The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   My C EVY just isn't the same any more (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=843972)

dmjlambert 04-21-2023 08:20 PM

My C EVY just isn't the same any more

1 Attachment(s)
I took my wife for a ride in the 69 and apparently didn't close the tailgate all the way. Somewhere along the way it fell open, because when we got home the tailgate was open. I noticed my H was gone and I went back over the same roads and couldn't find it. Does anybody have just the H they would be willing to part with, and preferably somewhat old and pitted?

68bowtie 04-21-2023 11:02 PM

Re: My C EVY just isn't the same any more

Bummer! At least in the meantime it has some character. :)

Getter-Done 04-22-2023 09:12 AM

Darn:sumo:

None of the tailgates I have a trim insert.

Maybe someone will have one.
:chevy::chevy::chevy:

Jim Boy 04-22-2023 09:52 AM

Conclusion---Wife's fault.

jumpsoffrock 04-22-2023 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Boy (Post 9198450)
Conclusion---Wife's fault.

We have unanimously voted YOU to be the one to tell her that.
Have fun. good luck :D

dmjlambert 04-22-2023 04:33 PM

Ok I survived telling her. :-) But she had a much bigger list of stuff to remind me about that are all my fault, and of course she's sure right about that...

68 P.O.S. 04-24-2023 05:40 PM

Now you can tell her what a safety issue that old tailgate is and how you now must install some new latches. Nothing but the best for your main squeeze :lol: https://tre5customs.com/67-72-c10-tailgate-latch-kit/

KW5413 04-24-2023 11:20 PM

Hmmm...reminds of the time I told The Queen I was taking the truck (daily driver) out for chrome wheels. Came back 4 hours later with a new truck. Yep, it had chrome wheels.

That was about 15 years ago. She sees no humor in it now and certainly not then.

:confused: :fry:

jumpsoffrock 04-25-2023 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KW5413 (Post 9199233)
Hmmm...reminds of the time I told The Queen I was taking the truck (daily driver) out for chrome wheels. Came back 4 hours later with a new truck. Yep, it had chrome wheels.

That was about 15 years ago. She sees no humor in it now and certainly not then.

Close call, you almost had to ride around on plain steelies. :waah:
:lol:
:devil:

my04 04-26-2023 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KW5413 (Post 9199233)

Yup, a few years ago, I bought a silver colored Silverado, coincidentally, on our 25th wedding anniversary date and when I remind the wife, once in awhile, that the Silver Silverado was our Silver anniversary gift, she fails to see any humor in that statement either. :no:

D.B 04-26-2023 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmjlambert (Post 9198351)
I took my wife for a ride in the 69 and apparently didn't close the tailgate all the way. Somewhere along the way it fell open, because when we got home the tailgate was open. I noticed my H was gone and I went back over the same roads and couldn't find it. Does anybody have just the H they would be willing to part with, and preferably somewhat old and pitted?

dmjlambert - Do you plan to be at the C10 Nationals on May 12th or 13th. If so, I may have the letter you need. Let me know.

dmjlambert 04-26-2023 08:34 PM

Hi D.B, no I don't plan to go. I understand there is a swap meet in Conroe every year, but I have not been to it yet. I may like to try to find a whole tailgate that is saddle and in better condition than mine, because mine is in poor condition.

D.B 04-27-2023 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmjlambert (Post 9199699)
Hi D.B, no I don't plan to go. I understand there is a swap meet in Conroe every year, but I have not been to it yet. I may like to try to find a whole tailgate that is saddle and in better condition than mine, because mine is in poor condition.

I am sure I have the complete tailgate moulding with all of the letters stashed away in my parts shed. Let me know if you know someone heading up to the C10.

chevy71super 04-29-2023 01:26 AM

Similar experience with my 72 super. It’s now a CHEVRO_ET! The L’ is in the glove box.

dmjlambert 04-29-2023 08:56 AM

I am hoping somebody could dig an H in reasonably good condition out of a box of scrap parts and mail it to me. Cosmetic imperfection is fine. I will pay for the part and postage. Somebody out there has painstakingly refurbed their tailgate band with new letters and woodgrain decal and has the old letters or an old band laying around gathering dust. If somebody has a whole 1969 original paint saddle tailgate that they can part with, that would be fine as well. It is OK if it is the kind with no band and just the big Chevrolet painted (or faded) embossed letters.

7D2N 05-08-2023 08:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Did you still need the letter H? I have this one, perfect no but I will send free.
7D2N

dmjlambert 05-08-2023 09:18 PM

Yes, I am still searching for the H. Thanks, that looks pretty much perfect for my truck.

7D2N 05-08-2023 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmjlambert (Post 9202639)
Yes, I am still searching for the H. Thanks, that looks pretty much perfect for my truck.

I will get it heading your way. Glad you can use it.
7D2N

54blackhornet 05-09-2023 05:09 PM

It’s always nice to see someone offering to help a fellow member out for free. Says a lot about the community on the site. …:metal:

'68OrangeSunshine 05-10-2023 03:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My '68 Stepside has a case of Irritable Vowel Syndrome: