The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   LSx Swaps (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=206)
-   -   LS factory cruise control hook up (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=511477)

tallic68 11-09-2012 02:20 AM

Re: LS factory cruise control hook up

Dose anyone know where I can get one of these? I've searched every pick-a-part in the area and nothing. I found the right year/ model w/cc but all levers were gone. I've got a later style modified with a single screw mount but I'm not happy with the look. To bulky.
Posted via Mobile Device

ls1nova71 11-09-2012 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallic68 (Post 5693129)
Dose anyone know where I can get one of these? I've searched every pick-a-part in the area and nothing. I found the right year/ model w/cc but all levers were gone. I've got a later style modified with a single screw mount but I'm not happy with the look. To bulky.
Posted via Mobile Device

If it's looks you're after, I have what you're looking for if you have a.67-72. I have a few "hybrid" levers that I've made from different parts that match the turn signal levers on 67-72's. They have the grooves in them. Or i have the newer looking ones tht are smooth. I can post some pics later today.
Posted via Mobile Device

tallic68 11-09-2012 05:26 PM

Sounds good.
Posted via Mobile Device

ls1nova71 11-09-2012 08:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I almost forgot about the pics, and I don't have alot of time right now, so I couldn't find the good pics, but here's one of them on my truck. I have the ribbed kind and the smooth kind, both these pics are the ribbed. The smooth are $45 shipped and the ribbed are $50 shipped.

Daaaanz67 11-10-2012 11:17 AM

Are these compatible with ls dbw also are the ribbed one the period correct for the 67/72
Posted via Mobile Device

ls1nova71 11-10-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daaaanz67 (Post 5695100)
Are these compatible with ls dbw also are the ribbed one the period correct for the 67/72
Posted via Mobile Device

They work for the gen 3 engines, the gen4 are harder to get cruise to work on. Also... they're not period correct, they just look a little more correct, especially if you have a tilt since they match the tilt lever.
Posted via Mobile Device

Daaaanz67 11-10-2012 07:26 PM

My drive train came out of 06 Tahoe dbw will this work
Posted via Mobile Device

ls1nova71 11-10-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daaaanz67 (Post 5695675)
My drive train came out of 06 Tahoe dbw will this work
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes it will, the engine in my orange truck is an '06 as well. :lol:

Daaaanz67 11-10-2012 10:23 PM

I'll take one of your best ribbed one I'll pm you.
Posted via Mobile Device

cjohnson6772 11-10-2012 11:21 PM

Is there anyway to fish this down through the column without taking it all apart? Factory tilt. Also, any chance we can get a pic of where the wiring comes out of the lever?
Posted via Mobile Device

mcmlxix 11-11-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjohnson6772 (Post 5696065)
Is there anyway to fish this down through the column without taking it all apart? Factory tilt. Also, any chance we can get a pic of where the wiring comes out of the lever?
Posted via Mobile Device

The cable from the stalk is flat and should be able to fit... with a little finess...

Hart_Rod 11-11-2012 10:41 AM

Great information! I've got two trucks I have to do this to....
Posted via Mobile Device

Daaaanz67 11-12-2012 10:53 AM

Ls1 nova did you get my pm
Posted via Mobile Device

ms2335 11-12-2012 11:18 AM

I will take a smooth one if you have any left. PM me Paypal info
Posted via Mobile Device

ls1nova71 11-12-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daaaanz67 (Post 5698334)
Ls1 nova did you get my pm
Posted via Mobile Device

Just got it, PM sent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms2335 (Post 5698370)
I will take a smooth one if you have any left. PM me Paypal info
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't have anymore ready to go at the moment, but will in a few weeks. If you're not in a hurry I can let you know when they're done

ls1nova71 11-12-2012 12:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by cjohnson6772 (Post 5696065)
Posted via Mobile Device

You would need to pull the turn signal switch out, well, not all the way out, but take the three screws out move the switch out of the way, put the column in the straight position, take the little wire cover that goes between the shift bowl and the dash off, then you can fish the wire down it fairly easily. The wires on the cruise switches are pretty rigid, so it's not all that hard.

Here's the pic of where the wires come out of the lever.

ms2335 11-12-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ls1nova71 (Post 5698475)
Just got it, PM sent.

I don't have anymore ready to go at the moment, but will in a few weeks. If you're not in a hurry I can let you know when they're done

Thanks! That is fine just put me in line.
Posted via Mobile Device

Clyde65 11-12-2012 02:14 PM

Ls1nova71 helped me get my cruise up and running perfectly with the stalk, connectors, brakes switch and all the diagrams to get it working, very helpful guy! I can't say that enough.
Posted via Mobile Device

aggie91 11-12-2012 02:15 PM

Great thread. I sent you a PM about a lever also....

Daaaanz67 11-13-2012 02:16 AM

Payment sent for ribbed one
Posted via Mobile Device

Daaaanz67 11-25-2012 02:50 AM

Just got back in town and got the package man that lever looks brand new money well spent thanks. Just got to get it hooked up thanks for labeling the wires also.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dads Burb 11-30-2012 05:00 PM

Does the column have to be from a truck? I have 2 columns I would like to do this on. One is from an 80's Buick or Olds with the key in the column and the big bulge and bulky looking cruise lever on it. The other is from an earlier Buick. It also has the key in the column, but it has the older style column look and the cruise lever just has a button on the end (I guess to turn it on) and I think it only has one wire coming from it.

My engine and harness is from a 2004 Tahoe (flex-fuel) with 4L60E trans.

I would really like to use the older style column, but I want the cruise functions of the newer column. Would one of your levers work for me in this column?

I hope this made sense.

ls1nova71 11-30-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dads Burb (Post 5732422)
Does the column have to be from a truck? I have 2 columns I would like to do this on. One is from an 80's Buick or Olds with the key in the column and the big bulge and bulky looking cruise lever on it. The other is from an earlier Buick. It also has the key in the column, but it has the older style column look and the cruise lever just has a button on the end (I guess to turn it on) and I think it only has one wire coming from it.

My engine and harness is from a 2004 Tahoe (flex-fuel) with 4L60E trans.

I would really like to use the older style column, but I want the cruise functions of the newer column. Would one of your levers work for me in this column?

I hope this made sense.

There are different styles of levers. The int you say is bulky, does it have four wires? If so it will work. If it doesn't have windshield wipers in it, its probably a 3 wire, but you can swap the switch inside the lever out with a newer switch. The older column with the single button can be made to work, but you would have to wire the cruise to be on at all times when the ignition is on, and you would only have the set/coast feature, no resume/accell. If you want all the features to work you would need a newer switch like the ones I have. I have the kind that screw in with a single screw, like your older column, and also the push in type for columns without wipers built in.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dads Burb 11-30-2012 05:57 PM

Thanks for fast reply. The newer column doesn't have the wiper controls. I need to look at it closer and see if it has all the cruise functions and how many wires it has. I know the older column only says Cruise with 1 button at the end.

The older column is the one I would like to use. I will check them and get back to you.

Hart_Rod 01-02-2013 03:25 PM

I have a HND-3 from Dakota Digitial.

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.c...prod/prd50.htm

How will it work with a 2006 DBW? I installed the handle on a Flaming River tilt column and it was a PITA to get the wires pulled through....