The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Yesterday’s score (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=822916)

custom10nut 06-20-2021 08:22 AM

Yesterday’s score

1 Attachment(s)
I went to the Pull a Part yesterday, (first time since last summer) and found everything I was lookin for…
I scored the door gaskets out of a 2010 Honda Civic, and a Rear Sway Bar from a 95 Pathfinder, and as I was sitting on the ground helping another guy, who didn’t bring any tools (who does that?) I found a cable operated spare tire holder, so I it too.:metal:
Another bonus was an emissions part for my daughter’s car.
So overall it was a great day:chevy:

Getter-Done 06-20-2021 09:36 AM

Re: Yesterday’s score

Nice score.
I have the I don't have any tools thing a-lot;)

custom10nut 06-20-2021 04:00 PM

Yep, and I immediately respond with “ I won’t loan you my tools, but I’ll help you get your part off”.
I don’t even loan tools out of my garage to my friends. Either they come to me, or I go to them.:smoke:

jumpsoffrock 06-20-2021 04:19 PM

Off topic rant warning

Quote:

Originally Posted by custom10nut (Post 8934558)
I don’t even loan tools out of my garage to my friends. Either they come to me, or I go to them.:smoke:

I don't like bashing people who I call my friends or family, but it doesn't matter who they are, I have learned that there's typically a reason why they don't have tools. And that's the same reason why I don't loan them mine.

My best friend growing up has a stepdad with a fair bit of tools that he never used, they just sat...much of it is Snap On. I would get burnt when he'd tell me that he couldn't even take them to someones house for the day(not mine personally) to do some work.

...until I grew up and bought my own.

lil hoodlum 06-21-2021 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpsoffrock (Post 8934565)
Off topic rant warning

I don't like bashing people who I call my friends or family, but it doesn't matter who they are, I have learned that there's typically a reason why they don't have tools. And that's the same reason why I don't loan them mine.

My best friend growing up has a stepdad with a fair bit of tools that he never used, they just sat...much of it is Snap On. I would get burnt when he'd tell me that he couldn't even take them to someones house for the day(not mine personally) to do some work.

My dad has a garage full of tools and when I was a kid and would use his tools, he wasn't all too happy about it. So in around six grade for Christmas one year, I got my own tool box and Craftsman tools of my own to use. Still have the tool box and most of the tools to this day.

custom10nut 06-21-2021 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpsoffrock (Post 8934565)
Off topic rant warning

Oh, it’s not Bashing if it’s the truth.
Before I stopped loaning tools, a LONG time ago, it would irritate me to no end when I’d have to arrange a time to go retrieve MY tools,
Or finding out they were getting used “not for their intended purposes (I.E. Adjustable wrench used like a hammer, or a screwdriver used as a chisel or pry bar, and the worst was “Oh man, your tool broke, so I had to buy you a new one, and have them “replace” a Craftsman, Mac, or Snap-on with HF or Flea market specials.
Then I was the AH for not loaning tools anymore.:smoke:

Caddylackn 06-21-2021 05:16 PM

I don't loan tools any more at the U-pulls. Once I had to run somebody down to get it back and the other time she fled without me seeing her. If somebody wants to borrow a tool at the junkyard they can buy it off me for the new price replacement rate. I may buy it back when they are done with it if they don't screw it up. Just like at Autozone.

Last time at the junkyard I got me door seals from a 2002 Chrysler Mini-van for $5 each, since they were out of the later model Hondas. The 2002 Mini-van door seals were a perfect fit. They snapped in tight and even had wire reinforcement. I did trim the inner inside seal off with a razor knife since the inner door seal was designed to go over the interior plastic pieces.

Accelo 06-22-2021 12:38 PM

I lent out my SnapOn torque wrench. He used it for a breaker bar!
He did step up and pay for the repair. Came back from SnapOn with a sticker on it. "Don't use as a breaker bar."

gmc684x4 06-22-2021 01:59 PM

Rofl i did that to my own 1/2 torque wrench in a bind blew a tire on my skin steer good thing it was a cheap Canadian tire one

body bolt 06-22-2021 02:16 PM

My neighbor asked to borrow my pressure washer and I obliged. This was on a Friday. Fast forward to the following weekend, I needed it, they hadn't returned it so I went to get it. They had left town for the weekend. They were back on Sunday, said they hadn't yet used it and would like to borrow it again. I didn't say anything, took the washer and left.

custom10nut 06-23-2021 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by body bolt (Post 8935394)
My neighbor asked to borrow my pressure washer and I obliged. This was on a Friday. Fast forward to the following weekend, I needed it, they hadn't returned it so I went to get it. They had left town for the weekend. They were back on Sunday, said they hadn't yet used it and would like to borrow it again. I didn't say anything, took the washer and left.

I’ve had that happen too.:smoke: