The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Why is this here? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=841731)

cj847 01-29-2023 08:25 PM

Why is this here?

2 Attachment(s)
I heard some noise while bottoming out. Surprised to find my short bed has the mount for an intermediate bearing. You can see where it rubbed the driveshaft. Took care of it with a drill.
PS> Can someone make a post about how to get pics upright and add it to FAQ section? I've spun them around and saved them in different formats, but can't seem to get it right.

Getter-Done 01-29-2023 08:33 PM

Re: Why is this here?

1 Attachment(s)
About posting pictures this is what works for me.

Depending on your phone and/or computer there's different ways to upload pictures.

What I do is email the picture (one at a time, so its not so confusing) to my computer.
Then click on the picture in the e-mail and choose download.
Name the picture so you can find it in your computer.
If several, I write them on a post a note.
I normally Edit/crop the picture now.
That helps them not flip when you post them to the forum.
Now you are ready to upload picture.

So start your thread or comment to the thread.
Click on attachments (The Paper clip)
Then the pop-up screen will come up to (choose file).
Pick from the one (Or Ones) you just named.
Then once you get (one or all five) selected push the upload button.
Then when you click the attachment again, you can pick the pictures one at a time or all five at once.
Hope this helps.

Attachment 2255068

Richard 01-30-2023 01:40 AM

For the pics I just plug my phone into my windows computer via a usb cable and save the pics to the folder I want, windows automatically opens a program to transfer. I then open pic in file, right click on pic and delete the details of pic to eliminate all the information. I right click again and open with paint. Click the percentage tab to 25-50% so I can see entire pic. Crop pic or do nothing then save. In my experience always uploads to site with no problems. Using preview post is always recommended by me before posting to see if pics and post are like you want. You can delete and edit post after the fact if you make a mistake, this includes pics. Not sure if there is a time restriction.

special-K 01-30-2023 08:31 AM

I guess somebody changed to a 1pc driveshaft. clearance when going to a 1pc is a concern, so I can't believe someone would leave that there

Palf70Step 01-30-2023 04:17 PM

At least for me its not common to see a Carrier bearing on a SWB truck, but I have seen 2 that used them. Why I don't know. I know one person changed his, but never have an issue with that being ion the way till he lower the truck.

Woody 02-01-2023 11:08 AM

I saw this post and realized I had left that bracket on my frame (69 SWB) that I'm restoring. Of course I had already painted the frame.... So I drilled and cut the rivets out last night and will finish the removal of the bracket today. It would have been a real pain the remove after I had the 1 piece driveshaft in.

Woody

70STOVEBOLT 02-01-2023 10:11 PM

Did the truck originally have a big block? I have read on here that big block SWB trucks had a 2-piece shaft, but I cannot confirm that

Ironangel 02-03-2023 03:14 PM

Most all SWB 2WD trucks had two piece drive shafts. There were exceptions such as the 4WD trucks and some SWB 6 cylinder manual transmission trucks were fitted with one piece drive shafts...