The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   For Sale: Billet Aluminum Dash Panels (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=252902)

Ryan Hubbard 08-07-2007 12:14 PM

For Sale: Billet Aluminum Dash Panels

3 Attachment(s)
I am selling some Billet Aluminum Dash panels for 68-72 Chevy Trucks or blazers. They are setup to take aftermarket gauges. I have several different setups now. I have the setup for the 5" Auto Meter gauges with the five 2 1/16" holes. I also have them with the two 5" holes and one 3 3/8" in the center and four 2 1/16". I am selling the dash panel for $275.00. I also have the Glove Box Door available for $175.00. These prices include UPS ground shipping. Any questions please post here or email me at ryan.hubbard@aspencontrols.com share it

luvmybowtiz 08-07-2007 12:40 PM

Re: For Sale: Billet Aluminum Dash Panels

Those are sweet. Can you polish them. Might get one in a month or so.

Ryan Hubbard 08-07-2007 12:42 PM

Yes you can polish them. I polished the outside of mine and had the inside powder coated. Mine is at the powder coater right now and I will post completed pics when I get it back.

Musclerodz 08-07-2007 01:38 PM

Can they be ordered with our choice of number of holes and sizes?

Mike

Ryan Hubbard 08-07-2007 04:18 PM

I could change the hole sizes and number of holes but it would cost more due to program changes. But it would be pretty minimal extra cost if you ordered a sizeable quantity (about 20). Let me know what you want I could give you an estimate.

toomanytoyz 08-07-2007 04:39 PM

Really Nice Job on The Insert, Any Plan's to do matching Glovebox ?

Rick

Orange 08-07-2007 04:52 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't most aftermarket gauges larger sizes 3-3/8 or 5"?

That's one my favorite aluminum panels that I have seen. Would like to know for sure on the large hole size, and what gauges are 4" if there are some.

Also, how they gauges mount up.

Looks great!

DLB

68GMCCustom 08-07-2007 05:05 PM

Very nice! How about pics of the back side?

67Fleet 08-07-2007 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange (Post 2297847)
Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't most aftermarket gauges larger sizes 3-3/8 or 5"?

That's one my favorite aluminum panels that I have seen. Would like to know for sure on the large hole size, and what gauges are 4" if there are some.

Also, how they gauges mount up.

Looks great!

DLB

I may be wrong on this one, but I think our stock smaller gauges (ex. fuel/oil press, etc.) are 3-3/8". Problem is that you just can't find aftermarket 3-3/8" fuel gauges any more. If you do, the guy wants your firstborn for it. The 2-1/16" size is probably a lot more readily attainable size from the bigger companies.

The gauge panel looks great, I especially like the milling around the gauge holes and the attention to detail on the lights/wipers areas.

Musclerodz 08-07-2007 05:27 PM

4" is an odd size as most the aftermarket guage companies I deal with that make the 5" guage that I prefer. I see now they are cast or forged and not CNC'd which would be easier to modify programming than dies.

Mike

Ryan Hubbard 08-07-2007 05:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
VDO carries 4" gauges and the 21/16 are the common size for all the smaller aftermarket gauges. I am running VDO vision series. But I can enlarge the hole for 5" gauges or shrink it down to 3 3/8". I just went off the gauges I ran in the original factory dash I modified for aftermarket gauges.

Here is the picture from the back and how the gagues are mounted. I do not clean up the machining marks on the back because it will never be seen once installed.

As far as a matching glove box, it has been suggested and right now I looking into it but it will be a while since my machine is loaded for another month or so.

manimal 08-07-2007 10:26 PM

That is the best dash I have seen yet. I will be ordering one next week if they are still available.
-Lance

68 short step 08-07-2007 10:52 PM

auto meter 5" guages mount in a 4 5/8 hole and 2 5/8 guages fit in a 2.609 hole.... id be instrested LMK on how much extra the charge will be..... also if you're instrested i have another simple prject for ya.... LMK if instrested i can pm ya a CAD drawing.

Ricks1971 08-08-2007 12:04 AM

SWEET! Ryan, what would be great if you made a glove box to match! Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe67 08-08-2007 09:24 AM

Very nice piece. Any pictures of one polished?

mr402 08-08-2007 10:20 AM

I am impressed. This is by far the best dash I've seen for our trucks. I'd be very interested in buying the dash and glove box as a matched set. I will need look into guage dimensions but am very interested.

Ryan Hubbard 08-08-2007 11:06 AM

Due to the interest, I went and got the dimensions for the Auto Meter gauges, both the 3 3/8" and 5"models. I can modify the program and run the dash in those sizes. I have the one dash that is pictured right now but I can run more but would like to do them in one run. I own the CNC mill but my main business is doing small run prototype parts and aerospace parts. I will try and get a glove box door done and post the results. But if you guys want to put together a group buy , he price for the dash is $275.00.

jkaylor68gmc 08-08-2007 11:30 AM

That is awesome, Hubbard, I sent you a PM

Simonstrucker 08-08-2007 12:32 PM

put me in line for one with the auto meter gages

67 cst swb 08-08-2007 01:02 PM

Ok, 'nother odd question?
Can these be ordered from you with no gauge holes drilled? Just the Bezel with mounting holes and headlight and wiper holes and emblems. I have a friend with a CNC machine, but it would be easier to just have him do the gauge holes instead of the complete bezel(he's kinda sssslllloooooowwww at getting things done) Also, I haven't decided on the gauges I'm using yet.

Musclerodz 08-08-2007 01:02 PM

Let me make a final determination on guages and then I will get back to you.

Mike

TonyJohnson 08-08-2007 02:52 PM

I gotta have one of those! Put me on the list. My preference would be 5" and 2 1/16". Autometer has a bunch of different Phantom gauges that would look awesome. If the current one is the easiest/cheapest to get, could you tell us the part numbers of the VDO gauges you used? They look great, as well.

Thanks for the great work,
Tony

meathead95 08-08-2007 04:54 PM

i could use two set up for the autometer guage sizes. do you take paypal?

LUV2XCLR8 08-08-2007 06:06 PM

Very sweet, but what if you are running a stock wiring system? I Might
sound dumb, but would you not have to splice in the wires for the turn
signals? Could you get them with out the 3 lil holes? (I'm guessing that
they are for Left, Right, and Highbeams) I know you have to splice for
all of those other guages too so it's really a moot point, but curious. I
have one more? If no indicater lights, what size guage could go in that
center section? Just looking at other possible guages for future mods :D

earl87gta 08-09-2007 05:37 AM

put me on the list for one. When it gets closer to odering let me know and Ill pm you the configuration I need.

Luv If you use 5in on the big hole anf 3 3/8 for the center hole you could get one of those quad gages with the fuel,volt, oil, and water on one of the 5in holes use the center 3 3/8 for the tach the other 5in for the speedo and that leavs four 2 1/16 holes for you bagged or boosted guys to use.