The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Anyone own a chevy Avalanche? Opinions? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=233600)

Eyegore 03-28-2007 02:30 PM

Anyone own a chevy Avalanche? Opinions?

I'm getting ready to buy another vehicle, my burb has 157k miles on it and I'm looking at avalanches and tahoes, and wanted opinions good or bad.

Thank you

67ChevyRedneck 03-28-2007 03:03 PM

Re: Anyone own a chevy Avalanche? Opinions?

2 guys are work own tahoes, a 03 and 04 and my boss drives an 06 burb. They all love em. I don't know anyone who owns an avalanche, but I think the 07's looks awesome. If they're anything like my Z71 (which they should be) I think they're great vehicles.

Old Dave 03-28-2007 03:06 PM

I don't care for the looks of the body armour on the older ones but they're sure nice vehicles.

bobthecop 03-28-2007 03:08 PM

Stay away from 07 model year, my wife works at a chevy dealer as a service advisor. They have had serious problems with the 07's. Engine replacements, transmissions going out, and this is on enough of the vehicles that she would not buy one. Part of the reason is disgruntled employees at GM closing plants. BTW unless you keep the drain holes clear, they will leak inside the vehicle.

chevybill 03-29-2007 12:03 PM

A friend of mine has an Avalanche, I think its a 2005 with less than 50,000 miles he really likes it. I have ridden in the back seat and did not have any leg room. The front seat was all the way back and I am 6ft1in, so I had to sit sideways across the back seat.

FarmTruk 03-29-2007 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobthecop (Post 2097640)
Stay away from 07 model year, my wife works at a chevy dealer as a service advisor. They have had serious problems with the 07's. Engine replacements, transmissions going out, and this is on enough of the vehicles that she would not buy one. Part of the reason is disgruntled employees at GM closing plants. BTW unless you keep the drain holes clear, they will leak inside the vehicle.

Wouldn't that also affect other GM trucks? Not just the Avalanche?

My best friend bought a new one in 2001 (4x4), and he loves it. It is a compromise between a SUV and a true pick-up. Better ride and handling than a pick-up. More room for dirty cargo than an SUV.

He mostly carries camping supplies, his Harley, and/or his 2 golden retrievers in the bed. If you need to carry cargo, but do not need the capacity of a pick-up, the Avie's are a good choice. I like the new body style MUCH better. I always pick on my buddy, telling him that his 2002 is ugly.

Joe67 03-29-2007 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobthecop (Post 2097640)

This is the first I've heard of any widespread issues like what you have described and I know quite a few people driving new GMT900 SUVs inlcuding my father :cool:

jamie72 03-30-2007 10:18 PM

we got a 03 avy we really like it..

weav1 03-31-2007 05:14 PM

My Wife Drives An 04 Avi It Is A Great Truck As Far As Being A Crew Cab And A Bed That Is Completely Sealed They Ride Great With The Coils In The Rear But If U Want To Tow Any Thing U Better Get The 2500 With A 6.0 Ours Has The 5.3 And I Thought It Was Going To Blow Pulling The Boat And Its Only 5000 Pounds