The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Parts help needed (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=834733)

TC71C10 05-22-2022 10:45 AM

Parts help needed

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me locate a part.
I'm looking for the bushing that holds fresh air inlet door into cab under cowl. I have looked at many part suppliers with little to no luck. Images below show picture of white bushing under cowl.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...1&d=1255056067

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...1&d=1255056067

Thanks

randy.powell 05-26-2022 04:13 PM

Re: Parts help needed

Hey Brother! I keep those in a jar next to the hen's teeth ;)
Seriously, they are hard to find and no one makes them in the aftermarket world. I know, been there - done that!
You would have better luck posting a WTB parts section.
That's how I found the one for my truck.
Another possibility is if you have access to a 3D printer or know someone who does, you might be able to make one. Better yet, make a bunch of them and sell them.
One snag there is you have to have one to make them.
I have one I would LEND to you for the 3D process. If you are successful all I ask is the return of the one I lend you and a couple of the finished product.
Good luck in the hunt.
Randy

Sheepdip 05-26-2022 11:45 PM

I bought one in a used parts assembly from a guy, and it was almost toast, so I fired up the lathe and made one. They are simple to make.

jumpsoffrock 05-27-2022 01:20 AM

Lathe nothin; for those of us without lathes and in need of a small part like that, I'd go to the junkyard and find a slightly larger piece of plastic and simply make one using an angle grinder. It'd be crude but it'd be made of newer plastic and probably work fine.

IlludiumQ36 05-27-2022 07:42 PM

If someone could draw it up, I could easily print one.

Hatzman 05-28-2022 02:21 AM

I have an entire stock AC system from a 1970 C10. Ill go through the box tomorrow and see what I can find.

daddymoo2 05-28-2022 06:30 AM

I also have some. If you don’t have any luck send me a PM and I will get you hooked up. Don

May70 05-28-2022 09:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Are you talking about the white piece?

Make a drawing with the dimensions (you can just draw it by hand) and post it here.

TC71C10 06-05-2022 08:56 PM

Hey Brother! I keep those in a jar next to the hen's teeth
Seriously, they are hard to find and no one makes them in the aftermarket world. I know, been there - done that!
Another possibility is if you have access to a 3D printer or know someone who does, you might be able to make one. Better yet, make a bunch of them and sell them.
I have one I would LEND to you for the 3D process. If you are successful all I ask is the return of the one I lend you and a couple of the finished product.
Good luck in the hunt.
Randy
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ _____
Thanks for your help. If you could please send me pictures and possibly outside diameter of part as my son has a 3D printer. Thanks

May70 06-05-2022 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC71C10 (Post 9087735)
Hey Brother! I keep those in a jar next to the hen's teeth
Good luck in the hunt.
Randy
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ _____
Thanks for your help. If you could please send me pictures and possibly outside diameter of part as my son has a 3D printer. Thanks

Do you not have one at all to take off and measure? I don't have one to look at but if someone could post dimensions and pics I could see what I can do.

I have a 3d printer.