The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Well I did it again. 1970 C 30 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=834587)

FleetsidePaul 05-18-2022 12:12 AM

Well I did it again. 1970 C 30

As much as I needed another project like I need another hole in my empty head. I couldn't pass this one up.

I've driven past this truck 100 times and now it's mine. :)

It needs some attention. But nothing big. No rust at all. I didn't lowball the guy. He lowballed me. He told me what he wanted for it. SOLD! I couldn't get the money out of my pocket fast enough.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. Maybe just stare at it because I think it's cool.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...edium/C_30.jpg

68bowtie 05-18-2022 12:18 AM

Re: Well I did it again. 1970 C 30

Cool! Big girls are fun. ;)

kwmech 05-18-2022 01:01 AM

Looks like a short wb one---133''?

Mine is a 157 and used to be a class B

best view 05-18-2022 07:48 AM

I do,fix the cab lights then put them on at night and drink beer :metal:

Sheepdip 05-18-2022 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9080366)
As much as I needed another project like I need another hole in my empty head. I couldn't pass this one up.

I've driven past this truck 100 times and now it's mine. :)

It needs some attention. But nothing big. No rust at all. I didn't lowball the guy. He lowballed me. He told me what he wanted for it. SOLD! I couldn't get the money out of my pocket fast enough.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. Maybe just stare at it because I think it's cool.

Good Score!
You don't see many DRW's running around, but I passed a 68-133" WB :gmc2: yesterday about the same color and shape.

old51sedan 05-18-2022 09:37 AM

I think it's cool, I ordered a new SB 4 wheeler back in 76 that color. She looks clean, does she run and drive?

FleetsidePaul 05-18-2022 10:55 AM

It runs and drives. It needs a battery. I'll pick one up today when I go to the DMV. It's still over at my neighbors place. It is literally across the street from me. I never knew it was there until he moved it to the side of his house. Then I had to get ahold of him. I lucked out, he was coming out and the gate was open. He's in his 80's and I don't see him that much. Super nice guy but his place is big and all fenced in and the gate is always locked.
I just happened to drive by and said hello. It's probably only the second time I've talked to him and I've been here 6 years. Don't see him much. His health isn't so good. Really cool guy but he'll talk your ear off. :lol:

I want to fix the cab lights ASAP. They're munched and it bugs me. Shine it up and give it a tune up. Maybe paint the bumper and the wheels white. the upholstery is nice. Not even a rip in the seat. :)

dave6672 05-18-2022 12:23 PM

Quote:

It is cool, congrats!

Caddylackn 05-18-2022 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9080470)

I want to fix the cab lights ASAP. They're munched and it bugs me. Shine it up and give it a tune up. Maybe paint the bumper and the wheels white. the upholstery is nice. Not even a rip in the seat. :)

And paint the mirrors and frames white too.

FleetsidePaul 05-18-2022 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caddylackn (Post 9080529)
And paint the mirrors and frames white too.

I agree I like the mirrors. My problem is that I don't want to mess it up. It's only original once. There is no going back. I'm almost afraid to touch it other than polish it up and get the ole gal back on her feet running like a Swiss watch. My dilemma. What to do :confused: I overthink things. :rolleyes:

The black primer on the hood is going bye bye. I can't stand it. I have to figure something out. Mellow it down. I could paint the truck but I cringe at the thought. It has character as is. The grille has dents and I really don't want a repop. I like originality. But NOS stuff is hard to find and expensive. So the hunt is on for a grille and I'll think about what to do with the paint. I am treading softly with the truck. No quick decisions.

Arnulfo 05-18-2022 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by best view (Post 9080418)
I do,fix the cab lights then put them on at night and drink beer :metal:

Wow! Thats funny! I thought i was the only one that does that. I just bought a propane powerd c 30 and i love looking at the cab lights while enjoying a bit of premium herb.could be why i am single😝

71meangreenc10 05-18-2022 04:04 PM

Nice ride,
Just add disks to the front and you will be set...

Smitty

best view 05-18-2022 08:28 PM

No you’re single because you’re smart and you like cab lights

jumpsoffrock 05-18-2022 09:05 PM

Any pics of the interior? I wanna see the inner rockers and stuff to prove it has no rust.
I might have to stop by one day when mine is done.

Arnulfo 05-18-2022 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by best view (Post 9080726)
No you’re single because you’re smart and you like cab lights

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

FleetsidePaul 05-19-2022 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpsoffrock (Post 9080751)
Any pics of the interior? I wanna see the inner rockers and stuff to prove it has no rust.
I might have to stop by one day when mine is done.

