The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Newest JR member (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=15815)

Longhorn Man 06-17-2002 12:50 AM

Newest JR member

1 Attachment(s)
This is my son Justin, I am kinda happy and proud here, for the first time, ha has shown interest in my hobby. He wanted to help me sooooo bad when i was doing that tranny, and he would not take no for an answer. I let him remove and install the kick down cable. (I never have had one on my truck)
He got a huge kick out of it too. As soon as his mommy got home, it was the first thing he told her. He ran and took the digi-cam so he could prove it too.

bigjimzlll 06-17-2002 08:48 AM

thats a great fathers day present!!!

Longhorn Man 06-17-2002 09:25 AM

I thought so too. :D

Randy70C-10 06-17-2002 10:24 AM

:cool: Cool! I don't have any boys, but my daughter helped me clean my bike.

Longhorn Man 06-17-2002 12:10 PM

I just got done loading up all my tools to go to the new job, and Justin was telling me that he will fork for mew, becouse he is "a great mechanic".
He's never acted like this before...I am very happy.
Thanks for listning to me brag. :D:cool:

O'l Buck 06-17-2002 12:27 PM

Man, when my boys get old enough to actually help with things like that, I hope they still want to.....My 2 year old always wants to help, but i'm sure you know how that goes....("Coltin!!!...Get outta the horsepen!!!").....or"Don't hit that windshield with the hammer"....lol

VNMOUS 06-17-2002 12:49 PM

:D hey olebuck my sons name is COLTON he is 12. He will help dad on ocasions.:bowtie: :flag:

GMCjunkie 06-17-2002 01:24 PM

WOW, Justin youre a little STUD MUFFIN!!!! (wonder where ya got THAT from :rolleyes: ) lol I too have a "Junkie j.r." My son, also named Justin, hes 12 and LOVES to help mom work on her burb, He's still braggin about helping me change the front diff cover seal.:D :D :D

crew70 06-17-2002 01:33 PM

cool longhorn ! I have 3 boys of my own and I love when they help me. please excuse me I have something in my Eye.

colohusker 06-17-2002 02:08 PM

Heard that Nick, my 10 year old, took apart grandma's lawnmower last week without telling anyone. My youngest isn't into mechanical things yet, think I'm afraid of when he is since he's too much like me!

Scott

Big69C20 Toy 06-17-2002 02:20 PM

Aww that's great man. Must make a father so proud. Hopefully he'll share our obsession with these trucks and continue the line..

weasel29gm 06-17-2002 06:14 PM

Thats great LM , my 6 yr old Chase helps me all the time in fact some times to much. He or his little buddy dropped a piece of a valve stem down a sparkplug hole, good thing I hadn't timed it yet .Had to pull the head and pan,I'm glad turned out it was a 4-bolt block!!!! Got to luv em' any how!!!!!!:bowtie: :flag: :bowtie:

DennyB 06-17-2002 06:50 PM

That’s great! With so much enthusiasm at a young age, no doubt he will be a good wrench turner....a chip off the old block!http://personal.clt.bellsouth.net/cl...iggthumpup.gifhttp://personal.clt.bellsouth.net/cl...s/biglaugh.gif

68C10 06-17-2002 09:40 PM

I have a Justin too. He's 15 and suddenly MY truck has become HIS truck. I've gotten so used to him working with me I don't like to do it by myself.
Enjoy the time together ... it goes by much too fast.:D

Super Chevy 06-17-2002 10:38 PM

funny alot of you peoples kid's are older then me (im 14) ,i dont spend much time with my dad anymore, But do work on my truck everyday,this site has helped me alot in the early days, i did alot by myself (trans and rocker replacement to name some of the more skilled ones) thanks to you guy, thanks again

SC

:bowtie: :flag:

PushinPebbles 06-17-2002 11:02 PM

hehe 72 super chevy and I are the same age...................well ya'll talk about ur sons helping you guys and gurls..................It's sorta weird hearing u talk about it...........................My dad got me started by sanding ,sanding, and more sanding.....................Then i got a few part trucks AND... then I got a "BIG" title for a early christmas present.......................for christmas i got a new battery,rockers,cab corners, front brakes(LMAO)and etc...................for my B-day i want a metal cowl( so I can weld it on there -yes i said "I") and i also want the newer 3 spoke headlights......................................Jack

Super Chevy 06-17-2002 11:06 PM

lol,you sound like me,I want either a cowl or drop springs for xmas,i too can weld Arch ,i never had the chance to mig,glad to know there are atleast 2 more my age here....

BIG ORANGE 06-17-2002 11:16 PM

our son's are tressure's

I know what you mean,my son is 7 and named after my great grandfather BUCK ROBINSON which is gone to meet his rewared.
Anyway the first truck I bought 8 years ago will be his,we are gonna build it together when he gets alittle older.
Man LIFE is good!