The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Looks like shes leaving me tomorrow (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=486970)

'63GENIII 09-30-2011 10:14 PM

Looks like shes leaving me tomorrow

Pretty bummed out. The economy has forced me to sell the '63. After buying it in Oregon in '08, driving it part way home and trailered the rest. The countless hours (that only people here would understand) of "getting it right" to where I could drive it anywhere at any time and time spent looking for the right parts are what I'm remembering as well as all the good times my kids and I had in it . The guy is supposed to come tomorrow at 10, I'm hoping that unemployment starts paying double by then ha ha! Anyway sorry for the rant, just figured that if anyone would understand, it would be the folks on this forum whom have helped me get her to the fine shape she's in. Thanks for all the help over the last few years and I hope to be back soon with a new truck when things get better. Again many many thanks! Chris

pdxhall 09-30-2011 10:31 PM

Re: Looks like shes leaving me tomorrow

I'm really sorry to hear you have to sell your truck. I understand your situation because I have been unemployed for quite some time and I keep hoping something will come up before I might be forced to do the same thing. Good luck in finding a job in this f$@%ed up economy. Hopefully you'll be able to get another truck someday.

'63GENIII 09-30-2011 10:37 PM

Thanks pdx. This whole thing is freakin' killin' me, but I try to keep remembering that the family's healthy and maybe because of this, the holidays won't be so stressful this year. I hope all of our situations improve here soon!

KIC 09-30-2011 10:43 PM

Sorry to hear of your loss of metal. Hang in there. Hopefully soon things will be at a point that you can pick up another one. You should tell the guy you would like first right of refusal should things change for him and he decides to sell it.

scotts62 09-30-2011 11:20 PM

Ya that sucks but we do what we have to do sometimes :(

Just because the truck is gone doesnt mean you have to leave ;)

smilts60 09-30-2011 11:24 PM

That really sux Im sorry to hear it for you. I was recently off work for awhile and do some things that were really sucky sold 2 mustangs. I had worked on for a long time and were nearly finished.

A.T. RockDriller 09-30-2011 11:37 PM

I'm cryin' for ya'.
Really.

Captainfab 10-01-2011 12:56 AM

Very sorry to hear this. I wish you the best of luck finding employment. I have to agree with Scott....just because you had to sell your truck doesn't mean you can't still hang out here.

'63GENIII 10-01-2011 02:32 AM

Thanks guys. I'm not totaly down and out I still have the '62... a non original 4x4 but she's better than not having a knee knocker at all. What's worse though is that after hearing that the work outlook is bleaker than I originally thought, I may have to sell the Harley that I restored in '98. I'm coming to the realization that as long as we have the minimum that we are doing ok. The toys come and go. I'm lucky to have my family in good health and bills paid. I will still lurk around and hopefully if and when the '62 makes it's debut I will have learned how to post pics! Thanks again for keeping me in good spirits!

KroAutomotiveInc 10-01-2011 04:30 AM

im sorry to hear that your having to sell your truck it takes a labor of love to make these things drive down the road i hope i never have to sell mine!

1972GMCSUB 10-01-2011 05:13 AM

Hey Chris, I know how you feel. I recently sold my '40 Merc convertible. So true though like you said about the family, my children and wife are great and healthy and that's what matters most. Wish you the best, Chris

Clyde65 10-01-2011 11:15 AM

Im very sorry for your direction you are needing to take, however in the back of my mind would be the comfort of at least you have something to sell and help your self/family. Some cant even sell their toys, depending on where you are. I have friends of friends who cant sell their home or toy, since the dad lost his job. it will probably go back and mess up their credit. sad to know all this is going on just because some folks were told they could afford a home and in the end the mortgage people were just trying to scam us all.

ChiefRocka 10-01-2011 11:21 AM

Your not to far from me....

You have to do what you have to do !!

I had to sell my first truck, the '63 Rockabilly. It's what got me here in the first place.

It had to go in order to place the wife and kids in a nicer home !!

The next one will be that much better !!

;)

aerotruk63 10-01-2011 01:03 PM

No need to leave the forum, it's not all about what you got, it's more about what your willing to share. March of this year I had $75.00 to my name, found this job and I'm out of debt now and starting to see black instead of red. First time in many years. Things will swing back you'll see.

'63GENIII 10-01-2011 02:56 PM

Thanks for the kind words. I still choose to think that I'm very lucky. Clyde you are absolutely right and although its bittersweet I really do hope that the truck sells to hopefully keep the boat afloat. John I've watched the Chief and may have almost cried myself when it went. I still have the butchered '62 if the path takes me that way and I will take what I've learned here into that project. Aerotruck, there is no way I'm leaving this forum... there is just way too much to learn here and you post some of the coolest factory info that I never knew even existed.

'63GENIII 10-04-2011 02:33 AM

Well I guess an update of sorts is in order. After 3 months on CL and no interest. I started reducing the price and you guessed it got a whole bunch of interest. From the guy in Texas who had clients all over the states who were interested in "my vehicle for sale", to the guy in Nigeria who had an aquaintance who owed him money and wanted me to cash a check or something like that to a few other scams I kept weeding through to a few "serious" buyers. I finally got it down to two guys that seemed for real when on Saturday, one of them pulls the surprise lowball move which I respectfully declined. On Monday, the other guy sends a text that he's real sorry but he can't pull the trigger. Normally I'd be pretty disapointed b/c I really do need the money ,but now I'm just thinking it just wasn't meant to be. Everyone around me has told me not to sell it and I'm thinking they are seeing something that I don't. I guess I just have to find a different way of trying to ride out this economy. I took a pic of the kids in the truck when I brought it back home and the look on their faces makes me think that keeping it may be the right thing to do. Thanks to everyone who offered good words and advice through this last week... I think I've got a different perspective now. Now... to go out and find that damn job and figure out what to do with the '62!

Clyde65 10-04-2011 09:55 AM

I wish the best for you and your family! some times when something happens, or doesnt I tend to think it is just the way it is supposed to be and even I cant screw it up.

'63GENIII 10-04-2011 10:44 AM

"and even I cant screw it up"

Exactly. Just gonna see where this takes us.

jimmydean 10-04-2011 11:56 AM

Good luck, dude.

I know I have been there more than once. Nothing hurts me more than selling a project (my '69, my R1, my Buell...) But projects come and go, family is forever. There are always trucks to build later when the dust settles.

MalibuKasey 10-04-2011 01:07 PM

POst some pics.... so we can help Morn your loss.

1Bad62Pro/Street 10-04-2011 03:51 PM

She will be missed Bud....
We are here for you!
http://tjhs1958.com/flagthalfmast.gif
http://images21.fotki.com/v756/photo...nSalute-vi.jpg
http://www.pacaf.af.mil/shared/media...-6729T-219.jpg

fryer1979 10-05-2011 03:45 AM

To be perfectly honest, that Harley will probably fetch quite a bit more cash than selling your truck would. I would be quick to unload a bike before I got rid of my truck (especially reading about your seeming family attachment to the truck), but then again I'm not a motorcycle person by any stretch. Best of luck to you, and as much as I hate to see someone sell their project, I do understand we have to do what we have to do for our families.