The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   How are people so easily upset? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=822924)

Breadstick 06-20-2021 11:15 AM

How are people so easily upset?

1 Attachment(s)
I'm selling a C10 I had previously and put the ad on Facebook marketplace. It has a clean title, runs and drives, and has lots of extra parts. I listed it for a VERY reasonable price and thus person came back with a no word offer, just the number which is half of the list price. As you can see by my reply, I think I was more courteous than her blunt offer deserved. She immediately got seemingly upset for no reason. It wasn't worth a response because the argument isn't beneficial, but how do you get so obnoxious out of the blue at a stranger because you don't get your way?

68bowtie 06-20-2021 11:23 AM

Re: How are people so easily upset?

All too common. I think people have really disconnected from humanity when on a computer.

Steeveedee 06-20-2021 12:19 PM

So true. I won't say something on the computer that I wouldn't say in person. But I see pencil-armed 14-year-olds with a real command of invective talking smack to people all the time on the internet. One could break 'em like a twig if they were there in person. :lol:

Joesjunk 06-20-2021 12:37 PM

I just delete crap like that. I pay no attention to people that can’t type correctly either.

tim_mc 06-20-2021 01:34 PM

That's a shame, and an example of how many (most?) people can't handle social media. In my experience, people that respond like that are 1) bored and 2) likely have no intention of buying in the first place.

Thankfully for me this forum is the extent of my online social world - and, this group is mostly positive and likes to help others!

Grumpy old man 06-20-2021 02:32 PM

I type just as I would talk if you were standing in my garage drinking a beer . I don't carry a phone in my pocket , I don't check emails on a daily basis, maybe weekly if that , I work on my own schedule , I don't hand out appreciation/ participation trophies . If my schedule doesn't work out for you , Oh well . Have a Coke and a smile . I'll say it , I'm sick of thin skinned poor me whinny supposedly grown men . It's not my job to worry about how you feel . If you want to talk about trucks and parts and such , Great ! If you need someone to pet your feelings call a psychiatrist . :smoke:

CG 06-20-2021 02:46 PM

I don't know if that's Facebook ad you have or something else. I do know that someone here posted a link to a truck for sale via Facebook and somehow I was able to see the truck and all the comments (I'm not a Facebooker) that went along with the sale. Seems like you usually have to log in to see the extra stuff.

For the life of me after seeing that I cannot understand the ridiculous migration from this excellent truck community, 67-72chevytrucks.com to Facebook.

54blackhornet 06-20-2021 03:55 PM

FBook blows ! I don’t give a $&#@ about what you are doing in the bathroom, nor do I want you to know what I’m doing ever moment. This type of garbage is killing our society...:metal:

MikeB 06-20-2021 04:06 PM

https://pics.me.me/i-fear-the-day-th...n-11232176.png

ohboy321 06-20-2021 04:26 PM

Fakebook is all about canceling people who have different political views, and I would hope that many here know the several subjects that will get you canceled in a heartbeat. Twitter, Youtube, FB, either one (and others) will cancel you in a second if those subjects are mentioned.

My point is that many people are leaving those platforms because of it and the makeup of the user base is going to change.

89AKurt 06-20-2021 04:30 PM

I waste too much time on Fascistbook, and tired of getting restricted for telling the truth. Based on the horrid grammar, not even worth having a conversation with such an idiot. They don't deserve your truck.
But I did acquire mine via Marketplace, without drama.

67C10Step 06-20-2021 07:02 PM

My wife and I were on Facebook about six months and deleted our account. I miss the marketplace but not one other thing about it. I stopped and looked at our ‘friends’ list and told my wife I didn’t have the personal number for most and would not have dinner with most on that list as well. So, they were not my friend and I have no need to be popular at my age.
Too many idiots with keyboard muscles. I’m also one of those that would never type something that I would not say to your face. I don’t have thin skin so I’ve been known to be curt in person but only to the deserving.
We have a generation that lacks the most basic social skills and they get offended easily. Not a good combination.

yuccales 06-20-2021 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breadstick (Post 8934468)
but how do you get so obnoxious out of the blue at a stranger because you don't get your way?

She did not get her way.

jocko 06-20-2021 09:10 PM

water off a truck’s back :)

VWNate1 06-20-2021 09:19 PM

Sad but true .

:waah:

LockDoc 06-20-2021 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67C10Step (Post 8934624)
My wife and I were on Facebook about six months and deleted our account. I miss the marketplace but not one other thing about it. I stopped and looked at our ‘friends’ list and told my wife I didn’t have the personal number for most and would not have dinner with most on that list as well. So, they were not my friend and I have no need to be popular at my age.
Too many idiots with keyboard muscles. I’m also one of those that would never type something that I would not say to your face. I don’t have thin skin so I’ve been known to be curt in person but only to the deserving.
We have a generation that lacks the most basic social skills and they get offended easily. Not a good combination.

I have a Facebook account but I have EVERYTHING turned off. No friends, no likes, and no messages unless I initiate them. No nothing, but I can still look through marketplace. I joined one local for sale group that I look at from time to time.

Works for me.

LockDoc

Steeveedee 06-20-2021 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocko (Post 8934657)
water off a truck’s back :)

:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 8934667)
I have a Facebook account but I have EVERYTHING turned off. No friends, no likes, and no messages unless I initiate them. No nothing, but I can still look through marketplace. I joined one local for sale group that I look at from time to time.

Works for me.

LockDoc

I joined FB last year only to sign up to attend my 50th HS class reunion. I went to my 20th, but then life just got hectic. As I "friend" people, I have to go in and tighten down the screws on all the information I (and they) see. That junk can get out of hand really fast.

MikeB 06-21-2021 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohboy321 (Post 8934567)
Fakebook is all about canceling people who have different political views, and I would hope that many here know the several subjects that will get you canceled in a heartbeat.

FB didn't post three of my comments and cancelled me for a day. In two comments I used the word "kill", as in EVs someday killing gas and diesel powered vehicles. In another post I said self-driving vehicles could kill people. FB said they cancelled me for 24 hours because I was condoning violence!

In a third post I posted a link to a pellet gun saying I would use it on squirrels trying to get into my attic. (Did not say the word "kill" this time.) The Crosman guns are all over the Internet and sold by dozen of retailers like Wal-Mart and Cabellas. Never mind though, I was advocating violence!

This was probably ultra-leftist Berkeley grads making these decisions, along with a Stupid AI that doesn't understand context. If I didn't have grandkids I'd say I hope those idealists idiots get exactly what they want. One ruling class party with no dissention allowed, under penalty of imprisonment or death.

67ChevyRedneck 06-21-2021 11:17 AM

:lol:

The level of intelligence provided within the written word is enough for me to not worry about it... probably didn't have the $ anyway.

My wife tried to sell some baby stuff on marketplace. Nice stuff. $$$ swings, etc. Our house is smoke free and little guy is a surprisingly clean baby. Most of the stuff looked like it was just pulled out of the box. We put most of it at about 30% of new. The responses my wife was getting... can you bring it to my house and all the other weird ****, we pulled all of the ads and sold everything to a cosignment shop.

joedoh 06-21-2021 11:26 AM

well firstly, "she" is probably a "he" and no i am not assigning pronouns, a lot of older people scab on their wives/girlfriends account to shop marketplace. some blend the names like "tonyandjudy whippersnapper" but most just use their wifes account.

second, people like that dont have the money even if the truck was better for half the price. my friend used to say "low prices just get you low price shoppers". totally not worth trying to give someone a deal any more, or doing your research and trying to price things fairly. instead I find out what other similar stuff is asking for price, set my price the same, and the first guy who actually shows up (because even if you say "ok" they may not show up) with half the money takes it home. usually the half price is more than i wanted anyway. they think they are getting a great deal, i move my stuff. win win.

WorkinLonghorn 06-21-2021 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeB (Post 8934561)

According to Snopes, this is not a quote from Einstein.

"https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/einstein-technology-quote/

"The thing is, as best we can tell the quote is a fabrication, and one of quite recent origin, at that. Not only is evidence lacking that Einstein said or wrote anything of the kind, but apparently no published instances of this quote appeared prior to 2012"

MikeB 06-21-2021 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorkinLonghorn (Post 8934828)

But I found it on the Internet, so it must be true!

At least it's applicable. Kids and even adults spending several hours a day staring at tiny screens and texting instead of talking to each other.

Grumpy old man 06-21-2021 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeB (Post 8934831)

At least it's applicable. Kids and even adults spending several hours a day staring at tiny screens and texting instead of talking to each other.

My kids used to text me multiple times a day until I started sending this text back to them .

This # does not support text messages dial 865-555-1212 for voice contact only . :lol:

My daughter asked if I needed a new phone and I said sure so she sent me one and I still sent her the same message back . :lol:

she replied : SOAB !

Palf70Step 06-21-2021 12:22 PM

:agree:

I like that!

joedoh 06-21-2021 12:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by WorkinLonghorn (Post 8934828)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeB (Post 8934831)

haha