The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Lost My 65 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=426650)

scottofksu 01-27-2012 09:15 AM

Re: Lost My 65

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMurphy (Post 5135803)
I feel your pain.
My first classic was a '66 Tempest Custom, no post coupe.
100% original with only 73k on the odometer. Still had the original bumper jack, hub caps and 230ci Overhead Cam 6.

Parked it in a storage lot in Colorado Springs when I got my orders to go to Korea.
Someone rented the space next to my car, came in and pulled it out, then closed their account. I didnt even know it had happened until 1.5 months after the fact when the storage lot stopped billing me. We called to find out why and they said "Because you pulled your car out..."

I still call and update my police report every time I move, just in case it is ever recovered the Police can find me.

That was winter of 2001.

This was a photo shoot I did with it a year before it was stolen.
You know you have to get up before dawn and get to the lake in the dark and wait in order for the water to be this still??
LOL
I didnt know that until I was researching on how to make this pic.

I'm not a fan of the death penalty, but in this case I could turn a blind eye. Just horrible... Thank you for your service though!

chevy_man5 01-27-2012 09:31 AM

Re: What is this Truck?

Good Luck!!!

shawno72 01-27-2012 09:36 AM

Let us know the outcome either way.
Posted via Mobile Device

LostMy65 01-31-2012 06:47 AM

That Truck in question is surely my old 65.
The owner sent me a reply thru email along with some pics.
Here is a pic he took of it back in 2004:
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...004noplate.jpg

LostMy65 01-31-2012 06:48 AM

Here is a pic he took last year:
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...1noplate-1.jpg

LostMy65 01-31-2012 06:59 AM

It looks as if the Buddy Buckets aren't in it any more - what you see on the drivers side is just a seat pad. :(
Also, by the pic taken last year, it looks as if it has been really let go.
He did say he swapped out the wheels to what it has now.
I'm tentatively going to go see it Wednesday afternoon.
Honestly, I'm not too concerned about getting it back anymore.
My 66 is my new love. :)

LostMy65 01-31-2012 07:09 AM

Re: Lost My 65

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...33#post5157433

66-PMD-GMC 01-31-2012 08:58 AM

Looks like he is letting it rust into the ground.
It also looks like a chevy with a GMC grill...
PM me if he wants to sell it and you arent interested.
Letting it go like that is a shame, I'll give it a good home if you don't want it.

1963c-10 01-31-2012 10:02 AM

Still looks salvageable to me.

66-PMD-GMC 01-31-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1963c-10 (Post 5157612)
Still looks salvageable to me.

Yeah but isn't that the point? It shouldn't be in salvageable condition. It should have been taken care of... The present owner should be hanging his head low... The condition of that truck is shameful..:(

Str8axle 01-31-2012 10:33 AM

That's still pretty clean by east coast standards. Don't let a little surface rust discourage you. That truck out here would go for good $ as it is.
Posted via Mobile Device

markeb01 01-31-2012 10:35 AM

At least now you have an answer, and no longer have to wonder if you'll ever find it. And good eye, picking it out on a satellite photo.

Budman56 01-31-2012 10:40 AM

LOST MY 65, DONT GIVE UP ON IT NOW YOU FOUND IT!!!!! IT NEVER HURTS TO HAVE AN EXTRA PROJECT SETTING IN THE GARAGE!!!:chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy: :chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::c hevy::chevy:

66-PMD-GMC 01-31-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Str8axle (Post 5157669)
That's still pretty clean by east coast standards. Don't let a little surface rust discourage you. That truck out here would go for good $ as it is.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah but that's not my point is it?
The photo from 4 years ago and the photo from a year ago show total neglect.
I am from Michigan and I take parts for cars and trucks back there so I now the trucks value.
My point is blatant irresponsible neglect. That truck shouldn't go from pretty nice to a surface rusted heap. That's going backward. People that let that happen shouldn't own classic vehicles.
Thats my point...
And I am dead serious, I'll buy it if it's for sale.

Str8axle 01-31-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66-PMD-GMC (Post 5157709)
Yeah but that's not my point is it?
The photo from 4 years ago and the photo from a year ago show total neglect.
I am from Michigan and I take parts for cars and trucks back there so I now the trucks value.
My point is blatant irresponsible neglect. That truck shouldn't go from pretty nice to a surface rusted heap. That's going backward. People that let that happen shouldn't own classic vehicles.
Thats my point...
And I am dead serious, I'll buy it if it's for sale.

^^^I agree with you 150%.^^^ But life does happen, and it's hard to fault someone without knowing the whole story.

I was merely stating to the OP (who has gone through all this trouble to find his old truck) to not be so discouraged by the present condition of it, which isn't bad at all.

Sorry if you took it the wrong way....

YBNORML 01-31-2012 11:20 AM

It's pretty cool that you found it. Don't let the condition scare you away after all the effort you have put into finding her. Hopefully the current owner will be reasonable with his pricing and not jack the price up because he knows you want it.
Here is your chance to become your very own "Chevy runs deep" commercial :)
Good luck
Posted via Mobile Device

1963c-10 01-31-2012 11:34 AM

No of us know what problems that the the PO has had. Could be medical or serious financial problems. I think that its a little harsh to bash the PO for letting the condition deteriorate. Its his truck and maybe thats what he wanted. Plenty of us have trucks in less than perfect condition. I know that I have had to put off plenty of projects due to medical or financial obligations. These trucks do not mean the same to all owners.

losthope 01-31-2012 11:35 AM

Thats Rad you found it!!! As far as the condition it just looks like the primer(if thats primer) absorbed some water and is surface rusting under the primer shouldnt be to much work to remedy.....As far as the new owner i wouldnt be to hard on him and the condition of the truck untill you knew the whole story, he could be a frail old man with a cane that doesnt have the mobile skills anymore to work on the truck , but loves it and keeping it.....id rather see it like that then in a field rotting away,or some dipstick doing a hack job on it:lol:

losthope 01-31-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1963c-10 (Post 5157774)
No of us know what problems that the the PO has had. Could be medical or serious financial problems. I think that its a little harsh to bash the PO for letting the condition deteriorate. Its his truck and maybe thats what he wanted. Plenty of us have trucks in less than perfect condition. I know that I have had to put off plenty of projects due to medical or financial obligations. These trucks do not mean the same to all owners.

Haha posted almost the same thing at the same time!

1963c-10 01-31-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by losthope (Post 5157782)
Haha posted almost the same thing at the same time!

Right on. Great minds think alike.

LostMy65 01-31-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66-PMD-GMC (Post 5157629)
Yeah but isn't that the point? It shouldn't be in salvageable condition. It should have been taken care of... The present owner should be hanging his head low... The condition of that truck is shameful..:(

Sorry, I should of mentioned he has had some health issues.
Posted via Mobile Device

LostMy65 01-31-2012 01:13 PM

Wow! You guys are doing a great job convincing me to get her back.
You're making me think of 10 years from now, and possibly regretting letting her slip through my fingers again.
Posted via Mobile Device

markeb01 01-31-2012 01:52 PM

Just curious, does it still have the fleetside tail lights?

YBNORML 01-31-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostMy65 (Post 5157935)
You're making me think of 10 years from now, and possibly regretting letting her slip through my fingers again.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't think you'll regret it..........

I know you will!!!!!!!! I would:)
Posted via Mobile Device

PAPA KENT 01-31-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostMy65 (Post 5157935)
Posted via Mobile Device

i have been lucky enough to find a few of mine from my past as i'm sure that everyone has found their lost love years after selling them but i am one that passed on several of them and they still haunt me today where if i found one of them today it would again be mine.

GOOD LUCK!