The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=253)
-   -   Project Stupid Move - A rebuild for the Boy (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=596063)

mud.man.rj 01-18-2015 12:51 AM

Re: Project Stupid Move - A rebuild for the Boy

Nothing like a 67-72 K truck, my favorite. Also the power to weight ratio of a small block in an S type truck is pretty fun, I have a V8 S10 shortbox too.

Bomp 01-18-2015 11:34 AM

Might turn Punching bag into a mini-wood hauler trailer.....hmmm

Dang, nice score on the Blazer. I vote is to get it into the weeds.
this looks like it could get fun real quick.

mud.man.rj 01-18-2015 03:25 PM

Could drift it better if in the weeds a bit more.

Low Elco 01-27-2015 11:43 AM

Damn, that's solid! I drove a dropped 4 door version for years. Good job! I'm working on a name.

Low Elco 01-27-2015 02:03 PM

Oh, a name. Hmmmm... how 'bout... The hotbox! The Apartment! Shaggin' Wagon! Bootie Scooter! The Flyin' Dime!

jlsanborn 01-27-2015 08:35 PM

He's savin his nickels for some drop spindles, springs and such. We towed it on a rope just like it is. No engine, trans, or SHOCKS. Dumping snow in the dark all the way across town. That was a fun ride :lol: "Follow me" I always say.

He's talkin automatic now as his NV3500 has seen better days (all those days before Knuckles got it). I wish he'd stick with the manual. I just think the 2wd Blazer in a close ratio five speed would be killer.

I'll run the name suggestions by him. Flyin' Dime would be cool!

Trixxterr 01-27-2015 08:53 PM

Five speed, hopped up blazer is badass. I'd rock that. And I HATE driving stick as a daily.

Low Elco 02-09-2015 01:59 PM

Well? He young! He got a lotta energy! Best be somethin' happenin' up in here!

Mcgaughy spindles and 2" blocks, $202.63 to your door from Grunion Fabrication in AZ. Best Mcgaughy prices anywhere, just in case someone had, I dunno, a nice shiny new truck they wanted to do something with......

jlsanborn 02-10-2015 04:24 PM

Thanks for the tip on the parts! I'll point him that way. That fancy clutch is already roached, don't know what's going on there but he's hell bent on TH350 now.

No touchy shiny new truck. I'd love to put better tunes in there but need that $$$ for C10. Would also love to get it tuned but powertrain warranty is good until 11/17. I did get that Range AFM delete dealio (awesome), Rough Country leveling kit and pulled all the accessory stuff off. Got the running boards sold for $200. Ordered an OEM take off fuel door that'll be here tomorrow. That's it!

jlsanborn 02-17-2015 08:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Summit dampener...

jlsanborn 02-17-2015 08:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Shorter mufflers maybe?

Honestly, it's a totally valid gripe and I wish it wasn't anonymous so I could go apologize. I've been on his azz about just that. Dishes in the cupboards rattle around, clock falls off the wall. It's bad. The other day he stops and does a brake stand right in front of the neighbors house, which is like 20' from the road. I'z pissed.

jlsanborn 02-17-2015 08:48 PM

mud.man.rj 02-17-2015 09:53 PM

Well you have to appreciate the fair warning, my neighbors just called the cops instead when I was a kid.

Low Elco 02-18-2015 01:56 PM

Ommmmmeeeeeeee..... too much vroom vroom! Wait'll they hear the big 'un!

Low Elco 03-12-2015 11:28 AM

So, we need updates! How's Knuckles coming with this whole deal?

jlsanborn 03-14-2015 08:24 PM

5 Attachment(s)
He plucked the motor and put it on a stand. Sucker was running way-lean and he's gonna need valve guides AGAIN before he whaps it back together. Trans is on Craigslist, Lincoln Locker is behind the shop, few other ticky-tacky parts saved, rest went to re-melt for the tune of $53. Grandpa handed down the '75 Silverado before it's time while he saves the moolah to make the Blazer. I HAD dibs on the perfect original front bumper. Getting jackazz hours at the hotdog stand and I'm riding his azz about a tech program down at the college. Now he's running around with some GIRL! Ugh!

Bomp 03-14-2015 08:35 PM

Nice bumper but dang thats got some holes.
And don't he know them girls has ticks

mud.man.rj 03-14-2015 09:02 PM

Fooled me with the 75, looked great from the front...then the side view ruined it for me.:lol:

Low Elco 03-16-2015 08:25 AM

Girl? Aw hell, it's all over now!

Low Elco 04-30-2015 01:18 PM

What's the update, Johnny?

jlsanborn 04-30-2015 04:14 PM

Boy been working his azz off at his new job (American Engine and Machine). He's like a pig in sh!t man! First payday is today and he'll be dropping most of that into the Blazer. His motor is back together but still needs push rods. Looking at a TH350 I imagine.

jlsanborn 05-18-2015 12:51 AM

Well, that didn't last long. He ran the snot out of the thing, lost a lobe and the thrust bearing in the mains. He's got a roller Vortec on the stand, ready to build but needs to do heads too. Forced to drop the nice motor in until he can get it done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gJMMDoAZaY

Low Elco 05-20-2015 01:16 PM

Good thing he's learning to rebuild engines- he's gonna need it!

jlsanborn 05-20-2015 04:59 PM

Well, nice motor has a valve problem at #6 so the heads came off last night. He's using the Crummy to get to work. Hope he can afford to put gas in that sucker AND get something of his own to run again :uhmk:

jlsanborn 09-12-2015 07:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, still rocking the Crummy but he's almost there.

Vortec block, 638 @ 0.030" overbore
Vortec heads (906) with 6.0L valves (2.00 x 1.55), 7/16" screw in studs and some mild port work.
Little decking, 0.028" gaskets and flat top pistons for about 0.039" squish and 10.2:1
LS6/9 beehive springs
Comp roller rockers 1.6:1
Comp Cams hyd roller XR282HR
Marine style single roller timing set
Performer RPM air gap intake

Just measured for pushrod length, we should hear this sucker next week!