The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Bad decisions or twisted logic? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=826207)

FleetsidePaul 09-25-2021 03:04 AM

Bad decisions or twisted logic?

My wife had to drive an hour away There is a hot dog place there. I won't mention name but it rhymes with Wienerschnitzel.

I love their chili cheese dogs. So my wife picks me up a couple.

A couple of days later I ask where the hot dogs are? She doesn't know. So I look in the car and there they are. They've been sitting in the car for two days.

This is where poor judgment comes in. I think WTF...I've eaten worse. Just throw them in the microwave and heat them up. They're fine.

Uh. Big disclaimer here... NO THEY AREN'T! NEVER DO THIS! Unless you want to see the ole brown eye express come roaring out of the tunnel. It's not pretty folks. But in my defense they still tasted pretty good.

I think I'm the reason that they put those stupid warning labels on stuff.

I guess that I just have to learn the hard way.

Dieselwrencher 09-25-2021 05:26 AM

Re: Bad decisions or twisted logic?

:lol: Maybe it was the cheese on them? :lol: That dairy stuff sure doesn't mix well when it's on the way down and hits the ol stomach.

special-K 09-25-2021 06:12 AM

Dogs have the same problem. They eat what smells tasty and have no idea about food spoiling, refrigeration, or expiration dates. It all tastes good going down and only time will tell if it was spoiled or not. I would never think to compare your thought process to a dog (although I have greater respect for dogs than many people) so I'll just answer "both", bad decision AND twisted logic. Were those the only two choices cuz I have more for ya? :lol:

Ol Blue K20 09-25-2021 08:44 AM

I have the same reaction to their stuff when it fresh! I won't eat there....

Stocker 09-25-2021 09:06 AM

Bad decision, twisted logic, and (hopefully!) a learning experience.

I feel bad for ya, Paul. Years ago the missus & I picked up turkey wraps (Carls Jr, I think). Drove an hour home & ate 'em for supper.
Around midnight we both woke up sick as dogs for several hours. Eruptions up and down. Never been through anything like that in my life & never want to again.

57taskforce 09-25-2021 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8975892)
My wife had to drive an hour away There is a hot dog place there. I won't mention name but it rhymes with Wienerschnitzel.

A couple of days later I ask where the hot dogs are? She doesn't know. So I look in the car and there they are. They've been sitting in the car for two days.

This is where poor judgment comes in. I think WTF...I've eaten worse. Just throw them in the microwave and heat them up. They're fine.

Uh. Big disclaimer here... NO THEY AREN'T! NEVER DO THIS! Unless you want to see the ole brown eye express come roaring out of the tunnel. It's not pretty folks. But in my defense they still tasted pretty good.

Lol you and my brother would get along great. He’s famous for eating the leftovers from the back of the fridge that have been hanging out back there for a week or two. I won’t hardly touch certain types of leftovers because I hate eruptions of either kind. He damn near has the mentality that if it doesn’t have mold on it it’s fair game:lol:

CG 09-25-2021 12:48 PM

Personally I dont like the cheese on my chili dogs from "that place" but if they were just plain ol chili dogs I would have stared at them long and hard, devil on one shoulder angel on the other.

Ziegelsteinfaust 09-25-2021 02:32 PM

On the plus side think of the weight loss.

But I hope you feel better soon. Every time I get the brown rain. It takes me two weeks to get back in shape.

FleetsidePaul 09-25-2021 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 8976020)
Personally I dont like the cheese on my chili dogs from "that place" but if they were just plain ol chili dogs I would have stared at them long and hard, devil on one shoulder angel on the other.

I like cheese. I load it up on everything and I have the clogged arteries to prove it.

My friend will not eat any cheese. He hates it. I think he's nuts. He won't eat pizza. Absolutely nothing with cheese. Ever.

My wife won't eat peanut butter. She can't stand it. But she will munch on peanuts all day long. :confused: I don't get it. It's the same thing?

But it does come in handy. She eats my candy bars if I leave them out. So I buy Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. She won't touch them. :lol: I'm such a jerk.

Nick_R_23 09-25-2021 05:27 PM

My ex used to be such a stickler for expiration dates, she’d sometimes throw food out before the date! Leftovers don’t bother me at all, if it doesn’t smell or have visible degradation, it’s good to go.

Although lately I’ve been noticing a reaction to dairy based foods, so I think I’m becoming lactose intolerant. Doctors say you can develop it at any time. Great.

