The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960-1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Power Brake Booster Adapter Bracket (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=339081)

Captainfab 11-23-2011 12:27 AM

Re: Power Brake Booster Adapter Bracket

Thank you much for the compliment Mr. Ed :D

poldenbuttel 11-29-2011 12:09 PM

Your brackets are a site for sore eyes. Thank you for offering these great products. I have sent you a PM to order a Booster bracket for a 67. Look forward to hearing from you.

chevyrestoguy 11-29-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captainfab (Post 4993058)
The only way that could be an issue is if you are using a factory auto column, But since you are looking at a 7" booster, that shouldn't be an issue either way. With the larger boosters the trans shift rod can contact the booster when in park.

Cap'n:
I am going to be running your bracket with a factory auto column and the booster you specified in Post #1. Do you think the shift rod might hit in this configuration? The reason why I'm asking is that I haven't bought a booster yet. If it might hit, I'll look for a smaller booster.

Captainfab 11-30-2011 12:30 AM

On my '66 Suburban, I have a factory auto column. I am running a '72 Impala booster, and I had to trim a little off of the rod that goes down to the trans, and also I made a slight dimple in the booster for a little added clearence. I have not noticed any issues resulting from the dimple.

I don't remember for certain the diameter of the Impala booster, I will have to verify that. I believe the S10 boosters are a little smaller diameter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevyrestoguy (Post 5037835)
Cap'n:
I am going to be running your bracket with a factory auto column and the booster you specified in Post #1. Do you think the shift rod might hit in this configuration? The reason why I'm asking is that I haven't bought a booster yet. If it might hit, I'll look for a smaller booster.

Captainfab 12-01-2011 12:00 AM

The overall diameter of the '72 Impala booster on my Suburban is aprox 10.5". The '88-'98 full sized truck boosters are the same size.

Budman56 12-02-2011 10:06 AM

Captainfab i need one of your brackets where do i order it from?

Captainfab 12-02-2011 11:42 PM

Bud, I replied to your email this afternoon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budman56 (Post 5043280)
Captainfab i need one of your brackets where do i order it from?

argonaut 12-31-2011 03:13 AM

Captainfab,
I'm planning to run a hydraulic clutch on my 66 K10, and I already have an 8" double diaphragm booster from CPP. Can you make one of these 63-66 brake booster adapter brackets with the back plate that will allow me to mount a clutch master cylinder similar to the way it is done on your 60-62? it looks like the 60-62 version would work with two additional holes drilled in the original master mount location. Let me know, thanks.

Captainfab 12-31-2011 12:48 PM

Yes that can be done. I have done a few in the past, but I don't currently have those parts in stock. I will need to order some parts laser cut for those, which will take about a week to get done. Let me know and I can get those ordered on Tuesday morning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by argonaut (Post 5092818)
Captainfab,
I'm planning to run a hydraulic clutch on my 66 K10, and I already have an 8" double diaphragm booster from CPP. Can you make one of these 63-66 brake booster adapter brackets with the back plate that will allow me to mount a clutch master cylinder similar to the way it is done on your 60-62? it looks like the 60-62 version would work with two additional holes drilled in the original master mount location. Let me know, thanks.

argonaut 01-03-2012 04:44 PM

Captain,
Thanks for the confirmation that you can do the bracket. I might not be ready for it until next month. I'm planning the build right now and want to make sure i have everything covered. I will send you a PM when I am ready for it.

Captainfab 01-04-2012 12:26 AM

OK, just let me know. I think I am going to go ahead and get a couple of these cut next time I place and order in that thickness. So I should have the parts, when you decide.

Quote:

Originally Posted by argonaut (Post 5099584)
Captain,
Thanks for the confirmation that you can do the bracket. I might not be ready for it until next month. I'm planning the build right now and want to make sure i have everything covered. I will send you a PM when I am ready for it.

NewRevNorton 03-13-2012 10:44 PM

Bracket ordered!

lee64 03-16-2012 07:57 AM

Hi, Pretty new to the site but not the trucks. Got my 4th one recently. 64 short bed, stepside. Yours is the first bracket ive seen available. Still meking them? How do I go about ordering one. lee64

Captainfab 03-16-2012 11:38 PM

Yes these are available on a continual basis. I'll send you a PM with payment info.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lee64 (Post 5255087)
Hi, Pretty new to the site but not the trucks. Got my 4th one recently. 64 short bed, stepside. Yours is the first bracket ive seen available. Still meking them? How do I go about ordering one. lee64

Budman56 06-21-2012 09:33 PM

Capt I need another one of your brackets for a 66 c10. Would you send me your paypal info again here's my email budman5600@hotmail.com
Posted via Mobile Device

Captainfab 06-22-2012 01:05 AM

I'll send you an email in the AM Bud......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budman56 (Post 5447869)
Capt I need another one of your brackets for a 66 c10. Would you send me your paypal info again here's my email budman5600@hotmail.com
Posted via Mobile Device

bonehead 06-22-2012 12:05 PM

Sorry, I finding this thread late, but your bracket looks so simple and slick. Why did GM make that crazy offset bracket with the linkage thingy on the factory booster setup? Were they trying to get room for V8 engine clearance or something? This looks like it will work great with my 6 cyl.

Please educate me on this point.

Budman56 06-22-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captainfab (Post 5448257)
I'll send you an email in the AM Bud......

Did you send that email yet?
:hi2:
Posted via Mobile Device

Captainfab 06-22-2012 11:34 PM

I don't know the exact reason behind the angled mount, but I would say it was likely for clearance for the I6 air cleaner assembly. The trucks in the '67-'72 era with the I6's and power brakes, used an offset air cleaner. If you use this booster bracket in a truck with an I6, you can not use a centered stock style air cleaner. There is plenty of room for a straight mounted booster and a big block in these trucks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonehead (Post 5448740)
Sorry, I finding this thread late, but your bracket looks so simple and slick. Why did GM make that crazy offset bracket with the linkage thingy on the factory booster setup? Were they trying to get room for V8 engine clearance or something? This looks like it will work great with my 6 cyl.

Please educate me on this point.

Captainfab 06-22-2012 11:35 PM

No, sorry Bud, I did not. Today was one of those going 100mph days and got very little accomplished. I will send you an email right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budman56 (Post 5449495)
Did you send that email yet?
:hi2:
Posted via Mobile Device

sitos 07-02-2012 02:42 PM

Good afternoon sir, I need your power booster and power steering brackets. They look great and would help my project. Thanks, Mike

Captainfab 07-02-2012 03:19 PM

PM coming your way.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by sitos (Post 5465302)
Good afternoon sir, I need your power booster and power steering brackets. They look great and would help my project. Thanks, Mike

jdoisher 08-28-2012 10:52 PM

Sent you a PM!!
Thanks
Jason

Captainfab 08-28-2012 10:59 PM

PM relied to......

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdoisher (Post 5563279)
Sent you a PM!!
Thanks
Jason

jdoisher 08-31-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captainfab (Post 5563297)
PM relied to......

Just got my parts!!! Thanks for getting them out to me! Gives me plenty to do over the long weekend!!!
Jason