The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   SMS Auto Fabrics in Canby, Oregon????? Good or Bad??? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=388687)

72freak 02-24-2010 04:38 PM

SMS Auto Fabrics in Canby, Oregon????? Good or Bad???

I was searching for some material and have been told by these folks that they have what I need. During the same search I have been told by other auto fabric vendors to stay away from SMS. There is also some bad stuff about them on the net.

Has anyone delt with them? Anyone local to this shop?

sdailey 02-24-2010 04:55 PM

Re: SMS Auto Fabrics in Canby, Oregon????? Good or Bad???

I have no personal experience with them myself, but here are a few threads about them that may help.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=375068

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=330894

Also, I think member stllookn has dealt with them before if I'm not mistaken.
Edit: He has, read post #15 in the thread below.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=258404

72freak 02-24-2010 07:06 PM

Here are someof the problems that have been mentioned here and there....

Customers waiting over a year for their material after they paid for it
Receiving wrong materials
Receiving flawed stained materials
Receving materials in several small unuseable pieces
Bait and switch

I would really like to find someone close by and see if they will go pick up the material and send it to me.

Brad 02-28-2010 12:59 PM

Hey, I just noticed this thread and I'd be happy to help out. I'm about 30 miles away and I actually need to take a visit to them to look at some material. Let me know how I can help.

72freak 02-28-2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad (Post 3830739)
Hey, I just noticed this thread and I'd be happy to help out. I'm about 30 miles away and I actually need to take a visit to them to look at some material. Let me know how I can help.

Thanks....I have heard more bad than good about them.....I have a friend that is a little closer and she is supposed to go for me....PM me your contact info and we might be able to put something together.

72freak 02-28-2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad (Post 3830739)

Thanks....I have heard more bad than good about them.....I have a friend that is a little closer and she is supposed to go for me....PM me your contact info and we might be able to put something together if she is not able to go.

jaros44sr 03-06-2010 12:18 AM

Thanks for the info., I was going to buy some stuff from them in the near future. Guess I had better keep an I on things

Musclerodz 03-06-2010 01:03 AM

I have never heard anything bad when getting just material. The issue has always been when they were making covers, or doing the covering themselves. I have heard of them taking over a year when that was the case. I have bought material a couple times from them with no issues

72freak 03-06-2010 01:51 PM

I supposedly have someone going by there soon to get my material. I will see what I end up with.

special-K 03-11-2010 08:53 PM

They are second to none.That`s all I know.

72freak 04-02-2010 07:57 AM

I have my hands on the upholstery.It looks good!

72freak 04-02-2010 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musclerodz (Post 3842590)
The issue has always been when they were making covers, or doing the covering themselves. I have heard of them taking over a year when that was the case. I have bought material a couple times from them with no issues

I am starting to believe this is what all of the internet chatter is about. While my friend was there she said the phone didnt stop ringing and she could hear them say "These things take time, I know how long I told you, restorations take time, its almost ready"

I am pleased with the material that I got.

Brad 04-02-2010 12:08 PM

It's good to hear that it worked out for you!

HenryXP 10-27-2010 04:57 AM

Does anyone have an email address for SMS Auto Fabrics? Their web-site isn't working and I would like to enquire about getting some fabric samples sent to me in Australia. Cheers!

dlathem 12-06-2014 10:24 AM

I know this is an old thread, but wanted to add my $.02. I paid them > $300 for a set of carpet that I found out stockinteriors.com sells for $159. They order their carpet sets from ACC in Anniston, AL, the same as everyone else online. When I emailed them questioning their pricing and requesting they match the price or give me a refund, they were unwilling and absolutely rude. I've learned that the way to order carpet is to get samples from ACC then shop online for the best price.

Blue/72 12-28-2014 02:33 AM

I have had great luck with them. I have their materials in 4 of my cars.

chewychevy67 12-30-2014 08:24 AM

I agree that they are slow. They made a mistake on my headliner but no hassle to fix. Their work is beautiful and worth the wait. I ordered my interior when i started my build cause i heard they were slow/busy so i would have it ready.

C-10cutty 03-14-2015 07:50 AM

SMS happened to be the only vendor to carry the factory material and vinyl for my '66 F-85. They were recommended to me by the shop that's doing my seats. Hope this works out.

1963c-10 03-31-2015 09:24 AM

I used them for my material on my 63 deluxe seat. I had no issues with shipping or customer service. Material arrived within two weeks of paying and was great!!