Steeveedee 09-25-2021 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick_R_23 (Post 8976107)
My ex used to be such a stickler for expiration dates, she’d sometimes throw food out before the date! Leftovers don’t bother me at all, if it doesn’t smell or have visible degradation, it’s good to go.

Although lately I’ve been noticing a reaction to dairy based foods, so I think I’m becoming lactose intolerant. Doctors say you can develop it at any time. Great.

I discovered that I was lactose intolerant 20 years ago. I'm using Fast-Act Lactase. It works great. Until I discovered it, I didn't have any dairy products for a couple of years, and I love sharp cheddar and bleu cheese.

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 09-25-2021 07:26 PM

Quote:

Wholly Wienerschnitzel:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You had that one com'n, but I almost get the logic thing, destroy all problems with the micro. :lol:

I don't know, personally, sometimes the fast food hits me wrong anyway, 2 out of 3 for next time?;)

LT7A 09-25-2021 08:08 PM

Wow, you're a braver man than I am.

I probably push my luck with stuff in the fridge sometimes. The thing that keeps me from being too experimental is the fact that you only experienced the MILD symptoms of eating something that has gone bad. Depending on what's growing in there, you could well have a trip to the hospital and may end up fighting for your life. What probably actually helped you a lot is all of the preservatives that were in the dogs.

Despite all that, I have a craving now for chili dogs ; )

Nick_R_23 09-25-2021 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 8976128)
I discovered that I was lactose intolerant 20 years ago. I'm using Fast-Act Lactase. It works great. Until I discovered it, I didn't have any dairy products for a couple of years, and I love sharp cheddar and bleu cheese.

Interesting, I’ll have to give it a try. I hate to limit yogurt, cheese, pizza, ice cream, and milk. Even though I probably should anyway :lol:

Steeveedee 09-25-2021 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick_R_23 (Post 8976153)
Interesting, I’ll have to give it a try. I hate to limit yogurt, cheese, pizza, ice cream, and milk. Even though I probably should anyway :lol:

I've quite the roof over my tool shed, if you get my drift... :D

kwmech 09-25-2021 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 8975942)
I have the same reaction to their stuff when it fresh! I won't eat there....

I was going to say the same thing--works better than Taco Bell if ya want a good flush

Steeveedee 09-25-2021 10:23 PM

Del Taco did it for me- a "Del Meat" burrito with two packets of hot sauce, to cauterize the wound.

Nick_R_23 09-25-2021 11:16 PM

I need to get my hands on a bottle of Taco Bell’s Diablo sauce. The rest of them don’t have any kick at all.

special-K 09-26-2021 06:48 AM

Quote:

...I love their chili cheese dogs. So my wife picks me up a couple.

Ok, STOP right there! "A couple days later I ask where they are"? Had you checked the refrigerator yet? You decided you were ready to eat one a couple days later?? Found them in the car??? Ate them ?????? Hmmm... let me work on this a while. I'm having trouble taking this info in. Kinda like eating two day left out in a hot car chili dogs :lol: :lol: :lol:

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 09-27-2021 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8976328)
Ok, STOP right there! "A couple days later I ask where they are"? Had you checked the refrigerator yet? You decided you were ready to eat one a couple days later?? Found them in the car??? Ate them ?????? Hmmm... let me work on this a while. I'm having trouble taking this info in. Kinda like eating two day left out in a hot car chili dogs :lol: :lol: :lol:

This

FleetsidePaul 09-27-2021 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8976328)

:lol: I thought that she had put them in the fridge and when she said that she hadn't I thought "Uh oh' and checked the car.

They looked fine. So I ate them. Not the first time that's backfired on me.

Just remember this. Always sniff it before you eat it. ;)

special-K 09-27-2021 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8976769)
They looked fine. So I ate them. Not the first time that's backfired on me.

:lol: He said backfire! :lol:

Rich84 09-27-2021 08:50 AM

The car must smell great? Your lucky you didn't die.

Stocker 09-27-2021 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8976769)
Just remember this. Always sniff it before you eat it. ;)

Priceless bit of advice right there. :lol:

FleetsidePaul 09-27-2021 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich84 (Post 8976824)
The car must smell great? Your lucky you didn't die.

:lol:I gave that car to my daughter and got a new one. She can buy an air freshener and put the windows down.

I can hear her now saying " What has he been doing in here?' :lol:

A couple chili dogs won't kill me. I've survived worse. Like two ex wives that had it out for me. :mm: