The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Hole above mirror (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=834466)

nightmare 05-14-2022 10:13 PM

Hole above mirror

1 Attachment(s)
Trying to figure out what this threaded hole is for above the mirror. The previous owner had a short wood screw in there. Any ideas?

Bigzack 05-15-2022 06:06 PM

Re: Hole above mirror

my dad had an older 67 Burban had a spot light exactly in that spot , but the later 72 didn't, might have been an option

Beach-Burban 05-15-2022 06:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by nightmare (Post 9079143)
Trying to figure out what this threaded hole is for above the mirror. The previous owner had a short wood screw in there. Any ideas?

No clue...I've asked this question before and didn't find anyone who knew??? Mine ('72 Suburban) has a phillips-head machine screw that has factory paint covering the head and underneath it as well...so I'm pretty sure it's original. In my picture, the rectangle area with the small hole (above the hole in question) was where a tiny compass was double-stick-taped and screwed in place.

Woody

Attachment 2191851

Bmdully 05-15-2022 08:43 PM

I have a cowboy hay holder in that location. No help on the threaded hole, though. The hat does cover a hole in the headliner quite nicely.

Bmdully 05-15-2022 08:56 PM

I have a cowboy hay holder in that location. No help on the threaded hole, though. The hat does cover a hole in the headliner quite nicely.

nightmare 05-16-2022 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigzack (Post 9079423)
my dad had an older 67 Burban had a spot light exactly in that spot , but the later 72 didn't, might have been an option

Interesting. There's nothing on the SPID about it, and I thought the spotlights would have been through the A pillar. Learned something new

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beach-Burban (Post 9079433)
No clue...I've asked this question before and didn't find anyone who knew??? Mine ('72 Suburban) has a phillips-head machine screw that has factory paint covering the head and underneath it as well...so I'm pretty sure it's original. In my picture, the rectangle area with the small hole (above the hole in question) was where a tiny compass was double-stick-taped and screwed in place.

Woody

Yeah, I've looked around but haven't seen anything bolted to the location on any of the pics I've seen. Since I switched the hatch arms over to shocks, the screws that held the arms on are the same thread, so I screwed one in there. Looks like it is supposed to be there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmdully (Post 9079466)

I could probably find something to mount there, but I'm adding a factory headliner so I don't want to have anything in the way just yet.

HO455 05-16-2022 09:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I used mine for this.

CG 05-18-2022 08:07 PM

My 72 burbs not at my house other wise I would go pop out the screw and see. I wonder if its a long one and has something do do with the part of the head liner board that's tucked up out of sight?

CG 06-15-2022 09:18 PM

I looked at mine today and the screw is there but it has what looks to be a tac weld on the edge. Its painted body color, weld and all.