The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=212)
-   -   i am new here!!! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=454033)

eggzNgritz 03-19-2011 09:17 PM

My 69 Suburban....i am new here!!!

4 Attachment(s)
hello everyone! i have been reading these threads for a while. (okay a few months).. but anyways, i had a chance to buy an 78 4x4 burban or a 69 burban 2wd.. after reading threads and watching builds i ended up with the 69 for $1100. i was driving it every day until today. it has a 355(orginal motor) with a moon cam, roller rockers, rebuilt heads with stainless steel something.. nothing special.. LOL!! it has one small rust spot on the lower driver side rear quarter because he said he didnt know about the drain plug. then there was a small amount of bondo on the hood. other than that it is fine. so today i decided to take the hood off because i have a friend willing to sale me a hood with no dents or dings for $80. is that a good deal?? well while i was taking the hood off something crazy came over me and i said to my self "why not take this thing all the way to the frame" is that a good idea??? it may seem crazy but i really need someone to answer that last question!!

Flint70step 03-20-2011 01:16 AM

Re: i am new here!!!

You have chosen...... wisely

Heavy Evy 03-20-2011 11:47 AM

take it to the frame if you have the means and the money but be warned it is pain! nice burb by the way and welcome to the board.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

jbclassix 03-20-2011 12:38 PM

take it to the frame, poor blood, money, sweat, money, tears, money, and time into it and take lots of pics! Your truck is awesome!

Beelzeburb 03-20-2011 03:20 PM

How well do you know yourself? Do you think you can spend years on one project if need be (without getting frustrated and giving up halfway through)? Do you have the necessary space to house all the parts as well as the body and frame separate from each other? Are you prepared to invest 2-3x as much money as you think it might cost? Then welcome aboard!
Depending on your skills, experience and the amount of time you can dedicate to it on a regular basis, it could be a relatively quick turnaround, or you could change your mind a few dozen times in the middle, encounter problems you never anticipated, have any number of events happen in your personal life to delay you working on the Suburban and it could potentially drag out for years with neighbors complaining about your yard decorations. It all really depends on the person, the circumstances and plenty of perserverance.
Best of luck whatever you decide to do though.

eggzNgritz 03-20-2011 04:10 PM

5 Attachment(s)
thanks fellas..really!! i need all the motivation i can get. i mean the burban runs awesome. you can hear me coming(thanks to dual exhaust) it sounds like a chopper.. seriously. i may go with something more toned down. these pipes set off alarms before i even approach the vehicle.. LOL!! here are more pics..i am "starting" the process..

eggzNgritz 03-20-2011 04:19 PM

3 Attachment(s)
just wanna get some shots of the burb before its in pieces.. that is the original paint from 69. i am ready to go pick up a new hood. mine wasnt bad, i just dont want any bondo on my ride.. you can see a little on there from the PO..

zellway 03-24-2011 02:57 PM

Thats a clean Burb to start with. Congratz. I have a 1970 sub that needs more work then I like to think about!

zellway 08-08-2011 06:49 PM

Any update on the burb?