The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Buick bringing back the Wildcat (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=835052)

72c20customcamper 06-02-2022 06:32 PM

Buick bringing back the Wildcat

1 Attachment(s)
Other than it being an EV I like it . Suppose to be on the market 2024 sure it will be pricey

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a4...at-ev-concept/

Boog 06-02-2022 06:41 PM

Re: Buick bringing back the Wildcat

The news today said Buick is going ALL EV in the next 2 years.

72c20customcamper 06-02-2022 07:02 PM

The article I posted said that too

57taskforce 06-02-2022 07:05 PM

I bet the 7th Gen Camaro is based off the same or similar platform before it’s all said and done.

The fist paragraph of that article says the wildcat is a concept only and won’t be built.

72c20customcamper 06-02-2022 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57taskforce (Post 9086509)
I bet the 7th Gen Camaro is based off the same or similar platform before it’s all said and done.

The fist paragraph of that article says the wildcat is a concept only and won’t be built.

I missed that

Tom 06-03-2022 05:18 PM

Audi R8+ camaro= this buick. I like it actually, but have zero interest in electric.

LONGHAIR 06-03-2022 05:53 PM

At least it's not an SUV

davischevy 06-03-2022 06:15 PM

I think it's kinda cool. I don't have any interest in EV.

FleetsidePaul 06-03-2022 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LONGHAIR (Post 9086908)
At least it's not an SUV

Amen to that. That Mustang thing was a disgrace to the name. Worse than the Mustang II.

But we have to face it, Electric cars aren't going away. That's why I own stock in Tesla. Gotta turn lemons into lemonade.

davischevy 06-03-2022 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9086920)
Amen to that. That Mustang thing was a disgrace to the name. Worse than the Mustang II.

But we have to face it, Electric cars aren't going away. That's why I own stock in Tesla. Gotta turn lemons into lemonade.

I don't want an EV, but I too bought Tesla stock. It's done pretty well.

FleetsidePaul 06-03-2022 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 9086976)
I don't want an EV, but I too bought Tesla stock. It's done pretty well.

So has mine. I thought about getting a Tesla just because they're fast. But they're just too plain and ugly in my opinion. Not my thing.

special-K 06-04-2022 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9086980)
So has mine. I thought about getting a Tesla just because they're fast. But they're just too plain and ugly in my opinion. Not my thing.

Don't be so concerned about their look. Buying a Tesla makes you a better person :ito:

LONGHAIR 06-04-2022 08:27 AM

I realize that we, as a society, have to go through things to get to the anticipated end. Technology is a process that evolves, you don't get the benefit instantly. Having said that, let's just admit it and stop with the gaslighting!
I have no problem with the concept of electric vehicles, just don't try to BS me into the idea that they are "zero emissions". The actual use of the car may indeed be 100% clean (emission free), but the process of building the damn thing sure isn't. Even if you could ignore the disposal of the byproducts at the end of its life, the mining and manufacturing of the raw materials to make it happen are horrible. Plus, you can't actually ignore that first part. "Someday" they technology may be there to recycle that stuff indefinitely, but it's not here yet. That "someday" will probably get us to a far better battery (power storage device), but again that is not today. So just admit that the early adopters are simply financing that experiment and that it is an experiment. You also still have to charge it somehow. If the electricity needed to do that is still generated by burning carbon-based fuels, you have just traded to dirty gasoline car (that makes its mess directly) for the EV that is indeed clean at the point of use, but that mess is generated somewhere else.
The equivalence of these pollutants can be debated, but the difference cannot be huge either way, so what's the point?

Energy density and charging locations are still too limiting for general consumer acceptance too. Put simply, it's just too much work for everyday transportation, as a primary vehicle.

Then you have power problems in general. I have heard the early warnings about rolling blackouts over the summer, because of the already higher demand. So, how do the "let 'em eat cake" crowd think that is supposed to work? Let fuel prices spike to encourage the use of EVs, yet we don't have adequate power or at least the transmission of that power, to drive them.

So, you have a blackout at home and you can't even leave because the car is dead too? Yeah, sell me that... or maybe two of them

I forgot the Mustang part. Yuck! Build another SUV, whatever.... but don't ruin the Mustang name. It is NOT a Mustang. Just Stop.

1slo64 06-04-2022 08:45 AM

Buick isn't going to produce this concept from what I've read. They will supposedly take design concepts from it to implement into their EV crossovers when they come out in 2024.

LONGHAIR 06-04-2022 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1slo64 (Post 9087093)
Buick isn't going to produce this concept from what I've read. They will supposedly take design concepts from it to implement into their EV crossovers when they come out in 2024.

Yeah, concept cars never seem to make it to reality. Sometimes you can actually see the influence from them in later production cars, with most of the cool knocked off, other times not so much.
They seem to still keep wasting millions on making them though?

dave6672 06-06-2022 08:09 AM

No ventiports?

72c20customcamper 06-06-2022 10:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dave6672 (Post 9087938)
No ventiports?

There are ports or just some faux ones and in the wrong place :lol:

Tom 06-08-2022 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9086980)
So has mine. I thought about getting a Tesla just because they're fast.

Its the most boring, uneventful fast you'll ever experience.

FleetsidePaul 06-08-2022 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 9088684)
Its the most boring, uneventful fast you'll ever experience.

How can fast be boring and uneventful? Unless you're a woman in bed with me.

special-K 06-09-2022 06:22 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dave6672 (Post 9087938)
No ventiports?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9087969)
There are ports or just some faux ones and in the wrong place :lol:

Nope, no ventiports on this Buick. Just a stylized Buick shield for a hood insignia.

Here are some of my concepts for electric Buicks. Why not? We started downsizing cars and taking away their style in the name of better MPGs and less emissions. with electric those concerns are out the door. Let's get back to doing what we did best

special-K 08-01-2022 08:39 AM

3 Attachment(s)
These would have been cool. '02 Cadillac Cien (concept)

72c20customcamper 08-01-2022 09:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I see that car in the CTS not as radical but the design elements are there

special-K 08-01-2022 09:38 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Distinctively Cadillac. How about this one? '03 Cadillac Sixteen. Yep, V16

Warrens69GMC 08-01-2022 09:57 AM

Is it me, but I'm tired of the Ford Fusin-esk grill styles. Much rather see the Cadillac style grill treatment.

Boog 08-01-2022 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9107936)
Distinctively Cadillac. How about this one? '03 Cadillac Sixteen. Yep, V16

I've never seen that one. It's not my thang but I do admire it for sure. ;)