The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   C10 aftermarket doors (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=726626)

gordy toomey 01-05-2017 09:08 AM

C10 aftermarket doors

Can anybody recomend good replacement door supplier? I bought one from a guy, dont know supplier, and had a bad time trying to make it fit right. Still not like original.
I have read and heard other horror stories about aftermarket doors not fitting.

Maybe its better to fix rusty original equipment doors!

bill3rail 01-05-2017 09:28 AM

Re: C10 aftermarket doors

A friend installed LMC doors, and they work a thousand times better than his old worn out '69 doors!

Bill

GASoline71 01-05-2017 12:44 PM

Since they are pretty much made by the same manufacturer and rebranded by numerous suppliers... it probably doesn't matter who you buy from.

There are a lot of threads on here about aftermarket doors. Some cats have had good luck, and some haven't.

Gary

rob32472 01-05-2017 06:18 PM

I believe there are two or three manufactures of doors. All have issues.... it boils down to making them fit or fixing rust pick your poison....

special-K 01-06-2017 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill3rail (Post 7815426)
A friend installed LMC doors, and they work a thousand times better than his old worn out '69 doors!

Bill

A rare exception for them to fit. Better than OEM? Utterly unbelievable (and LMC doesn't make doors)

There have been two attempts at doors as far as I know

67ChevyRedneck 01-06-2017 01:19 AM

The doors have changed over the years. I have a set from 2005/2006 ish. I got mine to fit very well, but the skins are thin as a brand new truck, literally. Within the past couple of years, the skin has gotten much better, almost OEM thickness, however I've read some people have had issues with fitment at the hinges and door latch area now... so... its kind of a crap shoot. I would suggest finding a supplier close to you and drive there to pick up the doors in person to make sure you're happy with how they look and the gauge of the metal. I kept my OEM doors (I sucked with welding 10 years ago) and plan to repair the little bit of rust they did have in the corners. I can spot a set of OEM vs aftermarket doors immediately on ANY truck. The aftermarket doors are "straight" all the way across, even at the front of the door. Look at any set of OEM doors, there's a very subtle, but noticeable curve along the front edge of every OEM door. The aftermarket doors do not have this curve.

Given your location, I'm sure there's a parts house in Raleigh, if not, NPD is located in Charlotte. A few hour ride is much better than paying truck freight! I'm in Greenville SC and I know of at least 4 places I can get parts from in person within 2 hours or less.