The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Scrap yard truck official build thread (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=279503)

Bus Ted Knuckle 02-20-2008 11:35 AM

Scrap yard truck official build thread

2 Attachment(s)
I have had this truck for a year now, been chipping away at it slowly...OH SO slowly. When I first got it, I swapped to five lug power discs with 72 spindles on my 69 a-arms, and a whole 72 rear end. The old motor was TIRED, so I swapped in a low mile goodwrench 350. I also put new seals in the trany while I had the motor out.

My plans are to have a reliable, fun, beater that I can knock around in.

I know it may not intrest many of you because it is not a high-dollar bling build, but I am stoked up about it. I just got the motor installed this weekend, so hopefully I'll be on the road pretty soon.

here is a link to the thread I posted when I bought it:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=227781

and here is a pic out of the shop, and one with the new motor installed:

Rokcrln 02-20-2008 12:00 PM

Re: Scrap yard truck official build thread

Looks like a clean starter truck.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

toomanytoyz 02-20-2008 12:13 PM

Bill,

Look's Pretty Good, As far as a Build goes, As long as you do it to suit your need's is Really all that Matter's. Good Luck with it & I'll be Watching & Rooting for you................

Rick

Bus Ted Knuckle 03-29-2008 04:40 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I've made lots of progress in the last month. I installed a crate 350, replaced every seal that could be replaced, completed the brakes, straightened out the electrical problems, and put it all back together. I have been driving it around town for a week or so, it is a ton of fun, and people always wave and want to talk to me about it when I stop. Check out the antique tag I got for it;). Still have some little things to fix, like a radiator leak and the gas gauge, but for now I'm just having a blast driving it.

Of course I do have all of the body work left...but Like I said, I'm just going to drive it a while.

Bus Ted Knuckle 03-29-2008 04:41 AM

4 Attachment(s)
More pics

AGRV8D 03-29-2008 05:26 AM

what happened to the low mileage goodwrench motor?

lookin good bro keep going

72BlckButy 03-29-2008 05:31 AM

Lookin' good Bill!

Bus Ted Knuckle 03-29-2008 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGRV8D (Post 2650214)
what happened to the low mileage goodwrench motor?

lookin good bro keep going

It is one and the same! Sorry for the confusion. It is a goodwrench crate motor that I have have had for years. We installed the motor in another truck and never ran it much at all...couple thousand miles maybe.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Boog 03-29-2008 06:04 AM

There ya go Bill. She's a running. I'm more about drivin em than high polish finishes too.

wibilly 03-29-2008 06:48 AM

i agree would rather see the trucks being driven. looking good

Bus Ted Knuckle 04-11-2008 04:19 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I put new tires on ol stinky last weekend, got a heck of a deal on these wrangler LT's at my the wally mart. I also put the old caps and rings back on till I can get some better looking ones. I also installed the most important part...my diamond plate tool box. Ya'll know this truck is a worker, I took a pic of us at Lowes doing a lumber run, I hadn't even washed off my blue letters yet.

Oh, I also put on an old step bumper that I had for towing and rear-end protection duty.

Enjoy:

hotrod 80 04-25-2008 03:09 AM

I like it .