The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Man. I feel like I am never going to work on my truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=162099)

Zumo 06-29-2005 09:19 AM

Man. I feel like I am never going to work on my truck...

My truck has been sitting for almost 2 years. I guess since my daughter has been born. She'll be 2 in Nov, she is one crazy baby. It's not that I don't have the money, it's the time I need. I have a 6 year old son in Tball, I play softball 1 night a week, and I do graphic work on the side at home. Weekends are spent with the family, yard work, and finishing up my shed. Time seems to have been hard to find here latley. I have a rebuilt 350 sitting on the floor in my garage just waiting to be put in. I need 2 of me on 12 hr shifts. :crazy:

Sorry just a little stressed, good stress if that is possible. None of those things are bad.

Burb84 06-29-2005 09:24 AM

I feel your pain....but not because I can't work on my truck because of kids. I can't work on my truck cause it won't fit in my garage (I have a tiny garage that only the S-10 fits in) It is depressing. ::sigh::

Transparent 06-29-2005 11:39 AM

I had to buy a new daily driver because my beater broke down. now I dont have the money to put towards my project

Bamm 06-29-2005 04:02 PM

Hey Zumo, take out the new 350 (which I don't have) and make it a 12 year old, 10 year old and a 5 year old playing ball mondays and thursdays, and I just finished a church league that I play in tuesdays and saturday nights. My wife and I run an AWANA group at our church on Sunday nights, and my saturdays for a long while will be spent on the finishing of my garage. Like you said though. it's good stress........Jerry

Palf70Step 06-29-2005 04:06 PM

I hear ya too. between work and family...it gets real tight. It bothers me once in a while now, but I know (now that I have my shop) it'll be there and get done someday.

bouncytruck 06-29-2005 04:09 PM

Lack of time after my daughter was born is one of the main reasons I bought my '72. I just never had time to work on the '69 Blazer. It has sat in the same spot since my baby girl was born in January 03. I plan to sell it, but I haven't had the time to get it put back together and cleaned up.

Tynee 06-29-2005 06:18 PM

What I hear is the same thing I'm fighting with on my truck. Priorities. Even if you ARE setting your priorities properly, it still sucks that the truck can't be the top priority.

krue 06-29-2005 08:52 PM

I'm too busy using my truck to work on it, but I am collecting a lot of tools.:D

Zumo 06-29-2005 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rick980
I will trade you all, I am stuck in a wheelchair, bought the truck for my son and I to work on...he is not as eager as I am so now.....I get to work on it when he feels like it. Although I have done several things myself like, fix a leaky kickdown cable in the tranny...did a oil and filter change on the trans too while at it. Put a new exhaust on it, i was luck the 2 pipes from the manifolds about 3 feet under the truck were still good, so I bolted on a couple cherry bombs and some straight turndowns...new exhaust and it sounds good. I have rebuilt my guages..well just cleaned them up actually...I have a pile of new parts to put on....oh I put a new gas pedal on, took out my right window regulator with my wifes help. and well a few more odds and ends with my son.....but he isn't as eager like I said as I am. I hope to get it running and looking good maybe he will change his mind then? I can only hope.

There is always someone worse of. I guess I need to quit complaining. I feel for you man. Your son will come around. We all make it through.

68C15 06-29-2005 10:35 PM

I vote for Rick as the most motivated person here.
4 months ago I tore mine down to the frame to begin the 4 year restoration. now it is slowly being re-assembled. I need it to help another un-named board member move in a couple months.
tha bad thing is I now have to build 2 700R4 trannies for "someone else". then after that I will have a stepside shortbox to work on also. when does it end????

Brainchild 06-30-2005 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krue
I'm too busy using my truck to work on it, but I am collecting a lot of tools.:D

That seems to be my problem at the moment.Sure is cool to dream of how it'll be when it's done though:D

jagman 06-30-2005 09:57 PM

maybe this will help enjoy the family of course but do thirty to sixty minutes a night on it , it will be very slow going but it will get done check mine out it didnt get there in a full days work .Hope that my logic helps you with yours . heres the link to my truck
http://www.ohiovalleys-series.com/gallery/album09