The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   For Guys Only (No peeking Ladies) (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=323614)

GOPAPA 01-13-2009 11:28 AM

For Guys Only (No peeking Ladies)

I had to go into the kitchen and check this out for myself. Whoever looks at the end of your aluminum foil box? You know when you try to pull some foil out and the roll comes out of the box. Then you have to put the roll back in the box and start over. The darn roll always comes out at the wrong time.

Well, I would like to share this with you. Yesterday I went to throw out an empty Reynolds foil box and for some reason I turned it and looked at the end of the box. And written on the end it said, Press here to lock end. Right there on the end of the box is a tab to lock the roll in place. How long has this little locking tab been there? I then looked at a generic brand of aluminum foil and it had one, too. I then looked at a box of Saran wrap and it had one too! I can't count the number of times the Saran wrap roll has jumped out when I was trying to cover something up.

So,,,,,If you want to get to the little Ladies heart ,,then,,show her this trick YOU learned and what ever happens after that is to each ,his own imagination ..LOL good luck

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...D/aecad38c.jpg

drummin89 01-13-2009 11:33 AM

Re: For Guys Only (No peeking Ladies)

wow and I was fighting with the saran wrap this morning trying to wrap my sandwich for lunch. Dang roll kept popping out, and saran wrap is the worst because it sticks to itself.

krue 01-13-2009 11:38 AM

:eek: Now the ladies know how ignorant we've been for so long.:lol: Seriously thanks for the tip, that'll come in handy.

special-K 01-13-2009 11:53 AM

You never noticed that???I`ve always known that was there.I just didn`t know what "push tab" meant.Thanks!
I`m sure mine would have acted like she already knew and come up with 15 reasons why she never punched them out.:lol:

70cstjr 01-13-2009 12:06 PM

lol wow i learn something new everyday, i never had a clue, now i just need to get a roller for my saran wrap and aluminum foil :)

sjarrett71 01-13-2009 12:07 PM

I never knew that! WOW!!

screwballl 01-13-2009 12:09 PM

I knew that but it is used so rarely here (we usually eat it all) that I never thought twice about it...

70cst 01-13-2009 12:16 PM

AWESOME!!!! That info is worth a "Reputation"!! :lol: It is done. Thanks for the tip. Wait till my Boss...I meant wife :o comes home tonight. :lol:

70cst 01-13-2009 12:18 PM

Hey...I forgot to ask...Does "Re: For Guys Only...(No peeking Ladies)" include The Loghorn Man. :haha:

rambler 01-13-2009 12:19 PM

amazing what you learn on this site!

oh BTW,, what the heck are you doing reading directions? you know men dont need directions... LOL ...

70cst 01-13-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambler (Post 3083845)
amazing what you learn on this site!

oh BTW,, what the heck are you doing reading directions? you know men dont need directions... LOL ...

Very good point!!

special-K 01-13-2009 12:38 PM

I know Peking lady.

70cst 01-13-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 3083883)
I know Peking lady.

Doesn't she own a Peking Duck? :lol:

502tripower 01-13-2009 12:44 PM

I'm just going to wait until the wife pulls the roll out of the box and starts ranting. Then I will simply get up push the tab and look at her like...don't you know anything......:haha::haha::haha:

big_al_71 01-13-2009 12:59 PM

Wow!!!! I have never noticed that but then again I am not allowed in the kitchen!!!!

GOPAPA 01-13-2009 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 502tripower (Post 3083896)
I'm just going to wait until the wife pulls the roll out of the box and starts ranting. Then I will simply get up push the tab and look at her like...don't you know anything......:haha::haha::haha:

Ok Friend ,,you are on your own and I will not be responsible for the lump on your noggin if you do what you say you are going to do,,but on the other hand if you say something like .."Sweety.. let me show you a trick I learned by"" reading directions"" and give her a peck on the neck ..this way you make points by the "reading directions " and the tip ..

fine print here

I the poster am not resposible for any thing bad that comes to any of you that took my advice.. Larry from South America somewhere.. LOL

70cst 01-13-2009 02:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 502tripower
I'm just going to wait until the wife pulls the roll out of the box and starts ranting. Then I will simply get up push the tab and look at her like...don't you know anything...... :haha::haha::haha:

Quote:

I the poster am not resposible for any thing bad that comes to any of you that took my advice.. Larry from South America somewhere.. LOL

You all have stumbled onto a Gold mine ;)...tell your sweetheart that you learned this trick from this site. She will not only thank you she will have a new appreciation for this site. :metal:

GOPAPA 01-13-2009 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70cst (Post 3084009)

You all have stumbled onto a Gold mine ;)...tell your sweetheart that you learned this trick from this site. She will not only thank you she will have a new appreciation for this site. :metal:

NOW ! Thats what Im Talking About .. thx 70cst ,,this way the forum looks smart and full of good advice ,,even kitchen advice and she buys him his next subscription for next year.. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Larry just got back in the United States LOL

Sillyoldman 01-13-2009 02:38 PM

My wife buys our plastic and foil wrap at costco. They weigh 10-20 lbs each. The rolls usually stay in the box. I never did know that though.

fastwillie 696969 01-13-2009 03:09 PM

i saw this on how its made show they showed how foil was made and they showed the box with the retainers on the side

special-K 01-13-2009 03:09 PM

Wait and tell your woman on Valentines Day.

67ChevyRedneck 01-13-2009 03:28 PM

I just went and fixed all of ours. Apparently my wife didn't know either! :rolleyes:

Longhorn Man 01-13-2009 04:39 PM

wow.... I never saw that before either!
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.

rambler 01-13-2009 04:46 PM

Honey, my I learned this on my 67-72chevytruck.com site I'm always on.... and I also got some sweet receipies from there as well..

ETsC10 01-13-2009 06:01 PM

Well I'll be dipped!

and, yes...asking us not to peek will get us to open the thread! :lol: