The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Tattoos (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=843293)

4u2nv 03-27-2023 06:32 AM

Tattoos

Anyone have some they want to show ???

special-K 03-27-2023 07:19 AM

Re: Tattoos

Yes and not really. I don't have any pictures anyway.

Mine are both upper arms/shoulders. They show when I wear a tank top. I was caught up in the Harley thing for quite a while. I was cool being the guy with no tattoos for a long time. Then my wife got a big butterfly on her belly she felt she needed. I had no choice but to roll with that. I didn't agree with her reason for getting it. Since I was a biker and my wife had a tattoo, I decided to get some. I don't really regret that, but I do feel it was not me following my own path. They tell a story of a segment of my life. I guess that's what they were originally about

Grumpy old man 03-27-2023 08:00 AM

Does the full back "my little kitty" count ? or the chinese writing on my neck that translates to "Turkey sandwhich " ? :lol:

LONGHAIR 03-27-2023 12:11 PM

Yes, and same is Tim, not really willing to show them.
Mine are both arms, shoulder to back of hand. Flames, skulls, and dragons, typical biker stuff, from the late 80s/early 90s, none of the trendy tribal stuff though.

biketopia 03-27-2023 12:42 PM

I don't have any but I've always wanted two old school Sailor Jerry/Flash style pin up girls on me somewhere. One with an Army theme and the other Navy to represent/honor both my grandfathers service. Not sure it'll ever happen now, the wife hates my ear gagues enough, my mother in law would probably file the divorce paper work for her daughter if she found out I had a tattoo.

Grumpy old man 03-27-2023 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy old man (Post 9190712)
Does the full back "my little kitty" count ? or the chinese writing on my neck that translates to "Turkey sandwhich " ? :lol:

Well that wouldn't be me ! :lol:

truckster 03-27-2023 07:24 PM

You wouldn't be very interested in mine. One dot on each hip. They use them to align you on the radiation table when you're getting cancer treatment.

Palf70Step 03-27-2023 07:54 PM

44 years with military and I have none. Just never wanted to be stabbed.

special-K 03-27-2023 09:09 PM

I have one on my butt. Wanna see it? :lol:

FleetsidePaul 03-27-2023 09:25 PM

Never got one. I always wanted Chinese dragons on my forearms but never got around to it. Now I'm just too old to try and look cool. Nobody's looking anymore. I could get one on my butt saying "Take it easy' for my proctologist.

Ironhorse 03-27-2023 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9190963)
Never got one. I always wanted Chinese dragons on my forearms but never got around to it. Now I'm just too old to try and look cool. Nobody's looking anymore. I could get one on my butt saying "Take it easy' for my proctologist.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Oh, the drama!

Never saw the need for tats or "ink" I guess is the cool word for such. Never got any while I was in the military and tattoo shops were always all over around the bases and posts I was stationed at, both Germany and Vietnam. That and I can identify with Palf70step, got enough needles shoved in my arms and backside during my US Army days. Don't like needles at all and only endure such when there is a NEED for one.

1970 CST Short Wide 03-27-2023 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9190959)

Must be a big M, 1 on each cheek. One way says MOM. The other way say WOW

3757chevy 03-27-2023 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9190959)

None for me . I had a co worker years ago with "YOUR NAME" tattooed on his butt . He would win money by telling someone "I bet I have your name tattoed on my a$$." :lol:

KW5413 03-28-2023 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9190963)

I told my last butt cam team to remember that "...this ain't Disney Land!"

:D

4u2nv 03-28-2023 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1970 CST Short Wide (Post 9190978)

Just gave me an idea, LOL

67 twins 03-28-2023 06:02 AM

Do you want a picture of the one I removed using the road rash method?

4u2nv 03-28-2023 06:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I had a couple old ones that I always wanted to get covered up , one on my shoulder blade and one on the top of arm and one on the top of the other arm that will stay and get restored later.
With all the sun and age over the years they looked like a blob of ink.
I went and got a new one on the calf and he didn't sound to interested in doing cover ups on the crappy ones so I moved on to another guy that didn't mind taking my money and did excellent work
I don't mind showing the 2 cover ups he did.
He says that he made me into a tattoo junky ,I'm going back for me

special-K 03-28-2023 06:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

That is fun-EE! :lol:

I don't like getting poked with needles at all. Tattooing doesn't poke you, it pricks you. Big difference, the skin is not pierced. I think the fact that military guys have been the maintainers of the tradition ties to the origins of tattoo art. They were to tell a story, to represent a meaningful life event. It wasn't about being cool or impressing anyone. Of course, being art and/or a decoration, there does come the element of impressing people. You either like them or you do not... or like me, you like some and not others. Either by the type or by the location.

Tattoos also went through a popular era where they had been more widely accepted. This followed an era where most frowned upon them, seen as only worn by seedy characters. Once they became more accepted they spread to the mainstream and a banker might have some, though not visible M-F under their white collar button-up. You started seeing "cutesy" tattoos as much as "scary" ones.

My first tattoo came with deeper meaning. My oldest sister (Heather) was a well-known silver jewelry maker in Toas, NM who passed away way too young weeks after her 40th birthday from a burst brain aneurism. My next older sister (Holly) went out to deal with closing down Heather's shop and liquidating stock. Heather learned silversmithing from a Hopi craftsman, which is rare with her being white. She did her own interpretations of traditional Hopi designs. Holly brought back a paper pattern of the Peyote Bird, which symbolizes our journey to heaven, and I was moved to get a tattoo styled after that, to symbolize her journey.

From there, it was get one done on the other arm, then balance the first side with the second side. I might have never gotten tattoos had it not been for the disturbing loss of my healthy as can be, lived life to the fullest, major influence on my life big sister. My she rest in piece. She is missed by many

LONGHAIR 03-28-2023 09:03 AM

Quote:

There is a stripper chick "personality" named Wendy O Williams who had that done years ago. It was a big deal at the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3757chevy (Post 9191005)
None for me . I had a co worker years ago with "YOUR NAME" tattooed on his butt . He would win money by telling someone "I bet I have your name tattoed on my a$$." :lol:

Back in the 90s, when I was running with bikers and going to Easy Riders Rodeos, there was a dude who had that tattooed on his "junk". His trick was that the bet would be "if it really says your name, you have to kiss it"

special-K 03-28-2023 09:41 AM

I remember a stripper who had a tattoo of the Tasmanian Devil pushing a mower making a cut into the 'bush'. I found that to be very creative :rolleyes:

CG 03-28-2023 04:28 PM

I made it this long without getting one, I think I can make it the rest of the way. Both of my sons have tons of them, and my daughter in law has them. My grand daughters mom has them. Nieces and nephew have them. My grand daughter turns 18 this summer my guess is she'll get them. ... Its not edgy anymore or anything, nothing burgers in my eyes.

FleetsidePaul 03-28-2023 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LONGHAIR (Post 9191084)
There is a stripper chick "personality" named Wendy O Williams who had that done years ago. It was a big deal at the time.

I remember her. She was the singer in the Plasmatics. Kind of hard to forget.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...asmatics_2.jpg

leddzepp 03-28-2023 05:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I regret getting mine :lol:

KW5413 03-28-2023 05:31 PM

I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I saw that!!!

But, apparently you were when you did it. LOL!

richard2717 03-28-2023 08:12 PM

Older fella that used to work for me told me that he had a $100 bill tattooed on his manhood. When I asked why he said his wife was terrible with money so he told her anytime she got the hankering to blow $100 to come see him. True story