The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay) (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Wide band or data logger (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=657863)

hotrod 80 01-26-2015 05:26 PM

Wide band or data logger

Looking into one of these . Maybe a LM-2 from innovate ? Any input or experiences ?

Super73 01-26-2015 05:31 PM

Re: Wide band or data logger

I have thrown two lm-2's in the trash. I have been using AEM since with out complaints.

hotrod 80 01-26-2015 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super73 (Post 7020527)
I have thrown two lm-2's in the trash. I have been using AEM since with out complaints.

Are these just gauges or are they loggers . I also looked at the FAST analog style gauge . Mainly needing to monitor A/F ratios coming up .

Wasted Income 01-26-2015 06:29 PM

I'm with Super72...Innovate stuff is GARBAGE.

I also had good luck with AEM, and with the NTK/Holley EFI combo I'm running now.

BR3W CITY 01-26-2015 07:13 PM

Have a couple of Innovates as well, 1 only keeps cal if the moon is just right.
The higher end not-really-portable one works well, but its cumbersome as HELL to use. (its the size of a car phone with like 5 cables coming out of it).

Had an AEM onboard wideband on my SRT4 worked great, and I have an Autometer onboard my truck right now.

With HP tuners and my existing wideband, I can log to a laptop or just use the gauge as normal.

71Dragtruck 01-26-2015 08:58 PM

I run the FAST dual O2 setup with record and playback capabilities, have never had a problem with it.

Super73 01-27-2015 05:38 PM

I have a modotek 2stage n20 controller (made by Daytona sensors) it has the ability to datalog things like afr, rpm, speed, week control a shift light etc. Daytona also makes wideband equipment.

BR3W CITY 01-27-2015 07:53 PM

Hehe if you got the money, why not? Full RacePak

http://www.motorsportsinnovations.co...wire-test1.jpg

too rich for my blood

hotrod 80 01-27-2015 09:51 PM

I honestly thought about the racepack stuff , But my truck has the stock harness in it . With the dash your talking about a total rewire . Maybe next winter . I have a lonely Wally and need an Ironman next to it LOL .

Marv D 01-28-2015 01:22 AM

I'm getting ready to pull all the electronics from the truck,, including a Edelbrock Quickdata with 2 Innovate wideband O2's out of the truck.

You want to datalog,,, I can fix you up.

Right now I'm logging

Engine RPM
coolant temp
oil temp
EGT in #1 and #2
O2 on each bank
Driveshaft RPM
oil pressure
fuel pressure
I disabled the G meters in favor of monitoring Transbrake on/of (to key the data to a time slip)
and throttle stop on/of

As I remember there is 16 channels. If your really interested email; me and I'll send all the info

BUT,, be aware... you HAVE TO HAVE a old craptop with a 9Pin comm port. I have not found one of the usb-9pin adapters 'yet' that works. Seems the MSD and Quickdata has some security crap that kills the USB adapters

BR3W CITY 01-28-2015 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotrod 80 (Post 7022521)
I honestly thought about the racepack stuff , But my truck has the stock harness in it . With the dash your talking about a total rewire . Maybe next winter . I have a lonely Wally and need an Ironman next to it LOL .

You can run a version of the RacePak dash display off of just an OBD link. The benefit of it being modular is you can start small.

hotrod 80 01-28-2015 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marv D (Post 7022897)
I'm getting ready to pull all the electronics from the truck,, including a Edelbrock Quickdata with 2 Innovate wideband O2's out of the truck.

You want to datalog,,, I can fix you up.

Right now I'm logging

Engine RPM
coolant temp
oil temp
EGT in #1 and #2
O2 on each bank
Driveshaft RPM
oil pressure
fuel pressure
I disabled the G meters in favor of monitoring Transbrake on/of (to key the data to a time slip)
and throttle stop on/of

As I remember there is 16 channels. If your really interested email; me and I'll send all the info

BUT,, be aware... you HAVE TO HAVE a old craptop with a 9Pin comm port. I have not found one of the usb-9pin adapters 'yet' that works. Seems the MSD and Quickdata has some security crap that kills the USB adapters

No , i dont really need to data log . Dont need the hassles or distractions .

Quote:

Originally Posted by BR3W CITY (Post 7022948)
You can run a version of the RacePak dash display off of just an OBD link. The benefit of it being modular is you can start small.

Thinking that a Dyno session is the route for me . I was just wanting to log for the changes and then pull it all off .

urmyboyblue 02-04-2015 09:01 AM

The AEM failsafe wideband is what I have and it data logs.

hotrod 80 02-04-2015 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urmyboyblue (Post 7033342)
The AEM failsafe wideband is what I have and it data logs.

Actually this seems to be a good one . It keeps coming up .