The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   S10 S15 Luv Blazer (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   My New Whip (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=843341)

Hotcorner 03-28-2023 11:55 PM

My New Whip

1 Attachment(s)
Two-owner 2002 and garage kept all the way. Looks almost new. Front tires are wearing unevenly, so it might need some front end work.

special-K 03-29-2023 07:01 AM

Re: My New Whip

Looks clean. Nice find. I may be entering into the Sonoma world soon. I need a li'l go-getter

Hotcorner 03-29-2023 09:08 AM

Thanks. I’m replacing my car and an old Nissan hardbody with one vehicle, so this made sense for my DD.

Hotcorner 04-19-2023 01:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New tires and an alignment. Tires were not cheap. Fortunately, the front end was good to go.

FleetsidePaul 04-28-2023 01:23 PM

Those are nice looking tires. And I'll bet they weren't cheap. Tires are expensive but it's the price of safety.

My Corvette was making a bumping noise when you turned the wheel sharply and I thought the worst, but new tires and alignment cured it. :)

Sharp Blazer!!! :metal:

Hotcorner 04-28-2023 02:58 PM

I just replaced the driver door hinge bushings and it was harder than I expected. The detent spring is a SOB to get out even with the tool. Also, the new bushings are fragile and the pins need to be installed carefully rather than just tapped back in without perfect alignment. Pins prelubricated too.

The first time I did it I knocked the pins down with the hammer and busted one of the bushings. Back to O’Reilly I went and you can’t just buy one bushing. Worse yet you have to take both pins back out to replace the broken bushing and jack up the other bushings.

Anyone replace the front crank seal in the 4.3? I noticed that I have some oil leaking at the front of the engine. Going to try to figure it out but the main seal is apparently a common issue on this motor

New stereo is on the way!

Hotcorner 04-28-2023 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9200128)
Those are nice looking tires. And I'll bet they weren't cheap. Tires are expensive but it's the price of safety.

My Corvette was making a bumping noise when you turned the wheel sharply and I thought the worst, but new tires and alignment cured it. :)

Sharp Blazer!!! :metal:

Paul, that’s quite a garage you’ve got!

FleetsidePaul 04-30-2023 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotcorner (Post 9200146)
Paul, that’s quite a garage you’ve got!

Thank you. I do have quite a few cars. Too many. I have sort of an addiction to them. :rolleyes: :lol:

I also have too many ex wives and like the cars they try their best to leave me penniless. :lol:

Hotcorner 04-30-2023 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9200495)
Thank you. I do have quite a few cars. Too many. I have sort of an addiction to them. :rolleyes: :lol:

I also have too many ex wives and like the cars they try their best to leave me penniless. :lol:

You and me both! 😂

Hotcorner 07-03-2023 02:15 PM

Replaced every front suspension component with new. Control arms, ball joints, Pittman arm, idler arm, sway bar bushings and links, tie rod ends, and shocks. I’m still getting a clunking sound over almost any size bump. Any ideas what it might be? About $1200 spent and I am pissed.

Hotcorner 08-27-2023 09:40 PM

Following up on my last post: it was the freaking hood hinges. There’s a TSB for it. Requires a funky washer to fix it.

TSB 01-08-63-001B

GM Part no. 12383460. Is apparently a common issue and sounds like a broken shock absorber.