The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Truck Audio (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Do you even listen to the radio in your truck? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=443377)

Fixwhataintbroke 02-01-2011 11:17 PM

Re: Do you even listen to the radio in your truck?

of course i do, i always play this song: (skip to 0:24)

mongoose 02-03-2011 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swamp rat (Post 4455907)
Ya know when i was younger i used to think loud music was good music, I used to sit for hours at a time with it cranked up at home and in the car or truck as the case may be.. Today, being 50 i have perminant tenitis (ringing) in my ears and quite a bit of high end hearing loss that gets worse every year even tho i now wear hearing protection both at work and even if i go to a concert. Trust me its not very fun. As much as i love music and still listen to it it would be a hell of a lot better if i could hear ALL of the music and not just 80% of it..

Sad but true.

by the time im 50 hopefully they'll have invented replacement inner ears... :metal:

swamp rat 02-03-2011 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mongoose (Post 4459038)
by the time im 50 hopefully they'll have invented replacement inner ears... :metal:

I'm beyond praying for the day! :lol:

lilpoindexter 02-03-2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swamp rat (Post 4455907)
Ya know when i was younger i used to think loud music was good music, I used to sit for hours at a time with it cranked up at home and in the car or truck as the case may be.. Today, being 50 i have perminant tenitis (ringing) in my ears and quite a bit of high end hearing loss that gets worse every year even tho i now wear hearing protection both at work and even if i go to a concert. Trust me its not very fun. As much as i love music and still listen to it it would be a hell of a lot better if i could hear ALL of the music and not just 80% of it..

Sad but true.

I've got a similar situation, I'm ten years younger...I have to turn the treble way down when i listen to any music because the high notes make the ringing worse...

BearFlagRepublic 02-04-2011 03:30 AM

I just installed the speakers today into my 69 and while it's nice to have the option of listening to something I would much rather just listen to the exhaust 95% of the time. Not to mention I can hardly hear the radio over the exhaust anyway.

ybnaford 02-04-2011 01:42 PM

Oh yeah!!!! I love my XM/SIRIUS stuff. Especially when I am driving long distances and don't have to channel surf to find a station. My early years were the 6x9's and EQ boosters under the dash with the dancing lights. Then graduated to my first subwoofers which were 8's. Then from there it got crazy with the bgiggest sytem I ever did was (4) 18" Subs which were Rockford Fosgates with all Boston Acoustic seperates being driven with USA amps in a 84' S-10 extended cab. That one could shake the windows and set off car alarms. It was not completely obnoxious but a very well balanced system for competition. Got out of the truely big boomers and custom installs to currently having a stock Bose system in my 04' with a Rockford Fosgate 300 watt amp driving (2) 10" subs that I am able to switch on or off depending on whether on not I want to jam or just enjoy the natural sound. I may getting hearing aids early. Duh Huh. :chevy:

stich626 02-05-2011 03:44 PM

yes radio, or ipod,c/d's
sorry it must be the country folk, that have no need for a radio and traffic reports..
for me it's like this.. My wife likes dance/hip hop and country..
I like those too. but rather here boston,V/H, dio,ozzy, molly hatchet,kiss,maiden,etc
and she outright hates guitar driven music(but loved country,go fig)
so the car/truck is the only place that I can crank up the tunes, and not hear"turn it down"
only other place is the garage,,
I love the sound of an engine, but.. rolling down the road with V/H is heaven

Gobbles 02-07-2011 05:14 PM

I hate when I don't have a radio to listen to. If I go to a show and have to drive a few hours on the freeway I hate listening to my exhaust howl the whole way, I like to listen to some tunes instead.

That said, cruising around town I like listening to the exhaust but for long drives with a steady sound, I need that radio.

swamp rat 02-07-2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stich626 (Post 4464537)
yes radio, or ipod,c/d's
sorry it must be the country folk, that have no need for a radio and traffic reports..
for me it's like this.. My wife likes dance/hip hop and country..
I like those too. but rather here boston,V/H, dio,ozzy, molly hatchet,kiss,maiden,etc
and she outright hates guitar driven music(but loved country,go fig)
so the car/truck is the only place that I can crank up the tunes, and not hear"turn it down"
only other place is the garage,,
I love the sound of an engine, but.. rolling down the road with V/H is heaven

We have some great taste in music... you and me.. :lol:

dmnall 02-07-2011 08:34 PM

I listen to music, I just put a complete system in my 94 K2500 since it is a 30 minuet plus drive and I had to get a nice system to play music through. When I finish the cab swap on my 68 SWB, I will be moving the amp and kicker from my long bed cab and definitely going to put a nice Alpine head unit in, except I will replace the 8 inch kicker with a 12 inch kicker comp in that truck as well as keep the Eclipse speakers from the long bed as well.

I love to listen to the engine as well especially during break in but after it is broken in, nice long drives I need some Metal to listen too!

Cheers,
Charlie

'72customdeluxe 02-07-2011 11:16 PM

Im my '05, yes. Even switched from the super 44 muffler to a duramax unit and will sound deaden to quiet it for the best sound possible. Need to replace the stock setup completely. Need a radio delete plate for my '72 though

D-Day 02-12-2011 12:55 AM

Radio? Who listens to that anymore? God knows I don't. Too much worthless crap and commercials and censorship. I use Sirius. I like being able to listen to the same station or talk show for 500 miles straight without worries of missing something good.

Driving is one of my favorite places to listen to music. Main times I don't is if I'm heavy traffic in an unfamiliar place, or trying to diagnose a problem.

Tom 02-21-2011 12:56 AM

The only thing better then flowmaster exhaust noise is flowmaster exhaust noise combined with metal on a thumpin sterio.

LostMy65 02-21-2011 01:14 AM

My truck has so much road noise right now, I couldn't if I wanted.

Brainchild 02-21-2011 07:23 PM

I like a nice blend of tunes,exhaust and tire whine

7111127 02-21-2011 09:31 PM

im big on bass so when i drive my truck i do but i got 5 tens

i just got a 70 gmc i gonna try 2 fit 2 tens in it somewhere lol

AceX 02-21-2011 09:56 PM

Only problem with using your motor to replace the radio is it always plays the same tune and the only thing you can adjust is the volume...