The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Who had Barn Door pics?? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=112473)

GMCjunkie 07-20-2004 06:45 AM

Who had Barn Door pics??

Who had the detailed pics of installed Burb Barn Doors?? I saved the pics from the post, but lost them via computer virus... REALLY hoping to keep moving along with my barn door swap. ANY and ALL detailed info is MUCHO appreciated!!! :D:D

sub4rvr 07-23-2004 12:41 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Hope these aren't too late. Let me know if you different or bigger pics. Good luck!

GMCjunkie 07-24-2004 06:31 AM

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! Not too late at all!!! ... Thoes pics are PERFECT!! I will put them in their own file this time!!! Thanks again!!

The Joker 07-24-2004 11:28 AM

catch

Those are good pictures. In converting my tail gate to barn doors, I have to cut the top center out on barn doors, as the stricker plate is not mated for the tail gate.

GMCjunkie 07-24-2004 07:40 PM

Joker... Im not sure what you mean... Is this something that I will have to do also?? Are there any other mods Ill have to make to fit the barn doors on?
Thanks,
junk

The Joker 07-24-2004 09:32 PM

gate

I am trying to convert one sub with a tail gate to barn doors. Most of the holes and indentations are there for the doors, except the striker plate on top in the middle that holds the drivers side back barn door shut. So I am going to have to cut one out of another sub and weld it in. It is shown in the first picture of sub4rvr. I couldn't find the other post about the doors either.

GMCjunkie 07-25-2004 07:40 AM

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php3?t=76738

I found the old post about the barn doors, its on the "pictures" board, heres the link, prolly wont work cause I dont know how to post thoes :rolleyes:

GMCjunkie 07-25-2004 07:43 AM

Wow!! it DID work.... I never cease to amaze myself...:rolleyes: :lol:

Dan72cst 07-27-2004 02:04 PM

Jodi, you crack me up. Glad you found the old post on the picture board. And of course we will need to see pic's of yours when your ready.

Joe67 07-29-2004 07:54 AM

I can take additional pics of '67 barn doors on my panel if anyone needs them :D

GMCjunkie 08-03-2004 10:17 AM

Hmmm, Im not really seeing what youre talking about having to "cut from another burb and weld" for the barn doors to work. Can anyone enlighten me?? I dont want any surprises to delay me , once I get these doors ready to switch. Thanks, Junk

The Joker 08-04-2004 09:12 PM

latch

GMC Junkie
In the first picture that sub4rvr posted there is a catch for the driver side barn door in the rear. It has 4 bolts that hold it in place and it is adjustable by loosening those bolts for that barn door. Well those 4 bolts have nuts up inside the roof and the only way I can see to put those nuts in there is by cutting that peice out and then welding it back in with the nuts. I tried going in through the roof but there is not enough room. Those nuts are mounted in a saddle and tack welded from the factory,that holds the bolds in place. It will be a little while before I can post some pics to show you what i am talking about.
Joker

sub4rvr 08-05-2004 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Joker
GMC Junkie
In the first picture that sub4rvr posted there is a catch for the driver side barn door in the rear. It has 4 bolts that hold it in place and it is adjustable by loosening those bolts for that barn door. Well those 4 bolts have nuts up inside the roof

What about the two catches for the bottom of the doors? Are the holes and nuts there on a truck that came with a tailgate? Just curious.

The Joker 08-05-2004 11:49 PM

holes

No there are no holes for the bottom ones either, a person has to cut slotted holes and then weld the nut holder with the nuts. This can be done fairly easy as it is easy to get to. But the top one is a bugger.

olblue60@aol.com 08-29-2004 03:24 PM

Hi
I think that awhile ago, weren't you looking to find out what the GMC script looked like on a pair of barn doors? I just spotted a set on Ebay. "Parts and Accessories" section,under "1967 Suburban". Still looking? They are on the back of the yellow parts truck.

John