The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Member Dealings (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   A Shout Out for CG (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=782684)

Ironhorse 03-04-2019 06:13 PM

A Shout Out for CG

4 Attachment(s)
Just wanted to put this out there for board members to assure them there are some really great people on the truck board. Thought about placing this in the Member Review section but here it should get a better exposure and read.

Recently, about three weeks ago, "CG" aka Mark way out in the NW Washington state purchased a 70's CB unit from me. Weather turned nasty in the NW, Mark had weather and other things to deal with and I received a PM saying he would be a bit slow to send payment since I don't do Paypal. Replied it was not a problem and to take care of business that was more pressing first. Got a PM from him just the other day saying payment was on the way tucked inside a "package" with some items he thought I "might" like.
Wow, what a understatement for sure!

Below are the pics of what he sent me. Two truly remarkable in detail die cast '57 Chevrolet cars he has had for.........years I'm sure! One is from Danbury Mint and one is from Franklin Mint. Attention to detail is fabulous and they will surely take a place of honor in my die cast curio cabinet.

Don't quite know what to say other than to say "Thank You so much Mark!"

Have thought for a long time there are some truly great people on this truck forum and again this confirms that thought. Ironhorse aka Gary B.

Ol Blue K20 03-04-2019 07:02 PM

Re: A Shout Out for CG

That's an Awesome gesture. Cool models too.

GOPAPA 03-04-2019 07:16 PM

thx for sharing Ironhorse ,,CG (Mark) is tops in my book.. the only beaf I have with him is that he would not send me his address so I could send him something for the License Plates he sent me.. acually it's no beaf,, I just wanted to send him something ,,for the fun of it,,,,,,,,, as I know he has told me he DOES NOT WANT ANYTHING FOR THE LICENCE PLATES.. :) loud and clear ..

Palf70Step 03-04-2019 07:53 PM

:metal: on the interesting things and CG

LockDoc 03-04-2019 08:33 PM

-
Yep, great guy for sure. I met him in person a couple of years ago. Also LiveRat and PICKMUP. All great members on here.....

Those are some neat detailed models.

LockDoc

CG 03-04-2019 10:46 PM

Now don't do like my 6 year old grand son does with the cars I give him ... Smash up derby! Glad you like em, I know they went to a good home =)

BTW I have a Jim Beam 57 Chevy decanter too, never broken the seal. Ive had it for a long time, my guess is 30 years plus.

I have three younger brothers and when there is only one of us left, that brother will have a drink.

FleetsidePaul 03-05-2019 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 8479963)
Now don't do like my 6 year old grand son does with the cars I give him ... Smash up derby!

That's what you're supposed to do when you're 6 years old. :lol:

Very nice gesture BTW. :metal:

Liz 03-05-2019 11:38 AM

I do agree.. CG is a huge asset to our community.