class in the morning from 8-1pm and then go to another class at 2-3 come home have dinner and leave for welding that goes from 6-11 at night but thankfully I only have that schedule Monday Wednesday Friday.