The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Member Dealings (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   payed no delivery what next (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=287198)

houndstooth 04-11-2008 07:01 AM

payed no delivery what next

bought item from member in november have not rec'd .....acording to usps shipper has to trace ..but is out of town or wont return my emails or is not interested in helping .. any sugestions ?? any body??

Sillyoldman 04-11-2008 07:10 AM

Re: payed no delivery what next

Maybe PM a mod with some more details. They may be able to help. It would be more productive having a mediator as opposed to calling out another member publically. Good luck.

CG 04-11-2008 07:44 AM

I agree with Silly, PM a mod. I just noticed you joined the board in Jan but you bought from a member in November?

I hope it wasnt me lol, Im still holding on to some stuff thats been paid for, waiting for the members to contact me to pick it up.

Palf70Step 04-11-2008 12:23 PM

Send Josh or Liz an e-mail and let them know the specifics about what is going on.

Liz 04-11-2008 01:55 PM

nope, use the bad review forum and state your case there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/f...play.php?f=122

we do not handle bad deals anymore unless the review area is of no help.

when posting there, provide proof, state facts and do not flame. If you do not wish to do that, call the local police in the sellers area and report them.

72lb4x4 04-11-2008 01:55 PM

Good way to start talking about it even though it seems the other side is (or seems to be) neglecting you. They may be behind or have personal trouble.

Be prepared for the worst though (while hoping for the best). Good luck!

Don't let it sour you on the rest. Most have good dealings here.

special-K 04-11-2008 02:21 PM

Houndstooth joined while John (ESL) was in the hospital and was our only link.I`d imagine John pointed the part out to Houndstooth.
Take your shot in the Review Board and see what it scares up.Good luck.

houndstooth 04-11-2008 04:49 PM

my mistake bought in feb. thks for help i was more intersted if any one knew of another option for me to trace package . in case seller cant or wont i will let it ride a bit more he may be away or something...esil is back in hospital not doing so good again

corn 04-12-2008 03:07 AM

It wouldnt hurt to at least post there with a few details & their board name. I'd like to avoid giving any of my money to someone that doesnt send parts I paid for...

67ChevyRedneck 04-12-2008 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houndstooth (Post 2672031)
esil is back in hospital not doing so good again

Oh no :(

houndstooth 04-12-2008 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corn (Post 2672786)
It wouldnt hurt to at least post there with a few details & their board name. I'd like to avoid giving any of my money to someone that doesnt send parts I paid for...

no no ni'm sure he is busy with some thing... i know he sent it just havent got it and shipper is only one who can trace . so i will wait a little longer

Sillyoldman 04-12-2008 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houndstooth (Post 2672888)
no no ni'm sure he is busy with some thing... i know he sent it just havent got it and shipper is only one who can trace . so i will wait a little longer

If it was shipped via ups, fedex or dhl ask the seller for a tracking number and use the carriers website to view its status. If it was shipped usps you may not have a tracking nuber unless delivery confirmation was addded.

houndstooth 05-04-2008 06:34 AM

tink screw any body else

made deal on carb feb 13 paid in full plus shipping still waiting for carb claims lost in shipping and shipper is the only one that can trace .no help from shipper so far

Liz 05-07-2008 03:26 AM

Re: tink screw any body else

could you please use a few more facts and complete sentences. I am not trying to hate, as I know the jist of your side, its just that this post makes no sense what so ever.

Please keep emotion out and facts in :)

houndstooth 05-07-2008 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz (Post 2710359)
could you please use a few more facts and complete sentences. I am not trying to hate, as I know the jist of your side, its just that this post makes no sense what so ever.

Please keep emotion out and facts in :)

simple sentences... bought item from tink in feb. i have not rec'd..... i can not trace shipment i have tried only shipper can trace . shipper does not appear to want to help trace shippment.. it is now may .. feb - may seems a little bit long for shipping if you need more info plse let me know
thks for your interest

Liz 05-07-2008 07:23 PM

I am sure tink will reply, but the message that was forwarded to me shows her offering you a refund due to her being unable to get this information, that the trace was submitted but that Canada (customs) has 60 days to reply.

Is there more to this? As it stands, that is not being screwed by a member but by customs, as the member offered to refund your money.

Josh 05-07-2008 07:27 PM

Customs has taken more than 2 months before, I've purchased things off e-bay that have taken over 6 months to clear... If she has proof of shipment then it is no longer her responsibility. To prevent delays deal within your countries borders otherwise expect the possibility of long delays....

Tink 05-08-2008 01:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have called the USPS and requested an "Inquiry about a Registered Article or an Insured Parcel or an Ordinary Parcel,"

From www.usps.com:

Quote:

The information you provide will be directed to the appropriate Foreign Postal Administration. The results of the inquiry will be shared with you in writing after they have completed their investigation.
The way they do this is to file a report and send it to Canada, then Canada has 60 days to respond. Once the USPS receives a response, they will send it to me in writing. So, as I have said in PMs it could take quite a while. I don't know what else I can do here... I've offered a refund, which could potentially screw me because you still may get the carb.

I've attached my receipts from the USPS...

special-K 05-10-2008 06:52 AM

I`ve had diesel injector cores sent to Saskatoon tied up in customs for months before.This tied up my money (about $300) and nothing either side could do.Also,ours and your post office can only trace up to and from customs.Basically,it goes through three hands independant of each other after it leaves sender`s hands.
As far as Tink screwing anyone on the board.She`s been here two years longer than me and almost 6 years longer than you and I`ve never heard of any bad dealings.I think you can trust her.Are you sure she has actually screwed you?I`m sorry how your deal has gone.
I had a package sent from California take two months to arrive,no customs,only one postal system.I had cut my losses.Then it arrived looking like it just left,except the date was 2 months old.That sender left it all up to me to trace or do anything about it.He seemed to not be concerned what so ever if I got what he recieved money for.Are you saying this is how you are being treated?
Take a look at my thread in this area titled,"Perspective",it may help.

houndstooth 06-17-2008 10:49 PM

any body know how to contact tink

bought and paid for carb from tink.. never rec'd been 4 months sent mess 3 weeks ago no reply .i have no info she is tracking shipment . last answer was you might get carb and if i returned money then i have nothing ,...well i sent money and never rec'd carb , if i sent money i would think i'm more trustworthy then some one that has'nt delivered carb. please dont tell me it takes 6 months to deliver to canada i have ordered and rec'd at least 50 shipments in 3 weeks or less.

Liz 06-17-2008 11:52 PM

Re: any body know how to contactn tink

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=290393

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tink (Post 2711835)
I have called the USPS and requested an "Inquiry about a Registered Article or an Insured Parcel or an Ordinary Parcel,"

From www.usps.com:

The way they do this is to file a report and send it to Canada, then Canada has 60 days to respond. Once the USPS receives a response, they will send it to me in writing. So, as I have said in PMs it could take quite a while. I don't know what else I can do here... I've offered a refund, which could potentially screw me because you still may get the carb.

I've attached my receipts from the USPS...
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...1&d=1210226062

tink has not been on the site since 5/28 hope all is well with her

houndstooth 06-18-2008 08:56 AM

Re: any body know how to contact tink

thks for your interest liz ...if she has offered me a refund i would'nt be looking for her now and no she would'nt be screwed if i ever rec'd carb because if she is really tracking it she would know if i rec'd it . i sent her money in good faith trusting her yet she wouldn't trust me to send money back to her if i ever got carb ???
thks
houndstooth

Liz 06-18-2008 12:22 PM

she offered you a refund in the post as well as PM, as it was fwd to me back then. I am not trying to argue with you. She has not been on the site since the end of may, so there is not much more I can do.
She posted the receipts, explained what was up and others posted saying they had similar situations where customs took months.
I am very sorry your parts are not there, but I dont see how anyone else can do anything other then wait on customs.. The receipts are right here in the post.

68 short step 06-18-2008 01:47 PM

hate to say it, but dont buy something as petty as a carb from another country....

LockDoc 06-18-2008 02:21 PM

-
Also, NEVER buy anything and send money without getting personal contact information from the seller.... Period.

LockDoc