No pic's yet. He had a bunch of blankets and junk like that in the cab and I don't take a lot of pictures. But from what I saw it was very nice. I would have drove it home today but I was swamped with moving my new/old motorhome into my yard. What a PITA. That motorhome is looong.!! I barely got it in the yard. And my neighbor is 82 years old. I'm not going to rush him. What the heck it's just across the street from me. No hurry. It can sit in his yard just as easy as mine.

And I had 4 friends over helping me with the motorhome. Hanging out. We we walking around figuring where to put it and my one friend just dropped to the ground face first. :eek: He was out cold. :confused: We carried him in the house and he's alright. He said everything just went black. His nose is banged up. He went down hard. Like a bag of cement hitting the ground. I thought he died. We were just shooting the sheet and then WHAM!! We've got a man down. It was very nerve wracking. I may be a little sensitive. I had a very good friend come by my house before and had a heart attack and died in my driveway. That freaks you out.

Come by anytime. Never a dull moment around here. But i wouldn't suggest hanging out in the driveway. :) Just sayin.

special-K 05-19-2022 07:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
That truck is all there and all original after all these years. That's 3 "alls" so I say it's a perfect candidate to keep "all original" for ATHS antique truck shows. Those guys are about the essence of a truck and fine examples. I see a "brochure truck". Keep it simple

FleetsidePaul 05-19-2022 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9080955)
That truck is all there and all original after all these years. That's 3 "alls" so I say it's a perfect candidate to keep "all original" for ATHS antique truck shows. Those guys are about the essence of a truck and fine examples. I see a "brochure truck". Keep it simple

I agree. It's a survivor. I really don't want to change that. I just want it in good working order. I only have to figure out where to draw the line. How much is too much, and how much is not enough???

I was thinking about trying to rub out that primer and see how it looks. I really wish that they hadn't sprayed that on there. But it is what it is. And I don't like the black bumper at all. Or the driver's door for that matter. It doesn't look right. The paint is not good. I know that these are small problems. But they are problems.

I want to try to use used parts as much as I can. For instance the bowtie on the hood is gone. I don't want a new one. I want an old one that will fit the truck. I have a buddy that has a lot of stuff but it's all 67/68-71/72 stuff. No 70 stuff. So I have to search the net for what I'm looking for.

It's an old hay hauler and I'm going to keep it that way.

lolife99 05-19-2022 10:47 PM

Love this truck.

jumpsoffrock 05-20-2022 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9081086)
I want to try to use used parts as much as I can. For instance the bowtie on the hood is gone. I don't want a new one. I want an old one that will fit the truck. I have a buddy that has a lot of stuff but it's all 67/68-71/72 stuff. No 70 stuff. So I have to search the net for what I'm looking for.

What's the difference in the emblems for those years?

Man that is crazy about your friend having a heart attack.

FleetsidePaul 05-20-2022 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpsoffrock (Post 9081286)
What's the difference in the emblems for those years?

Man that is crazy about your friend having a heart attack.

The 69/70 had the bowtie on the hood. 71/72 it was in the grille.

And yeah. It was crazy with Ron. He just stumbled around and dropped. We did what we could which was nothing. Nothing anyone could do. We were just shocked and helpless. No one expects their friend to just drop dead in front of them. But it happens.

68Gold/white 05-21-2022 06:55 AM

Tell us more!!!
Engine?
Trans?
Slid into?

Congrats!!!

cangim 05-21-2022 10:15 AM

Nice score, I am in for pics as they come

FleetsidePaul 05-21-2022 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68Gold/white (Post 9081895)
Tell us more!!!
Engine?
Trans?
Slid into?

Congrats!!!

Thanks. It's a 350 and a stick shift. I'm not sure which transmission and I didn't get a pic of the SPID. There was a bunch of junk in the cab. I couldn't really climb in there. He told me that he'd clean it out. He said the throwout bearing was making noise so it's going to need a clutch. But it still works. All I have to do is drive it across the street so I'm not sweating it. I have another neighbor that can slap in a new clutch no problem.

I'm hoping to get it today. I have a new battery. I just have to get ahold of him. Not that easy. He's kind of a hermit and keeps the place locked up and no phone. You have to honk and hope that he hears the horn.

factorystock 05-21-2022 11:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I have no idea what I'm going to do with it.

Here is an idea, but I'm sure you know the way they looked brand new. The look of a shiny white bumper with a shiny aluminum grill grows on you.