The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What ever happened to Project copperhead? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=536976)

BADPURPLE70CHEVY 08-04-2012 05:24 PM

What ever happened to Project copperhead?

Just curious does anyone know who ended up with project copperhead truck after it was completed? I love that truck. I included the video of when it was finished and stacey davids takes her out on her maiden voyage. I love the fact gas was 1.79 in the background when he's driving.:lol:

Palf70Step 08-04-2012 06:12 PM

Re: What ever happened to Project copperhead?

Last I saw on his new show (Gearz) he still has it.

http://staceydavid.com/projects/copperhead

oletimer72 08-04-2012 06:37 PM

awesome....

1972BackInBlackC10 08-04-2012 08:24 PM

he said on an eisode of gearz that he was auctioning it off for charity, that was some time ago

POS1 08-04-2012 08:50 PM

I would think that's one of the perks of having a show like that - getting to keep the results.

BADPURPLE70CHEVY 08-04-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POS1 (Post 5522961)
I would think that's one of the perks of having a show like that - getting to keep the results.

Yea must be nice.:lol:

PAWS 72 08-04-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POS1 (Post 5522961)

And deep pockets also

schurg 08-04-2012 10:35 PM

2 questions:

1, how much was spent on doing that build?

and 2, how does anyone use that frickin english wheel effectively?!? :lol:

Already Gone 08-05-2012 02:20 AM

The truck was sold on Ebay a few years ago for 67,000. I think I have the Ebay auction page bookmarked on my computer and if I find it will post the Ebay page tomorrow.
Posted via Mobile Device

Expat_dude 08-05-2012 02:37 AM

One of my favorites! I love the color!
Posted via Mobile Device

PanelDeland 08-05-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schurg (Post 5523145)
2 questions:

1, how much was spent on doing that build?

and 2, how does anyone use that frickin english wheel effectively?!? :lol:

1.Not that much.Those shows are to showcase the parts which are given to the for the advertising.

2.Practice,practice,practice,then more practice.I still haven't got it but my B-I-L is fair with one.

schurg 08-05-2012 09:04 AM

nah, I mean that particular english wheel....it's built like a hotrod, v8 included! I cant see how you could get to the business end comfortably to use the damned thing..lol

koda360 08-05-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schurg (Post 5523603)
nah, I mean that particular english wheel....it's built like a hotrod, v8 included! I cant see how you could get to the business end comfortably to use the damned thing..lol

The mock engine comes off...

Already Gone 08-05-2012 12:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I found the expired auction page and tried for a 1/2 hour to post a link on here. It doesn't work.Anyway Copperhead sold for 67,300 on March 9th,2009. the auction opened at 50,000 and ther were 15 bids. The attached pic is from the auction page and is the only one that saved to my computer.

For you computer gurus why is it that when I save an Ebay auction page to my computer the pictures that were on the auction page disappear after a few months. If I save an expired auction page with pictures, isn't it being saved on my hard drive and the pictures should stay on my hard drive, right? Does anyone know if Ebay does something to make the pictures disappear?

BADPURPLE70CHEVY 08-05-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Already Gone (Post 5523816)
I found the expired auction page and tried for a 1/2 hoiur to post a link on here. It doesbn't work . Anyway Copperhead sold for 67,300 on March 9th,2009. the auction opened at 50,000 and ther were 5 bids. The attached pic id from the auction page and is the only one that saved to my computer.

For you computer gurus why is it that when I save an Ebay auction page to my computer the pictures that were on the auction page disappear after a few months. If I save an expired auction page with pictures, isn't it being saved on my hard drive and the pictures should stay on my hard drive, right? Does anyone know if Ebay does something to make the pictures disappear?

Wow 67,300. I wonder if theres a way to find out who owns it and if they have changed anything? I would think not.

So.Cal.Super 08-05-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

I found the expired auction page and tried for a 1/2 hour to post a link on here. It doesn't work.Anyway Copperhead sold for 67,300 on March 9th,2009. the auction opened at 50,000 and ther were 15 bids. The attached pic is from the auction page and is the only one that saved to my computer.

If your saving the page on your pc but it is pulling the page up via link and ebay has removed them thats why. unless you DL the pic and save it on your PC. Then you have a hard copy of it. Not sure which you did.

As far as copperhead. It's a nice truck but, I have a lot more respect for people's work on this board and more Wow factor for most of them.
Not saying Stacey Davis did a bad job. just painting bolt on parts for the most part... I guess I would have liked to see more custom. In his defense he does talk about doing things the avg person can do in his garage. I just have seen much better work IMO come out of
67-72chevytrucks.com.

Already Gone 08-05-2012 01:52 PM

I understand what you are saying about saving the pics to my hard drive, I just wonder why the pics didnt save with the page when the auction page was live in 2009.

So.Cal.Super 08-05-2012 01:53 PM

The pics might be hyperlinked, you save the page but its pulling the pics up via ebay?

davepl 08-05-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

When saving it, don't save a link, do File->Save as, and when you save it, make sure you pick "Web Archive, single file". You'll see it uses the MHT file extension.

When you do this it makes one big copy of the page complete with images and everything. Aside from script code that might depend on the server still being around, you'll get a complete snapshot that should last pretty much forever. You do not need to save the pics separately (except for linked photos, but anything actually ON that page at the time you save it will work).

54belair 08-05-2012 05:38 PM

I loved this build, But---I usually have a tough time relating to stacys' builds because he always goes way over the top.
The average guy could never duplicate any of his builds because of all the parts donated for on air endorsements.

If the bidding started at 50K----my guess is thats what he figured he had in it.

darush01 02-20-2016 04:40 PM

I asked Stacy today when I got his autograph at Carl Casper show, he said it's in Texas now and he wishes he still had it lol

5150 05-22-2023 04:35 PM

Anyone know who the owner in Texas is?

Jason Banks 05-22-2023 04:40 PM

I watched this a few weeks ago. Maybe you have seen it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nLXkHdczcI

5150 05-22-2023 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Banks (Post 9206250)
I watched this a few weeks ago. Maybe you have seen it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nLXkHdczcI

I have not, but unfortunately it doesn't get me any closer to finding the owner.

raggedjim 05-23-2023 10:12 AM

Some good info but doesn't say who new owner is. In one of his podcast he called the new owner Dale...

https://staceydavid.com/projects/copperhead