The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Tools, Shops and Shop Safety (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   my new shop here in Nova Scotia (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=817099)

mr.mud1 01-18-2021 01:07 AM

my new shop here in Nova Scotia

5 Attachment(s)
hi guys,we've just built a new shop here at the house we bought last summer in the little village and right across the road from where my dad was born.it's 64x32,has 12 1/2 ft ceilings,an upstairs storage area.2100 feet of pipe in the floor for the in-floor heat system.a new 10,000 pound Bendpak 2 post lift.lots of insulation and LED lights,inside and out.4 10x8 insulated garage doors from Haas Doors in Ohio.they were the nicest doors i could find and no more money than some of the junk i looked at.this is such an improvement from the small shop i worked in before,i don't know how to act?can't imagine it's mine but it is.i must've done something right??

mr.mud1 01-18-2021 01:11 AM

Re: my new shop here in Nova Scotia

5 Attachment(s)
more pics as we went along

mr.mud1 01-18-2021 01:25 AM

4 Attachment(s)
and a few more pics

mr.mud1 01-18-2021 01:36 AM

3 Attachment(s)
a few more pics.i wish my chevy truck was in these pictures but it's held up in Utah.i bought a 1972 C-20 Cheyenne Super big block truck with 74,000 miles,hauled a camper all it's life and in storage since 1997 when the old people stopped using it and eventually passed away.i bought the truck but with the covid mess,i can't go get it,so it waits there.i'm hoping by summer,things are better and i can get get it,or have it hauled to a friend in Ohio or Maine so it's closer for whenever i can get it home.lots to do in the mean time.no worries.it'll all work out.

Redneck Rydes 01-18-2021 09:36 AM

Beautiful shop.I understand your pain in not getting your truck home,I have 5 trucks in SC,we have a family farm down there and I spend my winters there,haven't been there since March,hope all this crap clears up soon

mr.mud1 01-18-2021 10:25 AM

thanks,it is a miserable mess but could always be worse i'm sure.we have friends in Ohio and the man there lost his brother to covid,so i moan about what we're going through but everybody is still healthy so that's all that matters i guess.this will pass.i'm working on my 39 Chysler,have to get the chassis done and then onto the rotten bottom in the body,my Dodge truck and my 67 impala wagon both need a little TLC so there's lots to do,to keep me out of trouble.take care.

Greg58 01-18-2021 02:28 PM

Great layout, plus a nice view!

Greg

67C10Step 01-18-2021 03:58 PM

Man, that is nice! Love that station wagon. Throw in the view and you got a super duper place to be.

mr.mud1 01-18-2021 07:32 PM

4 Attachment(s)
thanks guys,this is a dream come true.i planned what i wanted in the shop and how i wanted it layed out,had it drawn up,made a dozen changes as we went along and this is what we ended up with.the Atlantic ocean out the front and 8 acres out back and we have a B&B downstairs.i love it when a plan comes together.now if i could get my truck home from Utah,i'd have the world by the tail?it's all good.take care
thanks again.Greg

PGSigns 01-18-2021 08:39 PM

Very nice shop. They fill up fast don't they. I am a big fan of the wagon.
Jimmy

mr.mud1 01-18-2021 09:55 PM

Hi Jimmy,thanks.i'm goofy i guess,i've always loved wagons and 3/4 ton trucks.i have had several big block 3/4 ton chevy's but too stoopid to keep one.i have one now i bought a month or 2 ago but it's in Utah and til the covid mess calms down,i can't go get it but hopefully by summer??then it'll be time for an expansion,i'll be full.my wife's going to kill me.all the best.Greg