The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Hood cowl rubber attachment pin (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=813667)

44boggers 10-26-2020 05:46 AM

Hood cowl rubber attachment pin

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys. I’ve been looking but can’t seem to find this small part for the hood cowl. It’s the rubber clip that attaches the cowl to the cab. Anyone know where I can find this or have a few extras they can sell me.
Here is the picture for reference. It’s for my 83 c10

Thanks Paul
Posted via Mobile Device

TKCR 10-26-2020 09:22 AM

Re: Hood cowl rubber attachment pin

I was just out in the pic n pull yards Saturday. I knew there was something I needed to try and get. These things are hard to find. And I told myself the next time I was in the yards I would try and get some. Dang it! And there where 4 trucks, a lot was picked over, but I’m sure I could have gotten some.

Bloodhound 10-26-2020 01:27 PM

I've been looking as well.

44boggers 10-26-2020 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodhound (Post 8827455)
I've been looking as well.

Thanks guys. If someone is able to find a full set for me and willing to ship to Europe. I’ll pay for the labor as well.

Thanks
Paul
Posted via Mobile Device

TKCR 10-26-2020 05:44 PM

https://www.classicindustries.com/product/g10281.html

44boggers 10-26-2020 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKCR (Post 8827585)

Thanks, I will contact them. But it has said arriving soon for around 8 months now. Im not sure what their idea of soon is. But I will give them a call tomorrow and see whats up.

Thanks!

44boggers 10-26-2020 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKCR (Post 8827585)

They said that part is no longer available. So back to the search.

TKCR 10-26-2020 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 44boggers (Post 8827694)
They said that part is no longer available. So back to the search.

Well crap. I wish places that that would take them off their website if it’s no longer available.

44boggers 05-02-2021 04:06 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Just to follow up on this thread. I figured out a good solution. I bought some 4mm self tapping screws. I cut the screws to the length I needed and screwed the cowl pin to the cowl. It worked perfect and is very secure. You will also need to trim the "arrow" looking piece at the top of the pin since you now have the self tapper coming from the bottom up.

Another benefit to using the self tappers is you can leave them a little loose, then you can adjust the placement of the pin while it is on the truck, then you can fine tune the place of the cowl.

Paul

TKCR 05-02-2021 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 44boggers (Post 8915886)
Just to follow up on this thread. I figured out a good solution. I bought some 4mm self tapping screws. I cut the screws to the length I needed and screwed the cowl pin to the cowl. It worked perfect and is very secure. You will also need to trip the "arrow" looking piece at the top of the pin since you now have the self tapper coming from the bottom up.

Another benefit to using the self tappers is you can leave them a little loose, then you can adjust the placement of the pin while it is on the truck, then you can fine tune the place of the cowl.

Paul

:metal:good idea!

rodstored-72 05-10-2021 12:12 PM

related question, are these what is used to attach to the "firewall" area of the truck or just at the windshield area? I am looking for what is used to attach the cowl panel to the firewall area?

44boggers 05-10-2021 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodstored-72 (Post 8919206)
related question, are these what is used to attach to the "firewall" area of the truck or just at the windshield area? I am looking for what is used to attach the cowl panel to the firewall area?

This is what attaches the cowl to the windshield area.

The cowl is attached to the firewall area just with screws. Or what exactly are you referring to? Attach a picture please.

Bloodhound 05-10-2021 12:37 PM

So my body guy who abandoned the job mid way through apparently removed and lost these pins from my cowl. I ended up finding a mint used one that still has them. Is there anything supposed to be in the holes in the cab where these push into, or do these just push straight into the cab holes?

44boggers 05-10-2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodhound (Post 8919213)
So my body guy who abandoned the job mid way through apparently removed and lost these pins from my cowl. I ended up finding a mint used one that still has them. Is there anything supposed to be in the holes in the cab where these push into, or do these just push straight into the cab holes?

they just push right into those holes. They are basically alignment pins for the cowl.

Bloodhound 05-10-2021 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 44boggers (Post 8919218)
they just push right into those holes. They are basically alignment pins for the cowl.

Great thanks.

rodstored-72 05-11-2021 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 44boggers (Post 8919209)
This is what attaches the cowl to the windshield area.

The cowl is attached to the firewall area just with screws. Or what exactly are you referring to? Attach a picture please.

44boggers, that is what I was looking for too, do you by chance know what kind of screws (type, size, length??) are used to attach the cowl to the firewall? mine were missing when bought the truck - luckily I have all the pins as mentioned above. hoping to not have to by expensive screws from LMC if can be helped..

44boggers 05-11-2021 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodstored-72 (Post 8919473)
44boggers, that is what I was looking for too, do you by chance know what kind of screws (type, size, length??) are used to attach the cowl to the firewall? mine were missing when bought the truck - luckily I have all the pins as mentioned above. hoping to not have to by expensive screws from LMC if can be helped..

I will measure them for you and send a picture. But they are not anything special.

rodstored-72 05-11-2021 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 44boggers (Post 8919474)
I will measure them for you and send a picture. But they are not anything special.

44 boggers, that would be VERY appreciated!:metal: I am hoping that the screws could be found at likes of ACE or similar box store...

thank you again!;)

44boggers 05-11-2021 06:02 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 44boggers (Post 8919474)

Here you go, they are basically self tapping screws.
Posted via Mobile Device

rodstored-72 05-12-2021 10:38 AM

boggers, THANK YOU! I know it is a effort to take pics & post them as I have learned from my build page...:lol: that is exactly what I was needing to know;)

thank you again & hopefully this info might help someone else in the future:ito:

44boggers 05-12-2021 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodstored-72 (Post 8919923)
boggers, THANK YOU! I know it is a effort to take pics & post them as I have learned from my build page...:lol: that is exactly what I was needing to know;)

thank you again & hopefully this info might help someone else in the future:ito:

All good buddy, glad I can be of some use. I mean, this is really why these forums were created.

TKCR 04-04-2024 09:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I know this is an old thread, but for anyone that’s still looking. I have a buddy that parts trucks and literally saves every usable part.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/36475147639...mis&media=COPY

Bloodhound 04-04-2024 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKCR (Post 9301453)
I know this is an old thread, but for anyone that’s still looking. I have a buddy that parts trucks and literally saves every usable part.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/36475147639...mis&media=COPY

I actually bought a cowl vent I didn't need from a guy last year just cause I needed those pins and couldn't find them anywhere else.

65chevysub 04-13-2024 07:01 AM

I guess I got lucky. They are all still attached and in good shape on my 84 Sierra 2500.