The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   '69 Longbed Daily Driver - Project (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=212747)

IvelDesigns 09-03-2009 12:27 PM

Re: '69 Longbed Daily Driver - Project

Don't rule yourself out due to distance. I've been itching for a road trip, and would not hesitate to make the 11.5 hour drive down there in it.

PM me if you're really interested.

grayharville 09-03-2009 10:59 PM

yeah, sell the truck to texasidiot, then swing by an bring me that hood! lol...

texanidiot25 09-03-2009 11:50 PM

The 11 grand is another obstacle... Being in college.

I really love the truck, hope it goes to a proper owner.

IvelDesigns 09-21-2009 10:22 PM

Looks like this truck is going to live a rust free life in LA...

:whine:

88JRFAN 09-22-2009 10:38 PM

I take it you got it sold? You going to put the money into the 50?

72BlckButy 09-23-2009 08:01 AM

Congrats on the sale Levi!

grayharville 09-26-2009 12:07 AM

it would be cool if the new owner would post it on here, as he added, or changed things,,,

IvelDesigns 09-30-2009 08:26 PM

3 Attachment(s)
It's official. It's gone.

jeffspower 09-30-2009 09:11 PM

I was almost in tears seeing it go... then I cheered up when I noticed the
BIG GREEN MACHINE in your garage :lol:

I want one back to relive my youth! I think if they made an adult sized version they would sell bigtime :metal:

IvelDesigns 09-30-2009 09:21 PM

then you need to watch this...

I don't fit so well on it.

And neither does my brother...

watahyahknow 09-30-2009 09:24 PM

i think ive seen a chopper made like that too wasnt it on biker build off

C1ph3r 05-18-2016 12:21 PM

I know this thread is old and that you sold your truck... but dang what an inspiration. i have been planning my air set up for a while and will be going static first.

i have been trying to find good examples of bagged set ups that DONT use porterbuilt or crazy frame mods. just everyday trucks with enough done to get the job done right.

i have to go static drop first before I do air so planning that path out as to not waste a ton of cash has been hard.

most of your pics seem to be gone but the ones in post 49 are so helpful. the ones with your bed off showing your exhaust and cross member are so helpful. need to see some more like that. trying to figure out what to do with my exhaust. did you cut holes in your cross member or was that aftermarket?

thanks again for all the pics

hotrodsinner 05-18-2016 12:32 PM

I feel the exact same! I still read this thread over and over again. Rad truck!

watahyahknow 05-18-2016 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C1ph3r (Post 7597221)
I know this thread is old and that you sold your truck... but dang what an inspiration. i have been planning my air set up for a while and will be going static first.

i have been trying to find good examples of bagged set ups that DONT use porterbuilt or crazy frame mods. just everyday trucks with enough done to get the job done right.

i have to go static drop first before I do air so planning that path out as to not waste a ton of cash has been hard.

most of your pics seem to be gone but the ones in post 49 are so helpful. the ones with your bed off showing your exhaust and cross member are so helpful. need to see some more like that. trying to figure out what to do with my exhaust. did you cut holes in your cross member or was that aftermarket?

thanks again for all the pics

i have seen bags on stock suspension they just dont drop all the way to the ground THATS why people cut the frame up and / or use porterbuild stuff
the shockwave airbag with shockabsorber combo seem to work whell on most stock suspension
have to say though that you might have problems with other stuff like the alighnment and the wheels rubbing the fenders , the specialized stuff often use different non factory steering geometrics so you can still drive somewat normaly when the air is almost out of the bags and be able to make a corner
you could even use leafsprings in the back as the linkage with helperbags if you take more then a few leafs out of them , prolly need to add calltracks to keep the leaf from winding up though

C1ph3r 05-19-2016 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watahyahknow (Post 7597589)
i have seen bags on stock suspension they just dont drop all the way to the ground THATS why people cut the frame up and / or use porterbuild stuff
the shockwave airbag with shockabsorber combo seem to work whell on most stock suspension
have to say though that you might have problems with other stuff like the alighnment and the wheels rubbing the fenders , the specialized stuff often use different non factory steering geometrics so you can still drive somewat normaly when the air is almost out of the bags and be able to make a corner
you could even use leafsprings in the back as the linkage with helperbags if you take more then a few leafs out of them , prolly need to add calltracks to keep the leaf from winding up though

Oh yeah. I know. I am aware of what needs to be done to lay frame and so on. I'm just happy to see a build that looks this awesome, that didn't go to all those extremes. And a DD to boot. I know there are many others out there doing it on stock suspension. This was just one of the first ones I came across and thats a LWB. Just giving props where props are due. :chevy:

ajgriffin 05-19-2016 12:19 PM

Check out this thread C1ph3r: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...33#post7598233

There are a number of folks doing budget builds on the forum -- there are more of us with less money than those with more LOL. Search around, you'll dig some up.

C1ph3r 05-19-2016 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajgriffin (Post 7598237)
Check out this thread C1ph3r: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...33#post7598233

There are a number of folks doing budget builds on the forum -- there are more of us with less money than those with more LOL. Search around, you'll dig some up.

LOL! So true. Thanks for the heads up on that build. Just read the entire thing. Amazing what a little hard work can do for a truck. I have more time than I do money. So these types of builds are truly motivating and inspiring. :chevy: