The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Progress on the '71 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=845852)

pontiacvince 07-08-2023 11:31 PM

Progress on the '71

2 Attachment(s)
I haven't been on in a while, but a few things have changed on the Suburban. I sent it to the body shop to get the rust on the rockers and front cab mounts done, as well as having extra holes welded up. I was so excited to get it back that I didn't check it over very closely.
Turns out, the guy lapped all the rocker panels with some of the old non-rusted metal instead of butt welding the joints. Everything was primed, but the panel alignment sucks. I was going to take it back in the Fall for the rear wheel well repairs. That ain't gonna happen now. I've taken it to a different, and MUCH better shop with a very good reputation, and much mo0re expensive, but I think they don't want to fix others screw-ups.
Oh, and I got the windows tinted. VERY happy with that....
I wanted to take it to a few shows this year, but I'm kind of embarrassed to show it with the ****ty body work.
Anyway, I'm just gonna enjoy putting miles on it this Summer until I find a GOOD body shop in the Fall....

HO455 07-09-2023 01:09 PM

Re: Progress on the '71

2 Attachment(s)
Flip for your nice Burban. Get out and put some miles on it and do the shows! You might get a lead on a good body shop from one.

pontiacvince 07-09-2023 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HO455 (Post 9218603)
Flip for your nice Burban. Get out and put some miles on it and do the shows! You might get a lead on a good body shop from one.

Thanks!

kev2809 07-15-2023 10:24 AM

I don't know about where you live at, but down here I never see our style burbs. . my body looks all gross and dont even have my hatch and tailgate on lol. I drive it around here and there and it gets TONS of looks and compliments, even with the doo doo body. even took it to a show a few weeks ago.

post up some more pics, it looks nice from where I'm sitting

pontiacvince 07-15-2023 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev2809 (Post 9220143)
I don't know about where you live at, but down here I never see our style burbs. . my body looks all gross and dont even have my hatch and tailgate on lol. I drive it around here and there and it gets TONS of looks and compliments, even with the doo doo body. even took it to a show a few weeks ago.

post up some more pics, it looks nice from where I'm sitting

I'm from Texas and I couldn't tell you the last time I saw a 3-door. When I was in Jr. High, my uncle in Lubbock used his '72 as a tow rig for his drag race car. I blame him for my cool Suburban addiction.....

pontiacvince 07-15-2023 04:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Just got the new grill installed.

FLYNAVY30 07-15-2023 05:14 PM

Grill turned out great! I daily my '72 in Austin regularly, though even the mighty Vintage Air cant keep that much volume cold this time of year.

3drburb 07-15-2023 08:42 PM

Looks pretty good from here. Enjoy the summer and hit up some shows or just cruise it and have fun turning down offers to buy, that will make you feel better.
Btw, the best project is a running driving one.
Nice!

FLYNAVY30 07-15-2023 09:31 PM

Thats a good point....I get weekly offers to buy mine. My standard response is "Everything is for sale, but not at a financially responsible price point." That usually wards off the tire kickers and low ballers.....I wouldn't sell mine regardless