The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Getting back into it. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=706941)

straitnate14 05-13-2016 02:21 PM

Getting back into it.

5 Attachment(s)
Been a while since I have been on here. Bought a house last year and I got a garage of my own finally. I'm trying to make a serious effort to start working on the truck again. I bought a new radiator and a new electric fan setup last week. Got some new hood hinges from a buddy there other day and got them blasted, I painted them also but they are in my basement and I just broke my leg so I haven't had the desire to try dragging them up on crutches. I'm waiting on new upper mounts to come for the radiator currently. Also I'm planning on picking up a stock hood tomorrow to replace the cowl hood.

straitnate14 05-13-2016 02:39 PM

Re: Getting back into it.

3 Attachment(s)
Got a detached garage. It's a mess but it's all mine so I'm happy with it. I'm planning on running 220 out before the end of the summer with some of our wedding money if the Mrs will let me I might even sneak a cheap Harbor Freight welder on that Bill! Oh and this is the green thing that put me in a cast!

projectking 05-13-2016 03:09 PM

I'll trade you a stock hood and go in the basement to bring your hinges up in trade for the leg breaker!

J/K Good looking truck and nice Cal Custom valve covers!

straitnate14 05-13-2016 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by projectking (Post 7592000)
I'll trade you a stock hood and go in the basement to bring your hinges up in trade for the leg breaker!

J/K Good looking truck and nice Cal Custom valve covers!

yeah I'm putting a pcv setup back on it this evening. Tried running two breathes for a while and they just cover the valve covers with oily film.

Mike harris 05-13-2016 04:02 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I had a kdX 250 bloody thing was lethal. got a feeling it did not like me much. sweet looking truck lovin the orange paint

straitnate14 05-13-2016 04:11 PM

Kdx 250's are pretty rare? Didn't they only make them for like 2-3 years?

Mike harris 05-13-2016 04:21 PM

Not sure on that one tbh there is a few about over here. This was an Sr model for enduro use so the crank had a longer throw meaning it had a piston with the wrist pin much higher up which was a nightmare to buy a piston for when It seized up coming home from work one day. those pics were after the new piston first day after rebuilding it. not how to run an engine in lol. how did the broke leg happen?

straitnate14 05-13-2016 04:24 PM

Trying to cross a little creek bank and it was a muddy mess, spun the back hard coming up the hill and layed it over pined my leg and I rolled back down the hill and the bike stayed put. It was seriously the lamest crash ever.

Mike harris 05-13-2016 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by straitnate14 (Post 7592075)
Trying to cross a little creek bank and it was a muddy mess, spun the back hard coming up the hill and layed it over pined my leg and I rolled back down the hill and the bike stayed put. It was seriously the lamest crash ever.

you are not alone on the lame crashes lol had one like that the other day. tried riding over a (very small) fallen tree which I had previously ridden over a few times. front tucked on me put my foot down to steady it but just ended up upsidedown under the bike with a pretty twisted ankle. While everyone watched. hope its fixed up soon so you can get back on to that truck!

straitnate14 05-13-2016 04:49 PM

Oh I'll be hobbling out in the garage tonight. I got a new temp gauge to wire up and I might just make the fiance bring the hood hinges out so I can try and get the springs back on them.

straitnate14 05-14-2016 07:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I got the hinges put back together and a new vdo water temp gauge from summit today. Just waiting on upper radiator mounts so I can get my fan mounts all figured out.

kbill45@gmail.com 05-14-2016 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by straitnate14 (Post 7592009)
yeah I'm putting a pcv setup back on it this evening. Tried running two breathes for a while and they just cover the valve covers with oily film.

Nice truck. Where did you find those mirrors. I have to take mine off to get on the lift. Thanks

straitnate14 05-14-2016 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbill45@gmail.com (Post 7593256)
Nice truck. Where did you find those mirrors. I have to take mine off to get on the lift. Thanks

EBay.. the passenger mirror is useless

straitnate14 05-14-2016 10:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Got an old an fuel line off one of our ch47s. Going to run it from my regulator to my carb rail. I'm trying to keep a aviation theme going like my alternator mount. It needs new hose but the fittings at good.

straitnate14 05-16-2016 05:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
So I got my radiator mounts today, blasted them then shot some paint on them. Going to try and get my cooling fan wired up along with a new temp gauge. Also is this radio period correct?

projectking 05-16-2016 05:58 PM

The radio is from a square body

straitnate14 05-16-2016 06:43 PM

Thanks! Got it for free along with my hood hinges!

straitnate14 05-23-2016 11:57 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Got my cooling fan mounted and wired yesterday, also bought some powerblast plates that will more then likely be snake oil but I've read quite a few positive reviews so I'll wait till after I have everything back together to give then a whirl. But I'm going to be down for a while broke leg ended up getting surgery today so no garage for a while.

straitnate14 05-24-2016 12:17 AM

Thought I would add a burnout or two just for fun first one is last year, second one was a few weeks back, neighbor hood kid wanted me to show off for his friends so I figured I'd give him a show.
https://youtu.be/sL5tck-ByLA
https://youtu.be/2dzPASjckhA