The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   "Same colors" Cheyenne Super trim (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=592004)

SS Tim 08-09-2013 08:46 PM

"Same colors" Cheyenne Super trim

3 Attachment(s)
The brochures for both 71 and 72 Cheyenne Super trim (RPO YE9) show the availabe cloth/vinyl interior choices as;
Blue (610)
Olive (632)
Parchment(626)

In addition bucket seats (A50) could be ordered with the Cheyenne Super trim.
Both years specifically state "Same colors" as the color choices for the all vinyl bucket seats in a Cheyenne Super.
These would be the same trim codes as found in Cheyenne (RPO Z84)
Blue (508)
Olive (530)
Parchment (526)

However Cheyenne's also offered two other colors;
Black (502)
Saddle (616)

The question is, does anyone have documentation showing that the Black or Saddle were offered in a Cheyenne Super?
Specifically this would include;
Truck data book trim description page.
Data book recommended trim/paint chart like the Blazer's below.
Sales or service information publications describing the YE9 option.
Option printed dealer order form.
Build sheet
SPID that is uncontested (none in my collection).

Often I will see a truck for sale with known conflicting options or fantasy replacements (like a red houndstooth bucket seat set).
The black brings up the question to mind most often. If black buckets were not a factory option, then a truck would have had them added as a trim color change or be an upgraded Cheyenne.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated especially trim cards for 71-72 Chevy pickups.

72 tigger 08-09-2013 09:26 PM

Re: "Same colors" Cheyenne Super trim

I have a 72 super with buckets in saddle- could get a pic of the SPID if you want

special-K 08-09-2013 10:34 PM

I've owned Cheyennes and Cheyenne Supers with Black and with Saddle buckets and have seen many others through the years. They were "always" all vinyl. Same color,but w/o houndstooth. Basically,in a Cheyenne Super you got Cheyenne Buckets in any color Cheyenne interiors came in. I am the only documentation I have available on that.

jocko 08-09-2013 10:49 PM

good to know! i'll find something to do with my black bucket seats yet!

Already Gone 08-09-2013 11:24 PM

subscribed
Posted via Mobile Device

special-K 08-10-2013 08:47 AM

Here's a SPID with Saddle:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...psa7a130cc.jpg

Here's one w/Black:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps0ab85d57.jpg

SS Tim 08-10-2013 11:36 AM

72 tigger please feel free to post up anything relevant.

Tim (Special-K) those are very intersting SPIDs. The saddle (C30 motorhome carrier?) is a nicely loaded truck. The K20 almost seems too good to be true. Jocko is probably already trying to find it! :-)
Thanks for posting these and if you have pictures of these two and any more SPIDs I'd like to see them.

Ol Blue K20 08-10-2013 11:46 AM

Heck I want the k20!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

special-K 08-11-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS Tim (Post 6213848)
72 tigger please feel free to post up anything relevant.

Tim (Special-K) those are very intersting SPIDs. The saddle (C30 motorhome carrier?) is a nicely loaded truck. The K20 almost seems too good to be true. Jocko is probably already trying to find it! :-)
Thanks for posting these and if you have pictures of these two and any more SPIDs I'd like to see them.

What do you mean almost too good to be true? It doesn't have the auxiliary tank or tool & stowage option! If that's the real deal,someone knew exactly what they wanted,got it,and kept it cherry. It's possible,yet very rare.
I'll check to see if I have more SPID pictures

bruceman1968 08-12-2013 11:48 AM

Subscribed, interested to see what you find out with this.

jocko 08-12-2013 12:12 PM

Ha, yes, jocko is salivating over that k20.... It is missing the camper nameplate, I'm just sayin :lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

special-K 08-13-2013 10:55 AM

It's pretty stripped,doesn't even have tow hooks...JEEZ! What a heap!

Seriously,I believe we have found out our answer already. Where is any doubt. I don't expect anyone to go on my experience,but these SPIDs are the puddin'

72 tigger 08-13-2013 12:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally got pic - this is a 72 I brought back from Texas. I'm collecting parts right now for a full restoration to bring it back to it's former glory. It will be all original except for the saddle interior- going with black (adding a tach also). As special k said I think these SPIDs prove the supers could have any colors the cheyennes did.

JQ-72 08-24-2013 11:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picture from my 1972 Data book. Proof that Supers could have black or saddle buckets.
Joshua

SS Tim 08-28-2013 09:24 PM

Joshua, Thank You for posting that information! To most it probably doesn't matter but I like keeping the facts straight. This trim card settles the case of it actually being a RPO trim code for the Cheyenne Super and not a work around.

Anyone else that has Cheyenne Super/Bucket SPID or pictures I'd like to see them.

Love to see a white with parchment buckets Cheyenne or Cheyenne Super if anyone has a picture.

But most of all my favorite would be a 519 Dark Yellow with parchment buckets Cheyenne or Cheyenne Super if anyone has a picture.

SS Tim 08-28-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 6214896)
What do you mean almost too good to be true? It doesn't have the auxiliary tank or tool & stowage option! If that's the real deal,someone knew exactly what they wanted,got it,and kept it cherry. It's possible,yet very rare.
I'll check to see if I have more SPID pictures

Too funny Tim even you questioned its authenticity. The truck is an unusual mix for a K20 and oddly without front hubs! Do you have any pictures of this truck or know it's whereabouts?

Thanks for your help and providing SPIDs showing that some did leave the factory with buckets in Black and Saddle. Keep the SPIDs coming, you have treasures.

Bill72 08-29-2013 11:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
"Love to see a white with parchment buckets Cheyenne or Cheyenne Super if anyone has a picture."

SS Tim 08-29-2013 01:44 PM

Thanks Bill for the SPID. What I meant to ask for was an interior pictures of both 521/626 and 519/626 Cheyenne/Cheyenne Super truck for my collection.