The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Does your girlfriend/wife/whatever love your truck? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=15236)

Project1970 06-11-2002 03:49 AM

Does your girlfriend/wife/whatever love your truck?

Mine does. :D

Dan69 step 06-11-2002 06:14 AM

I've been married for 16 1/2 years now, and my wife actually is encouraging to restore either the 69 step again or street rod the 49 1/2 ton Studebaker.Would like to do the Stude first so I can do a ground up on the 69.I Love her!!

DR67 06-11-2002 06:46 AM

My wife thinks our truck is pretty cool, yesterday we stopped by the local hot rod shop to get a part,& she picked up some chrome goodies for the engine. (life is good)

DR67

mikep 06-11-2002 07:17 AM

How come theres no option for ...

"Absolutely hates it . Wouldnt get caught dead riding in it. Keeps trying to get me to buy a new truck. Have to hide every dime spent on it."

Then I could vote too.

She has other redeeming qualities so I can't ***** too much.

70c10 06-11-2002 07:38 AM

Sounds like me and Mikep are married to the same woman!

JIMs70GMC 06-11-2002 07:49 AM

Have to agree with mikep. My wife only liked my truck because it was one color and looked better than my previous truck, which I decline to name for fear of retaliation.

XXL 06-11-2002 08:01 AM

Choice 5 is missing... "She gives me daily reminders on how much she hates it and has only ridden in it once in the 2 years that I've owned it and gave me hell on the entire 45 minute drive"

Add that one to the poll selections and chalk me down for it :(

Kenneth

XXL 06-11-2002 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 70c10
Sounds like me and Mikep are married to the same woman!
Me too. That might explain why the house is such a mess... she's out jumping from husband to husband and doesn't have time to clean.

{BTW, all you chauvanist police out there, in my family, I bring home the paycheck and my wife is assigned to the domestic work. It's not a man/woman thing... it's just how it was laid out since I happen to be able to earn more in my field.]

Kenneth

timamin 06-11-2002 08:35 AM

If a girl doesn't like my truck then she doesn't need to be going out with me :-D. I have only had 1 gf that didn't like it. I have multiple trucks but that is the one I actually like to drive. I had 1 gf that actually wanted to drive it :p

TheMattMan 06-11-2002 08:57 AM

Mine just keeps asking " Now explain to me again why you are trying to make a 5000 pound truck fast? And why don't you put your engine in my Vette."

useRc10 06-11-2002 09:02 AM

My girlfriend likes my truck and blazer...she likes it when i ride through the local parking lot hangout and rev the engine to get attention...she actually got upset when i considered selling the blazer to get a chevelle or nova (the blazer is a rust bucket hoopdy)
-Nick

dubie 06-11-2002 09:29 AM

My wife enjoys working on the 72 so much, that she wants to start hunting for a 68 short step for herself. So as soon as the 72 is finished this summer, I will be on the search. She wasn't into these trucks for the longest time. Always told me " why don't you pick something else to fix up, everyone and their dog has a truck like this" But now, she can hardly wait to get to work on the beast. LIFE IS GOOD!!!! She is also a member here now, dubie_72

Smooth68 06-11-2002 09:54 AM

:( She refers to it as the "Hooptie"...snif, snif...

BADA$$69 06-11-2002 12:09 PM

The day I brought mine home my wife laughed at me as I pulled in the driveway. She said she wouldnt be caught dead in it. Well, at least she'll ride in it now.

71Blazer 06-11-2002 12:30 PM

She loves it! In fact she convinced me that the K5 really should be fuel injected.:cool:
TPI... WAHOOOOO!

Big69C20 Toy 06-11-2002 12:38 PM

Mine likes it, definately enjoys how i look in it. The ride is a li'l rough but she's used to smooth li'l cars. She's afraid to drive it cuz it's so big and such but eventually i'll let her. If she crashes it tho.... she knows it's over ;) Her only gripe is i spend more time and money with it than her. I tell her well that's cuz i had the truck first and he's my baby boy... :D She knows my head turns at these trucks so when we're talking and i turn sharply she's learned to stop talking and wait till i'm looking at her again to resume.

Women sure are observant sometimes :)

crew70 06-11-2002 12:50 PM

my wife likes it. she wants to pull her horses with it. hopfully she will use the trailer??

bouncytruck 06-11-2002 01:06 PM

My wife love the truck. She is the one that named it "Bouncytruck." Now, she tells me about every Blazer she sees on the road and how it rates next to mine! Her only complaint is that she wants me to install steps so she can get into it easier.

Longhorn Man 06-11-2002 01:25 PM

My wife kinda likes these trucks...just neither of the ones sittin here. She absolutly loved the old Longhorn.
She has no other redeeming qualities, and I wouldn't be suprised if she is jumping from house to house while I am at work. ;)

kirsten 06-11-2002 01:28 PM

Well, theres no space for b/f or hubby on there, but I think I've only dated one guy who thought my truck was cool.... maybe that's why I'm single... any man who drives a car is suspicious :D If you can't spend your money on gas for your baby- what the heck are you doing with it?? LOL

XXL you don;t have to explain yourself- we tease all teh time in here!

SWINGSAX68 06-11-2002 01:45 PM

My girl

Well,
I have been in a relationship for two years with this great girl. Does she like my truck??????HMMMMMMMMM.............
:bowtie: SHE'S GOT A 63!!Her dad has a 63, 95 GMC, her mom has an 4x4 87 blazer, her sister has a 2002 silverado!!!!!!!!:bowtie:
She intends to keep her 63 forever too!!! Her dad fixed both 63's up.....man about ten years ago (from pics) hers was like almost show quality.....no custom stuff just extra chrome here and there. She wants to paint it and get the original bumper and find the side emblems after college....cool huh? She wants a '57 Belair too.

I think she likes my truck, actually she gets excited when she thinks how nice it will look when it's finished. I contemplated gettin a fleetside bed for it (SWB), but she said, NO, STEPS ARE COOL!!!
When I was looking to buy she was always looking for me too.
She even called me from a restauraunt when she found a yellow 72 that was for sale......but I wanted a 68...ha ha. She's great!!!! :flag: GO USA IN FIFA WORLD CUP!!!!!!!!:flag:

mt Al 06-11-2002 03:22 PM

I've had my truck since before we were married (married 12 years, owned truck 14). She loves to haul the kids around in it, haul stuff to the dump, get landscaping stuff.

I'm blessed!

68ChevC10 06-11-2002 03:39 PM

My GF likes mine. Says it's manly.

*puffs chest*

:bowtie:

68ChevC10

Dave67 06-11-2002 04:11 PM

She likes mine now, but hated it when it was a rust bucket. only rode in it one time, before the restoration. Now that it has buckets, she can't ride, because of the kiddo.
The thing she likes the most, however, is that she knows I'm in the garage, instead of the bars!:bowtie: :bowtie: :bowtie:

Wasted Income 06-11-2002 08:00 PM

I love her....

My girl and I have been toghether for 4-1/2 years. She HAS to like my truck (the 69), because it was with me before she was! In fact, she claims that it was the truck that drew her to me.:cool:

She does roll her eyes occasionally when she finds out that I've poured "MORE MONEY?!?" into my trucks.

Her response to the '67s homecoming was a sort of blank stare followed by the rhetorical question......."I'm never getting a ring, am I?"

Like my 13 year old brother said when I was looking at rings..."$3000!!!!!!!???????? That's a blower!!!!!"

Smart kid:D